• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should MineCraft Steve get a new key?

ArachDusa

She/Her
As the title said - I believe Steve should have a new key, and that key is for Steve in Creative Mode. To be fair, his stats in Creative Mode aren't different from Survival and he can't get any items that give him a bigger boost than items he can obtain in Survival, so it should probably be better off as a powers and abilities tabber (One can make the argument that Creative Mode Steve is 5-C since he can destroy Bedrock, but since his damage against Mobs is the same I believe it's more likely to be hax). The tabber should look something like this:
All previous abilities but to a far greater extent, True Flight, Invulnerability (Cannot be harmed by anything in the game, with the exception of Void), Self-Susteneance (Types 1, 2 and 3), Creation (Can create nearly any item, block or weapon in the game), Duplication (Can duplicate any block), Summoning (With Spawn Eggs), possibly Animal Manipulation (Almost no hostile mob attacks him, even if he provokes them) and Existence Erasure (Can erase any block in his inventory. Can destroy any block in one hit)
I believe a key/tabber in Steve's profile is the best place to lay out all of his Creative Mode abilities, especially since there's also a key for the "real" player, but most of these can be listed as abilities that can be granted to players by the Command Block (via the Gamemode command). If anyone has any suggestions (such as Creative Mode-exclusive abilities I missed) or objections to my suggestion, you're welcome to discuss them. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
First off- why would breaking Bedrock be 5-C of all things? You can break it in 5 minutes with a Diamond Pickaxe as well, doesn’t sound very 5-C to me.
2nd, I’m not too sure about Creative Mode. Sounds more like a Game Mechanic than an actual ability Steve would have. It’s not acknowledged in any form of Lore, not even in Minecraft Story Mode (which actually uses the Command Block as the a piece of the main villain), and Game Commands certainly aren’t actual things you’re meant to do in-game.

There’s a difference.
For one, I am supportive of the Health Scaling because we have nothing else to go off. Due to such little lore, there’s no feats for statistics.
For Creative Mode and Commands, those aren’t addressed as Canon iirc, and would be like including Easter Eggs in someone’s Powers and Abilities section. They aren’t even spoken about by the Credits, which are the biggest Lore reveals in the game.

First off- why would breaking Bedrock be 5-C of all things? You can break it in 5 minutes with a Diamond Pickaxe as well, doesn’t sound very 5-C to me.
I think Bedrock is 5-C because of the same reason the Command Block is, also the last time I checked Bedrock was completely indestructible in survival.

A quick google search tells me 10 minutes, but I can’t confirm that. I can confirm that, although apparently not intended to be broken, it can indeed be broken. Im however getting varying results on how fast it takes though, ranging from 20 minutes to 153 days.
Why does Bedrock scale to the Command Block though? That’s weird. Although this may be clogging up/derailing the thread, so maybe best to say on a message wall or something.

A quick google search tells me 10 minutes, but I can’t confirm that. I can confirm that, although apparently not intended to be broken, it can indeed be broken. Im however getting varying results on how fast it takes though, ranging from 20 minutes to 153 days.
Why does Bedrock scale to the Command Block though? That’s weird. Although this may be clogging up/derailing the thread, so maybe best to say on a message wall or something.
I am pretty bedrock is indestructible. Also i think the reason that bedrock scales to command block is that both are completely indestructible in survival mode.

Hm. Google-Fu’s failing me apparently. My bad, then.
On a side note, I still don’t like the idea of making a ‘Creative Mode Steve’. It’s almost certainly non-Canon to Minecraft.

I don’t approve of Game Mechanics. I’m saying this is too much of a Game Mechanic. It’s practically allowing Debug Mode on characters.
I explained why I approved of the other one. It has some basis in the lore (Endermen, which are normally considered early/mid game enemies in-game, are specifically called out to be a threat to people fighting the End Dragon in late-game), in addition to a constant lack of lore in the game making scaling difficult. Therefore, for the sake of Scaling, I agreed with it, as the argument made sense to me.
However, Creative Mode has 0 basis in Canon, and specifically allows access to non-Canon items.

Creative Mode has 0 basis in Canon, and specifically allows access to non-Canon items.
Non-canon items? The only items I'm aware of that can only be obtained in Creative Mode and do not spawn naturally (e.g. Bedrock and End Portal frames) are Spawn Eggs, which do make appearances in MineCraft: Story Mode. What non-canon items are you referring to then?

"The Player" gets a key, but when you make a world, survival and creative are equally valid options for creating a world, I really don't see how survival being the default makes it "more canon" than creative mode. On the topic of scaling bedrock to command blocks, I'd say that's not accurate, since bedrock has a hardness of 18,000,000 and command blocks have a hardness of -1, or functionally infinite. The result in survival is the same for both: unbreakable, but in the game's code command blocks are literally infinitely harder than bedrock.

On the topic of scaling bedrock to command blocks, I'd say that's not accurate, since bedrock has a hardness of 18,000,000 and command blocks have a hardness of -1, or functionally infinite. The result in survival is the same for both: unbreakable, but in the game's code command blocks are literally infinitely harder than bedrock.
Which is why I said 5-C and not High 3-A. Command Blocks are 5-C because they can withstand explosions powerful enough to spread about 238,775,501.2 meters wide (The calculation was made in the old forum) which Bedrock blocks can withstand also. It's not because they scale to each other, it's because the same calc applies to both. I'm surprised that nobody actually went to check the Command Block's profile for its durability stat especially since I referred to it as being 5-C.

Which is why I said 5-C and not High 3-A. Command Blocks are 5-C because they can withstand explosions powerful enough to spread about 238,775,501.2 meters wide (The calculation was made in the old forum) which Bedrock blocks can withstand also. It's not because they scale to each other, it's because the same calc applies to both. I'm surprised that nobody actually went to check the Command Block's profile for its durability stat especially since I referred to it as being 5-C.
Does a command block actually break from a high enough explosion through the {Size:x} NBT tag?

It can survive a pretty large explosion, and 3-A comes from the implication that nothing short of a Command Block can blow it up.

It can survive a pretty large explosion, and 3-A comes from the implication that nothing short of a Command Block can blow it up.
Obviously it can survive a pretty large explosion, my question is if it can be blown up by ANY explosion. I looked back into the code, and it seems the answer in the latest update is NO. Both command blocks and bedrock have the unbreakable tag, which is why even given time you cannot break bedrock despite it not having infinite hardness. Therefore, no matter how big you make an explosion using NBT tags, neither will actually blow up. This is something that can actually be tested, and therefore should trump any theoretical math, so why the hell do we accept that ANY explosion can blow it up? Is it something from story mode?

Back