• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't Machop have Class 10 Lifting Strength, not Class 5?

Machop's Pokemon Moon Pokedex Entry: "With its superhuman strength, it's able to throw a hundred people all at the same time. Its strength comes from lifting Graveler every day."

On its profile, though, the Lifting Strength is: Class 5 (Capable of learning the move Strength, can lift Gravelers, which weight over 200 kg, like they are barbells, can throw 100 adults with ease, and can carry a sumo wrestler on its shoulders)

Class 5 ranges from 1,000 to 5,000 kilograms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_body_weight The only country where the average weight is below 50 kg is Bangladesh, with 49.591 kilograms. At the highest, there's Micronesia, where the average is 87.398 kilograms.

100 * 49.591 = 4,959.1. 100 * 87.398 = 8,739.8. Even with the VERY LOWEST, the effective Lifting Strength is probably well above 5,000 kg, since all 100 such humans are being thrown at once.

And at the highest, a yield of nearly 9,000 kg (Before taking into account it's a throw & not just a lift.) is WELL into Class 10, which ranges from 5,000 to 10,000 kilograms.

So why isn't Machop Class 10?

Admittedly, it would suppose Pokemon World adult humans are of similar weights. Also, hoperfully this won't mess up the scaling. (Doubt it will, though, since scaling other 1st stage Pokemon to Machop's LS doesn't seem accurate, given how exceptional it is in LS.)

@NeoZex6399: Even if you meant Machop, I'm pretty sure Brock's Happiny is noted as extraordinarily strong for its species. We do use the strongest versions of the character, but I think Brock's is an outlier; I doubt the 2nd strongest Happiny is anywhere close.

But that's argument from incredulity, so I dunno, lol.

All first stage Pokemon and above are getting Class 25 lifting strength anyway.

Scaling above Mantyke, a baby Pokemon with no exceptional strength or, well, ability to learn Strength. And Mantyke has a Class 25 feat.

Back