• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is SBA, so how doese verse equalization work when it comes to Jojo Stands vs other verses?

Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses. For example, mind control resistance by being a capable mind user would also work against other Verses, but mind control resistance through a strong will would not necessarily work against mind control from other Verses.

Equalization works highly on a case-by-case basis, so many relevant cases should be discussed in the versus thread itself.

We've got a blog .

"Finally, on a quick note, verse equalization does not apply to interacting with Stands. They are not required for fights to occur and fights between Stand users and non Stand users have occurred before in the series.You also may not allow a character to interact and see stands for the sake of the fight as it is removing an inherent mechanic and advantage that has been used before in the series, and as such it is considered restricting a character's abilities (which is not allowed according to the SBA)."

Fights of non-stand users vs stand users in canon: Gyro vs Ringo Roadagain, Wekapipo vs Magent Magent, D-I-S-C-O vs Gyro, and Urban Guerrilla & Doremifasolati Do vs Josuke & Mamazuku

Ok, thanks.

1.) This does inhibit Static alot. However, this may or may not cause Static to focus more on Akira himself than RHCP. It's not on his profile now, but I think I remember Static being able to sense Electricity/Electromagnetic energy. I would confirm before posting but I can't really go through every episode lol. He can also try to absorb it once he notices or feels its electrical. I forgot to say, Static doesn't need physical contact with the electrical source to drain it. If they play tug of war with absorbing electricity, then RHCP would get that magnetic aspect to be manipulated by.

2.) Like you said, his EM attacks should still work, and his attacks regarding magnetizing objects to attract to and batter around RHCP, or restrain him in a way similar to Telekinesis should work too since it was able to be trapped by a tire and can get caught up with physical/affected by physical objects, and Stands are still affected by "forces".

3.) I'm not sure how big of a difference 42 to 46 Tons would be. I mean, I know its 4 tons, but I mean ratio wise or.....I don't know the right term, sorry. I'll just go with that. Ratio wise, is that a big enough difference to severely change the outcome of the fight? Even in irl situations with fighters, the heaviest hitter doesn't always win if the fighters are comparable. I guess that's where the "ratio" wise comes in, if you understand what I'm trying to say. How many hits would it take to bring Static down?

In your scenario, you said RHCP dashes in and hits Static with a barrage of attacks he can't see or defend against, but he actually does have a few defensive options. Absorbing the electricity off of RHCP to further amp himself is one. If RCHP absorbs it back, it'll come out as EM energy rather than just electricity, giving Static the options to manipulate him in the ways I listed before. Static also has defensive barriers, as well as omnidirectional bursts and AOE attacks as stated before. These attacks seem to have concussive force to them along with the EM aspects and have been shown to send people flying, blow things away, or even make things explode in some cases. Whether RHCP absorbs them or not, he would still get hit with the magnetism aspect of these attacks even if the concussive force is somehow stopped. And Akira would still be defenseless against these attacks unless RCHP specifically shields him, though since they're AOE and magnetizing is almost incapacitation, then it doesn't really help. And if the concussive and magnetic forces apply to both, Akira would essentially take double the damage. Either way, I doubt Static would let himself get barraged and beaten on without even attempting to retaliate or lash out.

Also this part is a response to Litentric Teon. I forgot but RHCP isn't actually completely made up of Electricity. It can exist with no electricity, though it loses its electrical aura and glow, and gains a rusty look. In this state it's extremely weakened even compared to its regular baseline level. Hypothetically speaking, if Static somehow managed to drain a good chunk of it's electricity, it would still exist, but wouldn't be much of a threat. On the other hand, if the reverse happens, RCHP would be full of the magnetic aspect of Static's power.

Honestly this isn't important to me enough to read 10 paragraphs on why Static would win. Nevertheless I still disagree for my reasons above, but I will be unsubbing to the thread.

What exactly stops RHCP from dragging Static into a wire for Transmutation+BFR+Sealing?

I know BFR and sealing aren't on his profile, but honestly, they should be.

@Jo-smooth

Okay. Thank you.

@Tactical

I agree that such a thing should be added. But that still reqiures RHCP to travel, during which time Static can incap Akira given that speed is equalized and they start dozens of meters apart. Also, if an electrical source grabs him, Static isn't just gonna helplessly get dragged off, lol. Magnetism, application of charges to repel and attract, blowing RHCP off are all options that avoid this.

Back