• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sir Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) Upgrades/Additions

Tonygameman

He/Him
Almost all of Arthur's new abilities comes from Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection (details are found in a linked website). It even has a skill tree, though I'll update this when a game comes out this month (25th day) on Nintendo Switch.
  • Magic and Statistics Amplification (Expanded) - Arthur can now perform magic skills without an armor, though they make them much stronger. He can also triple the power of his first attack after being stripped down to his boxers via Boxer Boxers skill and also increase his movement speed for a short period of time via Quickening.
  • Hammerspace (Expanded) - Arthur can increase his inventory space to carry more weapons to switch them on the fly via Kitted Out skill.
  • Weather Manipulation - Same like in Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Arthur can unleash a hailstorm of lightning bolts, but shoots them in four directions instead of three via Thunderstorm. This comes from a fact that the first bolt came from the sky above him.
  • Fire Manipulation (Expanded) - Can summon two moving walls of flame on both sides of him via Firewall. When upgraded, they will grow up. He even has a new Holy Water weapon, which spreads out holy flames.
  • Earth Manipulation - Can temporarily turn himself into a boulder via Emboulden, allowing him to roll around in order to crush enemies.
  • Shockwave Manipulation - Can summon shockwaves to send enemies flying (when using Golden Armor) and even shoot them through the air via Hammer.
  • Transmutation - Can turn all enemies on-screen into defenseless frogs via Transmogrifrog. When upgraded, Arthur can affect stronger enemies.
  • Duplication - Can temporarily reproduce a mirror image of himself to join him in attacking via Doppelganger. When upgraded, Arthur is capable of increasing the number of copies.
  • Thread Manipulation - Can cast a giant magic net which catches all Umbral Bees and Money Bees on the screen via Umbral Net.
  • Petrification - Arthur can turn enemies into stone statues by summoning Medusa on the screen via same-named magic skill. When upgraded, lasts longer and affects stronger enemies.
  • Resurrection (Expanded) - Can grant himself a chance of being revived after falling in battle via Resurrection skill.
  • Cloth Manipulation - Can restore his armor and turn it into a stronger, golden armor via Armormend.
  • Durability Negation - Can shoot a holy projectile, which eradicates the Red Arremers via Dead Arremer skill.
  • Danmaku - More justified right now, as upgrading Thunderstorm will summon more lightning bolts.
There's also new companions who are Arthur's ancestral guardian spirits called the Three Wise Guys, who may have their own tab in powers and abilities.
  • Energy Projection - They can shoot energy projectiles to attack enemies and fight alongside Arthur.
  • Forcefield Creation - Barry can summon a magic barrier around Arthur, allowing him to damage any enemies who touch it.
  • Flight - Kerry can pick up Arthur and carry him around the screen. He can also pick up items and bring them to him.
  • Platform Creation - Archie can create a magic platform for Arthur to traverse. It also deals damage to any enemies that touch it.
More clarification on lifting strength, as he can throw a spiked ball which bowls over enemies.

For durability, his armor can now take more hits to break up (as one in this video will destroy half of it) before leaving him in boxers (four hits in total on lowest difficulty).

Last edited:
Seems all good and straightforward but Attack Reflection, because it seems that enemy projectiles are just destroyed rather than reflected.

For the rest, I agree and I will also keep an eye on the game, which I didn't know was coming out.

I had no idea this existed, huh. Anyway, this makes sense to me.

I'd wait for the game to come out before publishing it, but these look good so far.

So, the game has now released and after having played some first levels, I can say that it's a good time to continue this thread by adding new, latter four abilities (with a video here going through those for evidence) besides companions.

Last edited:
I agree again with everything, I just would not consider the Dead Arremer skill as effective on all demonic beings, as it works only with the Red Arremers, which aren0t the only demons on G&G, meaning that it's specifically designed only for them.

I agree again with everything, I just would not consider the Dead Arremer skill as effective on all demonic beings, as it works only with the Red Arremers, which aren0t the only demons on G&G, meaning that it's specifically designed only for them.
Indeed. That skill is exclusive to "Page" difficulty (lowest one), considering how those are usually quite hard to deal with.

I think everything can be added, the game is out and enough people agree with this revision.

Actually, I would like to ask, is the High 6-A AP legitimate? I'm not sure if setting the entirety of the demon world on fire would scale to AP and other stats since it's done with, well, fire, and I can't find Phalanx' AP calc

Actually, Firebrand's feat was done when he released ALL of his power, which casts a bit more suspicion on it

Funnily enough, I recently started playing Demon's Crest and I'm having a lot of fun.

I can't speak for Firebrand's power yet, since his ap description isn't that clear, I guess I'll see it once I finish the game.

Back