• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Jupiter/Zeus be 4-A?

You know i always liked reading about mythologies, but to look at these guys in a power level standpoint is insane. O.O

Well these are still a hella lot impressive, now we need Ant to see these and see if he agrees to these or not, which shouldn't be too hard i guess but who knows.

Going on the idea that these are legit, i wouldn't mind upgrading Zeus and Tyhpon even more with these here calcs/feats.

Well, personally I am extremely doubtful that we can impose our modern power level standards on ancient myths, especially as I have previously been informed that the stars were believed to be enormously closer and smaller than we consider them.

And when I read the link about the supposed multiverse it seemed like vague speculations from philosophers, not concrete proof that it adheres to the general religious figures of the time.

Given the problems to rate said myths in a modern context, it may be better to just delete the pages for Greek mythology.

Sooo....that's it? So this whole post just became pointless now since we may as well delete the Greek pages?

Not mad or anything, Ant. Just....wow man...

Well, given the uncertain and contradictory nature of myths, it turns extremely hard to assign accurate ratings to them, so this would render the pages extremely unreliable, and very hard to fit into our system.

Dude, we might as well delete the other mythology pages then. Or unless we're just going to delete the Greek ones then...

You have a point, but there seem to be greater contradictions surrounding the Greek myths thanks to all of the different philosophical interpretations.

Antvasima said:
You have a point, but there seem to be greater contradictions surrounding the Greek myths thanks to all of the different philosophical interpretations.
Oh yeah, forgot that point there. Still since the calcs/feats you saw on the links don't seem to fit well with our current (albeit more or less flawed tiering system....didn't know what to say there), we may indeed have to delete.

Perhaps Kavpeny may want to say a word in this, Ant? I just want to see what his opinion on this matter is.

What Ant says is true, the way the Egyptian myths, for example, are done leave less room for error. Yeah, there's a guy who is the sun but I mean "god of infinity" kinda stays the same regardless of what time you're in.

Antvasima said:
I will PM Kavpeny to ask what he thinks.
Alright. I do have no objections to the deletion of such pages, but i kind of want us to get Kav's thoughts on this first before we do it.

Really? I would honestly prefer that we kept the Greek Mythology pages, even if we do not consinder the bits about the multiverse, and only keep Zeus and Typhon at 4-B (Remember, even for then, Typhoon was 73 Million KM tall).

I'll confess that I may have exagerated events a tiny little, but I honestly see a deletion of all Greek Mythology pages to be an extreme, unecessary solution.

LordXcano said:
What Ant says is true, the way the Egyptian myths, for example, are done leave less room for error. Yeah, there's a guy who is the sun but I mean "god of infinity" kinda stays the same regardless of what time you're in.
Well, Greek Primordials are described as Infinite Embodiements of the Concepts that they represent. That also stays the same no matter what. And again, even the crushing the stars bit is impressive cause they believed that Saturn was 73 Million KM away, and so that's the size of Typhoon. I am just using mathematics. Sure, their stars are much smaller, but they also admited that they were little dots in the sky do to their distance.

Well, if we are going to estimate Typhoon, and Zeus, who was not overwhelmingly superior, we will have to take the sizes people then believed they had into account.

The real Sun is 1.391980 Million Kilometres large, so 73 Million kilometres certainly more than qualifies for large star level, and possibly barely solar system level, but certainly not galaxy level or above.

^ I admit that the Multi-Solar System and Galaxy Levels were exagerations on my part, yes. But thinking back... Low 4-B Zeus and Typhoon sounds reasonable.

Same here. I mean we could put like "At Large Star level+, possibly Low Solar System" for the two then.

But if we're by any chance going to accept the Large Star to Low SS feat/calc, what about the other ones then?

I think that the whole "Making Constellations" is unquantifiable for the Greeks. Unless someone makes a calc using the whole 73 Million KM thing to see how big the stars would be from that distance.

We should go with feats?

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think that the whole "Making Constellations" is unquantifiable for the Greeks. Unless someone makes a calc using the whole 73 Million KM thing to see how big the stars would be from that distance.
We should go with feats?
Guess so.

What about the Orphic Zeus one, Matthew? The MSS to Galaxy one isn't accepted, but i don't know what Ant thoughts are on that one. If in the off chance the Greeks did believe in a multiverse, then we could possibly upgrade Zeus Orphic form as well...

I have adjusted Zeus' and Typhon's pages.

Back