• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Sigh) Death Manipulation Mechanics

DMB 1 said:
Standard Death manipulation is literally: "BAM, you are not alive anymore, ad your physical body just becomes an empty shell". Even High Regen wouldn't save you from that.
If you regenerate from something that isn't even alive yo begin with, it can't kill you

You can't go BAM YOU ARE DEAD on an inanimate object

TriforcePower1 said:
I actually agree with Dragon here. If you're dead haxed without the body getting affected, regen doesn't kick in then, as regen is literally "fixing the body", but if the body doesn't have anything wrong (except that it's dead), you simply won't regen. Godly is an exception as it's basically resurrection and it's independent from the body.
Atoms aren't actually affected by the body and vice verse though.

Actually no. I completely disagree.

Your life force isn't tied to your atoms. or else my Calcium would be considered alive, no? Death Manip. or Inducement is simply turning off the "Alive" status, killing us. It's not a physical thing to regenerate from.

Death also implies "You go to afterlife" and such, meaning that even IF your body regenerates life force and can come back, your actual soul is still gone to the otherworld. It'd be a husk with no user since the user is dead; gone; in another place.

ALSO, abilities that simply go "You drop dead" shouldn't be constrained by PHYSICAL Regenerationn, because the very nature of "Death" has NOTHING to do with it. and EVEN THEN, if you can regenerate from atoms, it wouldn't matter no? If the Death Hax causes total death, as in "You dead" type of death, then your High Regen shouldn't matter since the "Life" that allows said atom to regenerate (If you can regenerate from atoms, it means your soul is tethered to said atoms and as such they do have life force btw) is gone. As there is no problem with the actual body itself, it cannot regenerate since there's no actual damage done.

Tl;dr - With Death Hax, your body isn't actually damaged. If it's "Bam, you're dead" with nothing done then no type of physical regen is healing it since nothing is wrong with the body itself. No damage to repair, no regen to use.

If death manipulation kills all your living cells and you have Regenerationn that can recover from that then death manipulation won't kill you.

>The very nature of death has nothing to do with Regenerationn

That's not how it works. The body dies if it's damaged. Not due to other factors.

Death and life are concepts that do not apply to atoms, otherwise DM can affects anything; non-causuality DM just take the life from its target, so anyone with regen below Low-Godly would die (unless that target isn't alive to beging with).

I also agree with Akreious.

This heavily depends on the mechanics of the attack.

If it is a very scientific verse, without souls or afterlives, where the "Death Power" is really just the character stopping another's brain from working, then maybe I could see Regenerationn playing a factor into it.

But you have to consider in that case that having your brain deactivated has much the same effect on most regenerative characters as being decapitated. Without their brain they wouldn't be able to activate their Regenerationn, even if unconscious.

However, if the Death Hax is "I destroy your soul / send you to hell", then no, Regenerationn ain't saving it.

This thread specifically covers Death Hax that has no stated way of killing someone

Ainz Ooal Gow and other Soul Killing characters are completely unaffected

Guys, this thread is about people who point at others and kill them. No explanation, no mechanics, nothing except "the other guy died when I pointed at him".

If there is a known mechanic it's a completely different story

Welp, if the profile do not elavorate in how it works then it will remain that way until the knowledgeable member explain further. If it used in a vsthread then someone will ask and then revision and go on.

Perhaps, we should explain further of how DM works in its page, like if is via causuality, life taking or meta death inducement.

PsychoWarper said:
Wouldnt voldemorts be Avada Kedavra?
But how dose THAT work? From my understanding from reading the books you just kinda drop dead and the explanation really just is magic. (I suppose I mean the dark lord is a better example then the previous one if Zeref's is explained)

Anshkerhm
Anshkerme
Ankhseram is the god of life and death. He made it so that anyone Zeref cared about would die. This is where Zeref's death inducement comes from. We know there's an afterlife in FT because souls exists. Zeref even talks about heaven at one point. Zeref's magic sends people to the afterlife because it comes from the god that has that domain.

Gargoyle One said:
9TailAcno said:
depends on type of death manipulation, if a attack can take away your life force instantly then you are dead af
Imma have to ask if you actually read the first few posts of this thread.
Nope

Also

TLDR: If said regen does not Require Living Tissue or Cells to regen and the Body can survive without them, Death Manipulation that doesn't go beyond Death of The Body should not bypass Mid-High and especially not High levels of Regen.

Inst that mean s low godly Regenerationn^

9Tail@ no regenerating from an atom, puddle, or gas state would leave you with no living tissue is what was said in the first few replys.

Don't post something that's already been discussed that details the topic.

No, we're talking about how Death effects regen

Basically thread

If a person has a death spell that is completely unexplained, how potent is it?

Zeref and Ainz are fine, but what about say, Darth Nihilus

As long as it's not explained to just stopping the heart or creating a biological malfunction that causes instant body death. Death Manipulation should be considered sending the victim to the afterlife as that is usually what is intended by the author and makes more sense logically.

Afterlife is literally never stated to even exist in tons of fictions so that simply doesn't make sense

I thought there was an afterlife in Star Wars. Anyways obviously the verses without afterlifes would not get that type of death manip, but I don't know what we would classify it as if it's never explained.

There is, issue is we don't automatically tell it can affect souls from that.

If a verse doesn't have an afterlife and even if it does souls aren't shown to be affected, then it shouldn't work that way IMO

It depends on what we, and the author think death actually is.

Some think of the after life, others believe that death is when a working mechanism can no longer function properly.

It doesn't have to be the afterlife. It could simply be "Poof. Your mind is gone" or the like. It would be a powerful form of mind hax, although done differently. Point is, Death Manipulation at it's most basic is not constrained by physical limitations and as such, is not and should not be affected by physical Regenerationn. There would be no damage to regenerate from since to me, it would be like flipping the switch. from Alive to Dead. Not damage to the vessel.

Sort of like when you shut off a machine. It's not physically damaged, but it's rendered completely immobile and cannot do anything since there's no electricity. Except replace the electricity with Life Force or whatever and there you go.

Except that you are assuming a mechanic never stated for "this guy just died".

People don't die because you simply "turn them off". They die because their body is damaged and can't maintain vital functions.

Dying of old age works the same way. Your body accumulated a ton of damage over time, so it simply stops working.

Even then life force is meaningless for anyone who can survive damage that would cause their organs to stop working, unless the verse treats it as something akin to a soul, in which case it's soul hax anyway.

Take a person whit a heart that isn't beating, a brain that isn't working, and who isn't breathing. This is, for all intent and purposes, a corpse. Mid regen can save you from all this stuff.

Back