• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

six paths sage mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mentions of Six Paths Sage Mode in New Era Naruto's stats should be removed, and his image's tabber title should be changed to "Kurama Mode", as he never uses Six Paths Sage Mode in Boruto. Allow me to explain...

These are images of Naruto from the Boruto manga in full color. The actual manga has not been colorized like its predecessor has, but there is official artwork and chapter covers that we can use. Using these images, we can gather a few things about the form that Naruto uses in the New Era:

1. The patterns and stripes on his clothing and on his hands look very similar to those of his Kurama Mode.
  2. His entire body, right down to his skin, is bathed in the Chakra of the Nine-Tails.
  3. His whiskers are much bolder than in his base form.
  4. His eyes are orange.
Now, we run down the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode and Kurama Mode, and the Six Paths Sage Mode, and compare the two to adult Naruto's preferred transformation.

Nine-Tails Chakra Mode and Kurama Mode:

1. The patterns and stripes on his clothing and on his hands look very similar to those of his form in Boruto.
  2. His entire body, right down to his skin, is bathed in the Chakra of the Nine-Tails.
  3. His whiskers are much bolder than in his base.
  4. His eyes are orange.
Six Paths Sage Mode (technically, Six Paths Kurama Sage Mode):
  1. The patterns and stripes on his clothing are nothing like those of the Kurama Mode and Naruto's preferred form in Boruto, and the patterns on his hands are gone.
  2. Only his coat seems to be bathed in the Nine-Tails' Chakra, with his skin, most notably, being clear, unlike his Kurama Mode and adult Naruto's preferred form.
  3. He is always surrounded by Truth-Seeking Orbs when in the form and, as of the fight with Sasuke, he would have three.
    • One could argue that he simply lost his Truth-Seeking Orbs in the battle with Sasuke, but he still has his three by the time the two of their strongest attacks clash and they are dropped out of their transformations (as seen in the second link; "have"). So, unless he lost those three between #699 and #700, which is pure speculation (unless there is a novel to shut me up), he would still have them whenever he entered the Six Paths Sage Mode, but as we can clearly see, he has none of them.
  4. His whiskers are much bolder than in his base, but that is only because he combined the form with Kurama Mode. His pre-Kurama Mode whiskers are the same as in base.
  5. His eyes are noticeably more yellow than orange in this form.
Naruto's preferred form in Boruto has much more in common with the Kurama Mode than the Six Paths Sage Mode.

In fact, in the design sheet for Boruto: Naruto the Movie, Naruto's form is simply considered "Chakra Mode" which essentially means: it's Kurama Mode. Games such as Shinobi Striker and Ninja Voltage consider Naruto's form to be "Kurama Link Mode", which is just a funny way of saying "Kurama Mode".

And, there were some interesting points that user AmaranthSparrow on Reddit brought up, as well:

All this to say, that the terms "Six Path Sage Mode" and "Six Paths Power" have not been officially used a single time in relation to Naruto since his final battle with Sasuke at the end of the original series.

Even in the mobile games that have been released since the series ended, his transformations in The Last and Boruto are kept distinct from Six Paths Sage Mode.

For example, in the mobile game Shinobi Collection Shippu Ranbu (which is where we've gotten names for a lot of the abilities that didn't appear in the final databook, like Asura and Indra's moves) the versions of Naruto representing his appearances in The Last and Boruto are unable to equip his Six Paths Sage Mode gear (Naruto's Six Paths Haori, Naruto's Palm Seal, Naruto's Truthseeker Orbs, Completed Tailed Beasts' Chakra) and are instead only able to equip his standard Kurama Mode stuff (Kurama Haori, Nine Tails' Chakra).
But nothing he's used since the end of Part II has ever been officially stated to be related to Six Paths anything, and in some cases have been made explicitly distinct from it.
Last, but surely the greatest, Saikyō Jump themselves officially deem this transformation as Kurama Mode in their Ninja Encyclopedia.

Of course, this is not saying that Naruto cannot use Six Paths Sage Mode; however, this is entirely possible.

If Six Paths Sage Mode was his most powerful form, why would he resort to using the Kurama Sage Mode to take on a threat such as Momoshiki, Delta, or Isshiki, characters who threaten the very world itself? If he had much more power to spare, as his Six Paths Sage Mode far exceeds the limits of his Kurama Sage Mode, why hold it back? Sure, he can still use the abilities of the Tailed Beasts, such as Lava Style, but he still has a piece of the Chakra of the Tailed Beasts inside of him. Of course, there's the quote from Shikamaru's Story that states that Naruto still holds a piece of the Six Paths' power within him due to the presence of the Tailed Beasts, but he only holds a piece. Whether or not New Era Naruto should lose his Six Paths Sage Mode entirely is up for debate, but it should be removed from his stats and replaced with Kurama Mode.

I appreciate that more people are reading and creating CRTs for Naruto/Boruto, you should really pay attention when you read stuff. You'd know that what defines SPSM aren't the clothes. The cloak adapts to whatever Naruto is using. You'd know that Naruto already used SPSM without the TSB against Sasuke, and you'd know why he can't use them anymore. If you read Boruto, you'd know that "Rikudo Mode" was mentioned by Kurama, and how Baryon Mode differs from it. Kurama wouldn't mention something that Naruto can't use anymore if that was the case.

What defines SPSM are Naruto's eyes. If we have the + without the orange color around his eyes, then it's SPSM.

These are points I had not noticed. However, the games, the movies, and Saikyō Jump designating this form as Kurama Mode is pretty substantial evidence against this form being Six Paths Sage Mode.

As for the mentioning of Six Paths Sage Mode in #52, those two forms are the forms that he is familiar with; of course, this could also very well mean that he still has access to Six Paths Sage Mode.

Another point I would like to bring up is the fact that Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto in the War Arc is never shown to use the Tailed Beasts Chakra Mode, even in situations where they would be incredibly beneficial, such as in the fight with Madara. In Boruto though, he uses them in combat whenever he wants to.

These are points I had not noticed. However, the games, the movies, and Saikyō Jump designating this form as Kurama Mode is pretty substantial evidence against this form being Six Paths Sage Mode.

As for the mentioning of Six Paths Sage Mode in #52, those two forms are the forms that he is familiar with; of course, this could also very well mean that he still has access to Six Paths Sage Mode.

Another point I would like to bring up is the fact that Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto in the War Arc is never shown to use the Tailed Beasts Chakra Mode, even in situations where they would be incredibly beneficial, such as in the fight with Madara. In Boruto though, he uses them in combat whenever he wants to.
He used it againts Sasuke tho even tho it’s just on anime

And yes like all the other said the thing that make normal sage mode and six path different is orange pigment around his eyes

But it doesn't matter. We pretty much know that Naruto uses SPSM when he fights, because we see that his eyes has no orange pigment. Games and movies contradicts the canon; where it's a fact that Naruto uses that mode more often than not. We don't take any informations from this kind of midia when we already have the manga showing that Naruto can use that.
He has access and he uses it.
This is no argument. Starting with the fact that you're wrong, since Naruto used it against Sasuke. Second, not using something doesn't mean you can't use it. "SPSM Naruto can't/don't use the Avatar/Tailed Beast Mode, so when he uses it, it's not SPSM.", what the **** is even this logic?

SPSM has always been a weird thing for me. At first it was just something he had in base and he added the bijuu cloak on top of it. Then he seemingly lost the base form of the mode and could only enter it with the bijuu cloak on during his fight with Sasuke. And then his cloak completely changed in the new era. This one is most likely because he's only using Kurama chakra for the cloak as opposed to every tailed beast's chakra during the war. But the problem of the base spsm still persists. And to top it off he doesn't really use the abilities that signify that form. Something like the lava rasenshuriken is due to his bijuu connection so that's fine, but he doesn't seem to fly anymore. He hasn't used that healing ability (at least not to my knowledge) and his sensing seems to be worse. There's even scenes where he specifically enters regular sage mode to sense things out despite spsm sensing being better.

With all that I guess it's understandable that people are confused about whether he is using the same ability or not. The chakra cloak is definitely different from the war, but as for spsm, time will give us that answer. The next time we see Naruto fight, he'll have to use it if he still has it. But for now I think it's safest to just call what he's been using Spsm with kurama cloak.

The next time we see Naruto fight, he'll have to use it if he still has it. But for now I think it's safest to just call what he's been using Spsm with kurama cloak.
Having the chakra of all the Biju is necessary to use it iirc, but he lost Kurama, so he probably can't do it.

Having the chakra of all the Biju is necessary to use it iirc, but he lost Kurama, so he probably can't do it.
Oof. Guess that one will remain a mystery then (unless there is secretly some of Kurama's chakra left somewhere).

Btw guys, what the Different of Sic Path Sage Mode and Six Path Senjutsu? My friend said it Different, but Senjutsu its mean Sage mode from different language.

Btw guys, what the Different of Sic Path Sage Mode and Six Path Senjutsu? My friend said it Different, but Senjutsu its mean Sage mode from different language.
It’s the same what different is how they achieve it Madara and Obito achieve it via Six Paths Ten-Tails Coffin Seal while And becomes ten tail Jinchuriki while Naruto achieving it by Hagoromo and chakra from all of the bijju

images

It’s the same what different is how they achieve it Madara and Obito achieve it via Six Paths Ten-Tails Coffin Seal while And becomes ten tail Jinchuriki while Naruto achieving it by Hagoromo and chakra from all of the bijju
My Friend said This is Six Path sage mode, and This is six path Senjutsu, this true or nah?

Last edited:
The One from the Original Series is Six Paths Sage Mode+ all the 9 Bijuu
The One from Boruto is Six Paths Sage Mode+ 100% Kurama.
though considering Naruto can still use Lava Rasenshuriken it's very likely he can still interact with the other 8 Bijuu.

Also, the Encylopedia thing is just referring to Naruto using Kurama's chakra which is true but it doesn't contradict the existence of six paths mode. because you can have both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back