• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Weiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realizes Glass actually went through and made the match we talked about in chat.

After this match, I'mma make one of the other matches we talked about. As for debating, I'll try to gather my thoughts on this, but I'll mostly stand by and see what everyone else says. owo

WeeklyBattles said:
@Glass So it amps him by an unknown amount vs Weiss who definitively gets a 3x amp
Well, I mean, this video is a perfect example of how the Speed Monado Art works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wm-EN5JWk4

But, suffice it to say, I would think that it at least doubles someone's speed and reaction time. Add that to his extremely efficient precognition, and it should make up for the 3X speed boost Weiss can get.

As discussed above, Weiss has multiple ways to freeze Shulk so he cant dodge or precog his way out of her attacks

@Weekly yes he can. He knows immediately what she's going to do with his visions, and can just monado purge if it's something he cannot block or dodge.

Scans of Weiss being able to do that against someone who can see visions of the future on what will happen before said event even occurs?

No my dude, burden of proof is on you to prove Shulk can use the ability while not being able to move

I don't need to when Shulk already can see that Weiss is going to do that before she even does it with his precognition. He monado purges before she even gets the chance.

But Shulk's Visions can predict everything that Weiss is gonna do, and he can react to it. Let me show you some examples.

Ice Crystals: Weiss has shown the capability to create a wall of ice crystals on the ground which she uses to trap an opponent, large areas of pointed ice spikes in her general vicinity, and smaller ice crystals as projectiles.

• Shulk can see this coming, and can then use Speed to escape the wall of ice crystals that Weiss tries to trap him with, or use either Shield or Speed to work around the ice crystal barrage.
Frostbite: Weiss leaps into the air and plunges Myrtenaster down in a punishing blow, damaging the surrounding enemies and freezing them solid.

• Shulk can see this coming and can then get away in time to avoid being frozen solid, especially with the help of Speed.
Nova: Weiss releases a burst of ice Dust-infused energy in the area around her, freezing enemies on contact and healing allies in range.

• Shulk can see this coming, and while this is Weiss' best shot at freezing him, he can use Purge beforehand to fire at Weiss, to either blast away the Nova before it hits him, or even attack Weiss directly.
Barrage: Weiss can create a storm of ice crystals that can home in on enemies, as well as up to 9 beams of energy or a single, powerful blast which damages and freezes all enemies it touches.

• Shulk can see this coming, and use Shield for the homing attacks, and then Speed for the energy blasts.
So...yeah. How is Weiss supposed to freeze Shulk in a way that he can't react and avoid or block the hit first due to his precog?

@Starter Half of what you just described wont be possible due to Weiss' speed amp being superior to Shulk's

If he tries to block any of her attacks he'll be frozen solid

And not to mention that one of the ether gems that he has passively deals damage to whoever hits him should he ever get hit in the first place via Spike damage.

@Weekly ok, then her speed amp gets nulled right away due to shulk seeing it coming and Shulk proceeds to wombo combo her to oblivion.

How exactly is he going to wombo combo someone faster than himself who can freeze him if she touches him of if he gets near her?

@Weekly simple, he already knows what she's going to do and prevent that from happening.

@Glass Okay? By doing what exactly? If he gets near her he gets frozen, if he tries to blade clash there's a good chance he gets frozen, if he tries to stay away he gets homing attacked or range frozen. Hell if he plays keep away she can just catch him in a gravity field or restraint glyphs and prevent him from moving.

He swings his sword from a distance and it affects her rather easily. He doesn't need to get anywhere near her for Monado Purge to happen.

@Weekly, look at the comment and the link I shown above. He swings the Monado, and it's an omnidirectional wave that nulls Weiss's abilities.

How the heck are homing attacks supposed to freeze Shulk through Shield? It generates a forcefield all around Shulk that blocks projectiles like that out.

Especially shields that are higher in defense compared to her ice attacks.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Weekly, look at the comment and the link I shown above. He swings the Monado, and it's an omnidirectional wave that nulls Weiss's abilities.
He cant swing the monado if he's frozen solid and cant move

@Weekly Weiss can't freeze shulk when he already sees what she can do before hand and power nulls her right off the bat.

@Tony Ice dust froze an aura using opponent in the Vytal Festival and in volume 5 ice dust froze an aura-coated weapon

Theglassman12 said:
Several dozens of meters.
...Versus the range of hundreds of meters Weiss has with her ranged attacks and the range at which theyre starting apart from each other

The Monado is definitely different than Aura seen in RWBY, plus freezing does take time to form whereas Purge is instantaneous. Also, Shulk's shield protects him from elemental attacks such as Ice and freezing. He also has resistance to Ice, I should add.

@Dark Weiss' freezing doesnt take time, its instant, i can pull up clips of it if you want

His resistance to ice doesnt grant him a resistance to being frozen solid, this was established earlier in this thread

@Weekly the range apart doesn't mean jack shit when Shulk can speed up to her area and purges right there and then.

Oh wow, her using ice apparently is faster than something that is passive? I'd like to see proof of that.

I could believe taking an extremely small fraction of a second, but instantaneous is stretching it; Purge on the other hand is actually instantaneous. 0 time is still faster than let's say 0.000000001 seconds.

@Glass In the time it takes for him to get there Weiss can get off several attacks

Its apparently not passive if he needs to swing the Monado to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back