• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Namor Have a 4-B upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking it over, I think that it's safe to say that Namor is, at his best, 4-B. I will say the the Hero Envy Blog gives a lot of instances from over the decades and does give him a lot creditability. In light of that, that would make the times he struggled with lower ranked opponents, not evidence against him being 4-B but outliers for his opponents, IMO.

We also have to remember that Namor's power level would inconsistent even in-universe, due to him weakening due to dehydrating.

I can honestly say that I'd support Namor being up to 4-B with him holding a 'At least 5-A, up to 4-B', which would acknowledge his naturally inconsistent power level.

My two cents.

@Promestein & PrinceOfTheMorning

What do you think about this?

I'm personally fine with what C2 said. Namor has so many instances of scaling that it'd be a little weird to ignore them all. The dual tier is kind of a patchwork solution but it at least addresses the fact that Namor is generally not supposed to seem like a true S-tier.

Okay. I suppose that could work then.

Honestly I'm not really for the upgrade. Namor's consistent showings and placements is at the Thing's level rather than Hulk or Thor. I guess a "possibly" or "up to" rating can be used, but we don't really shouldn't do that with every mid-tier that fights a Tier 4 character.

Qawsedf has a point about Marvel's extreme inconsistency. However, this seems to have happened frequently enough to likely warrant an "At least ..., possibly ..." rating.

Qawsedf234 said:
Honestly I'm not really for the upgrade. Namor's consistent showings and placements is at the Thing's level rather than Hulk or Thor. I guess a "possibly" or "up to" rating can be used, but we don't really shouldn't do that with every mid-tier that fights a Tier 4 character.
He has better showings against hulk and thor then the thing actually.

Antvasima said:
Qawsedf has a point about Marvel's extreme inconsistency. However, this seems to have happened frequently enough to likely warrant an "At least ..., possibly ..." rating.
So, is it fine for the 4-B rating? As you suggested?

I suppose so, although it would be best to ask Promestein about it first.

He usually one shots the thing, he's going blow for blow with the hulk just about every fight they have and he's stalemated hercules twice and even beaten him before. He's fought on equal footing with thor three times he should at least get "up to" for consistently fighting and beating 4-bs. The thing matching namor or beating him is arguably outlier.

I am fine with an "At least ..., possibly ..." tier, but somebody should still ask Promestein to comment here first.

It is probably better if somebody else goes to her message wall to handle it. I am very busy.

Maybe not. Thing is beggining to be a heavy hitter again.

But usually namor isn't trying to kill the thing or injure him too bad for Susan storm's sake.

Well, if Promestein is not interested in this thread anymore, I think that the page can be upgraded.

Is somebody experienced willing to perform the edits?

Antvasima said:
Is somebody experienced willing to perform the edits?
I'm willing to do them. Still we need some justifications. How about:

At least 5-A, possibly 4-B (Should be comparable to the Thing and has competed with Green Hulk multiple times).

Edit: Won't be able to do it for a few hours at least. Need to get some sleep.

I suppose that should work, but I would prefer a bit more justification text than that.

Okay. I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

I do not think so. MHS+ characters can regularly keep up with him, and he has no space flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back