• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we make a rule for false reporting?

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
I mean, in real life, we have rules against false accusations, so I think it is time

Since I have seen many people go and try to report others over stuff that is either incredibly minor or just to intimidate them, so I think we have to come up with a rule against it, maybe a rule that will punish the people who keep doing that so they stop doing it. It may seem harsh, but this is getting more and more dumb

This is my version: "Users who keep abusing the Rule Violation Reports threads just to scare users or report them for stuff that is irrelevant or out of context will be warned about that if they do it again, there will be banned. If the misbehaving user keeps doing it, they will be banned for an entire month, if they do it again they will be permanently banned"

It is too harsh, or it works?

We already have it, though? If someone maliciously makes a blatantly false accusation, like (X called me a F-word in chat), we block them outright. If someone tries to get someone else banned for something incredibly trivial we warn them.

As far as outright warning people for having thin skin - I think that's very out of line. If someone gets easily offended I think we just give both parties a heads-up, and that's really all we should do.

Isn't this already a rule? That other guy got banned for trying to ban unholy.

Didn't see it in the rules, this should be a 100% official one, so people know when or how to act and not go "(Insert name) called me X" in the RVT or stop people going out of their way to get someone booted.

Any way to word it better?

Ok, maybe put some kind of punishment on the "OP"

Like, if an user keeps doing it over and over, will be banned. So they think twice? I don't know if you can see my point

I agree with Kepekley and Kaltias.

Adding "and will lead to a warning or a ban" should probably be enough.

Well, we mention it at the top of the rule violation threads.

Thanks, I saw then I guess this will be enough:

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable and will lead to a warning or a ban.

This is also just like a common sense thing. I don't think you specifically need a rule to say that things have to be against the rules to be against the rules.

Back