• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Simple Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottycj256

He/Him
In the profiles for Spider Man Shattered Dimensions, it says that Ultimate Spider Man has Speed of Light combat speed and reactions due to keeping up with Electro who can move at the speed of light, with evidence linked to it. However, playing through the game myself and watching said video, instead of him stating "I'm moving at the speed of light" he says "I'm moving at the speed of lightning."

I suggest downgrading Ultimate Spider-Man's combat speed and reactions to Massively Hypersonic+, and downgrading Spider-Man 2099 to just Speed of Light.

the video has background noise around the time he actually says the line. I actually played the game and he said "speed of lightning".

there aren't any subtitles for actual gameplay dialogue, but i can probably find another vid that doesnt obscure the line

Alright, so I was bored and checked every walkthrough of that mission on YouTube
(hard to make out)
(same as above)
(somewhat clear)
(the most clear one)
(another clear one)

Ignoring the whole debate about whether or not he said light or lightning, Spidey still wouldn't be SoL in the first place because scaling someone to such a massive speed feat over a random voiceline from a character boasting and overestimating how fast they really are is a massive outlier and plain dumb.

Ignoring the whole debate about whether or not he said light or lightning, Spidey still wouldn't be SoL in the first place because scaling someone to such a massive speed feat over a random voiceline from a character boasting and overestimating how fast they really are is a massive outlier and plain dumb.
You would need evidence that its an outlier, especially since there's another light speed statement in the verse here. What anti feats does this spidey have?

did you even watch the videos? multiple of them clearly say lightning instead of light 🗿
It does say "light"

You would need evidence that its an outlier, especially since there's another light speed statement in the verse here. What anti feats does this spidey have?
The fact that he's faster than the Spiderman who is SoL for... a statement by a villain who is clearly boasting about how fast he is.
with FTL combat speed and reactions (Emphasized as being the fastest[2] among the the four Spider-Men, making him significantly swifter than Ultimate Spider-Man)

Does 2099 Spidey ever fight someone who can dodge or keep up with him when he is using his charge attack? If so, then you could make an argument for SoL/FTL Ultimate Spider-Man.

The fact that he's faster than the Spiderman who is SoL for... a statement by a villain who is clearly boasting about how fast he is.

Does 2099 Spidey ever fight someone who can dodge or keep up with him when he is using his charge attack? If so, then you could make an argument for SoL/FTL Ultimate Spider-Man.
How does "boasting" make it untrue? You need evidence that he is exaggerating

I doubt Electro is boasting here. Obviously he's not humble, but Max isn't the type to use flowery language

As for this downgrade, I keep hearing light with an emphasis on the "t". I've played this game many times before and have always heard "light". I've listened to the clear sounding videos and the harder to make out ones and it always sounds like light, the "t" at the end makes that clear to me

On a side note, glad to know another wiki user here has played the game

You must've grew up with hearing problems, because Electro is very clearly saying "light". In only two of those videos could you even possibly make out the word "lightning"; but, that would be because of the flickering and stuttering of electricity in the background.

Ah, ya got me. He says "lightning", just really quietly. Although, this only seems to apply to his speed while travelling as energy, which, yes, Peter cannot keep up with.
Yeah, I hear it now

So this would pretty much just mean the following

Ultimate:
Speed: Subsonic+ travel speed (Maneuvered onto platforms before tidal waves could hit him, which can move between 500 and 600 miles per hour), with Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed and reactions (Kept up with and dodged attacks from Electro, who could move at the speed of lightning)

2099:
Speed of Light travel speed, combat speed, and reactions (Moves at lightspeed while performing his Charge Attack, an attack that involves Miguel moving from target to target. Emphasized as being the fastest[2] among the the four Spider-Men), FTL with Accelerated Vision

That said, there are enemies in the Electro level who do use fairly legit lasers and from what I can remember, you can dodge them from before they hit a surface....but I'll be real, finding a YT video of somebody specifically doing that, or trying to do it myself and get footage here would be a pain, so there's not much I can do ATM in terms of finding a light related feat to get calc'd for Ultimate

Last edited:
Yeah, I hear it now

So this would pretty much just mean the following

Ultimate:
Speed: Subsonic+ travel speed (Maneuvered onto platforms before tidal waves could hit him, which can move between 500 and 600 miles per hour), with Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed and reactions (Kept up with and dodged attacks from Electro, who could move at the speed of lightning)

2099:
Speed of Light travel speed, combat speed, and reactions (Moves at lightspeed while performing his Charge Attack, an attack that involves Miguel moving from target to target. Emphasized as being the fastest[2] among the the four Spider-Men), FTL with Accelerated Vision

That said, there are enemies in the Electro level who do use fairly legit lasers and from what I can remember, you can dodge them from before they hit a surface....but I'll be real, finding a YT video of somebody specifically doing that, or trying to do it myself and get footage here would be a pain, so there's not much I can do ATM in terms of finding a light related feat to get calc'd
you could just shorten 2099's thing to:

Speed of Light (Moves at lightspeed while performing his Charge Attack, an attack that involves Miguel moving from target to target. Emphasized as being the fastest[2] among the the four Spider-Men), FTL with Accelerated Vision

@XXKINGXX69
The others scaling doesn't make sense though. Each Spider-Man is emphasized as having a trait they excel at among the others. 2099's is speed, so trying to say the others scale to that is a big contradiction

Amazing Spider-Man could downscale from 2099, but definitely not directly scale

also remove the existing YT link for "speed of lightning" and replace it with the imgur video link
No, add both so people know which part of the game its from

Ah, ya got me. He says "lightning", just really quietly. Although, this only seems to apply to his speed while travelling as energy, which, yes, Peter cannot keep up with.
How did you add it to imgur? Did you use streamable?

Wait yall been hearing light this whole time. This is “green needle” vs “brain storm” all over again.

Wait yall been hearing light this whole time. This is “green needle” vs “brain storm” all over again.
There’s like 70 variants of this and we managed to solve it in under the span of a few hours, so the crisis is averted lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back