• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Weiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Weekly his precognition is passive. Which is going to let him know to use Monado purge to avoid it.

Except Monado Purge doesnt have the range to reach Weiss given theyre starting several hundred meters apart

@Weekly Why is range a problem here when Shulk can just catch up to her in a short timeframe?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Glass In the time it takes for him to get there Weiss can get off several attacks
Its apparently not passive if he needs to swing the Monado to use it
Did we not go over the fact that any attack that Weiss tries to fire off will be seen by Shulk through his Vision and be blocked and/or avoided?

@Glass Because Weiss' speed amp > Shulk's speed amp so he will not be catching up to her any time soon

@Starter If shulk tries to block any of her attacks he gets frozen solid, and he's not avoiding a homing attack

@Weekly yes he will. Precognition guarantees it. First, show proof that she can freeze something that's a literal forcefield. Cause there's nothing that shows she can freeze a literal forcefield, or the fact that she has no counter to Monado Purge, which basically renders any of her abilities moot

@Weekly I think you're confused. Shulk's Monado Arts are not Aura. It doesn't function like Aura, so it isn't applicable to the same rules as RWBY Aura.

@Glass Aura is a literal forcefield and ice dust has frozen it multiple times

Shulk doesnt have the range to hit her with Monado Purge and cant use Monado Purge if he's frozen

@Jester Ice dust Roman's aura coated weapon in volume 2 and illia's aura coated weapon in volume 5, and ice dust froze an aura using opponent multiple times in the Vytal Festival

WeeklyBattles said:
Roman's aura coated weapon in volume 2
If it's the moment I'm thinking of (the fight with blake.) That really isn't a fair comparison. Since the cane was caught in the clone's ice more then it was frozen.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jester Ice dust Roman's aura coated weapon in volume 2 and illia's aura coated weapon in volume 5, and ice dust froze an aura using opponent multiple times in the Vytal Festival
...Okay? So, even if it does freeze Shulk's Shield, it would only freeze the Shield, not Shulk, since it isn't coating him, but surrounds him. Then he switches Arts, the frozen Shield goes away, and he continues on. Is that what I'm hearing?

I don't really understand how one can argue for a character who fights a guy with comparable speed amp, can see his opponents' every next move and can stun you & null your abilities.

With that being said, Shulk FRA.

@Reb His speed amp isnt comparable, Weiss' is superior. Seeing a homing attack wont help you dodge it and if he blocks it he gets frozen. He cant null her abilities unless he gets in range whereas Weiss will have hundreds of meters to range spam him before he gets a chance to even attack her.

>x3 amp vs amp that prevents blitzing

>not comparable

Yes, Precognition will help you to dodge homing attacks.

Also, Weiss ain't amping herself right away, she's not bloodlusted here. She'll go through her abilties list normally, while Shulk will be acting accordingly due to his Precognition, and if he sees shit hitting the fan, he goes Monado Purge GG.

Actually, Shulk has experience dodging spammable homing attacks; also, you don't know that Weiss speed amp is higher. Shulk's could be like 10x for all we know. Also, Monado Shield countered blizzards with greater range than Weiss's ice manipulation.

Yes its not comparable

No, precognition will not help you dodge homing attacks as they are, by definition, not something that can be dodged.

He needs to cross several hundred meters before he can even think of trying to use Monado Purge whereas Weiss will be spamming ranged stuff like she does in character

@Dark Homing attacks are not something that can be dodged so that in and of itself is an issue

Then do the math and then come back because as it stands shulk only amps by an unknown amount

Greater range =/= more potent

>Yes its not comparable

Whatever flies your boat, I guess.

>No, precognition will not help you dodge homing attacks as they are, by definition, not something that can be dodged.

Not always true. And it's definitely not here, since DDM already covered this.

>He needs to cross several hundred meters before he can even think of trying to use Monado Purge whereas Weiss will be spamming ranged stuff like she does in character

Which he will dodge with precognition & his experience with this kind of stuff.

"Homing Attacks are moves that seek onto its target, reducing the chance of missing, even if the opponent makes sharp turns and the like."

It says nothing of the kind.

That's NLF though, and homing attacks can be avoided if you're compatible or faster than them. Or use the environment to your advantage. Or just use a heating attack to counter it.

Yeah you can outspeed it or block it but just trying to dodge a homing attack isnt physically possible

Why would heating it do anything? Its an energy attack.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Starter Dropping the shield wouldnt magically make the ice go away, it'd still be there
Then he uses Cyclone or something along those lines to break through the ice and continue on. Actually, now that I think about it, the combination of Shield, Speed and eventually Purge, with the assistance of his Visions, would inevitably get him close enough to effectively fight Weiss.

You know what, I'm convinced. Shulk should be able to take this for this reason and the reasons of the others above me.

So I guess this is concluded? If so, I suppose I could close this?

I guess so, I think since Weekly disagreed we need to wait for a grace period before adding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back