• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Sometimes I take people's suggestions to heart.

Speed equal. Both are assumed to have absorbed 8-B levels of electricity prior to the match.

Otherwise SBA.

Static: 3 (JohnConquest1, Litentric Teon, Jo-Smooth)

Akira Otoishi: 2 (HierophantDeluxe, Iapitus The Impaler)

A shocking stalemate: 0

Both absorb electricity but ugh

Akira is the only one who can actually attack without it

Hitting him with a car or a metal bench is something Static can do, though.

And so is picking up something metal and wrapping it around him.

Oh

Even so, to output a 8-B attack, Static had to completely burn himself out, while Akira can stay in the state for a few moments

RHCP seems to be greatly enhanced in his 8-B form, Static seems to be burn out fast when he's in his 8-B form. I think they fight evenly for 30 seconds or so before RHCP whoops his ass.

Static doesn't seem to resist transmutation either, but it may not entirely hurt him if he's dragged through electrical wiring.

I'm going with RHCP for now.

If he's thrown into electricity he'd just power up

Red Hot Chill Peppers can deal out regular punches though

Of course, now that I think about it, static can easily just absorb his stand. SBA says he won't freak out that the user would be dying as a result.

Also as said earlier Static can better use his surroundings to his advantage. even though they're in Central Park via SBA he could just do what he did against Hotstreak in a similar situation and lift a sewage pipeline to dump on RHCP and short him out

If Static tries to absorb him, why cant RHCP absorb Static?

Neither can really absorb each others electricity. And yeah, RHCP can throw regular punches, not just electricity blasts or something. He can beat on Static without really feeding him.

Mostly because Static isn't exactly emitting a constant... I guess you could call it Aura of electricity? There isn't much to drain unless he's shooting you

It doesn't matter if RHCP throws regular punches, RHCP being close to Static in his 8-B state will suffice. same thing vice versa. Both can probably absorb the other though. Statics Zap Caps and sheer versatility however make me think Static has the advantage here. Unlike Akira Static has a consistent way of recharging himself without relying on his opponent and, can abuse his enviorment to pin Akira down.

DMUA said:
Mostly because Static isn't exactly emitting a constant... I guess you could call it Aura of electricity? There isn't much to drain unless he's shooting you
Is there proof of this? I would expect someone who absorbs electricity to still have electricity within their body. If that's the case, than RHCP can drain it out just like Static can drain RHCP.

Just like how Akira can't just touch the ground to get electricity, he'd need actual contact with something outputting it.

Red Hot Chill Pepper is constantly shining with electricity as it's basically a walking lighting bolt boi, and Static is just a normal kid physiology wise.

Just like how you can't stick your finger into something to charge it up with electricity, without feats, you shouldn't be able to just drain someone's electricity without feats that are sorely lacking on RHCP's part

Right but where is the electricity stored in Static? Is it some place that RHCP can't touch? I understand he's constantly emitting energy but Static physiology wise must have a battery. What's stopping this lightning bolt from striking that battery and releasing/absorbing that energy?

That and the only source of Static in action during his 8-B form has him literally on the ground 20 seconds later... RHCP fought Josuke for at least a couple minutes.

Actually there was a villian in the show who was able to absorb Statics Electrical Powers but his Equipment presumably was untouched

Yeah, I'm going to side with Static here. He is vastly more intelligent and makes frequent enough use of his environment that he could take it. It also helps that he can magnetize Mr. Chili Pepper as well. And that Static has more mobility.

Additionally, he should be able to recharge himself from random sources throughout the area.

Static. Smarter, more versatile and intelligent uses of his powers along with the enviroment, can absorb RHCP's constantly emitting electricity to recharge himself, or use Zap Caps, though he wouldn't be in 8-B. While it isnt common, Static isnt afraid to go in close and use close quarters combat either. And this might be the biggest thing that may or may not have been overlooked, but if RHCP absorb's Static's electromagnetic electricity, Static could potentially abuse the magnetic properties of his power to mess with RHCP from the inside to try to magnatize or incap him. And everything the Stand feels or is affected by will happen to the user, so magnetism can and most likely will play a key role. I also don't think Static would be the type to try to use normal electrical attacks on a being that visibly seems to be made of electricity, which is where the enviorment and intelligence factor kicks in.

@Jo-Smooth

Intelligence only does so much in this slugfest. What about his versatility will win him this match? I think you're just saying things for the sake of saying them.

If he isn't in his 8-B form then RHCP punches him across the city block and into a building, potentially ohkoing him entirely. RHCP can absorb Static's electricity just as much, so them absorbing each other is cancelled out. Not sure what the entire magnetize thing is and it's too vague for me to really detemrine whether it can incap RHCP or not.

Static definitely seems like the type of character to use his electricity attacks on a being of electricity, he's a child and he's super-reliant on it. Regardless what most people seem to forget is that Static's 8-B powerup has him in pain and crippled within 15 seconds.

RHCP can stay in his 8-B form much longer and with much less visible strain.

I think you're just saying things for the sake of saying them.

Or...they're making a cohesive argument considering they bothered to give thought and type out a vote.

If anything, you're majorly underestimating Static here. His intelligence isn't Genius level for no reason. His intelligence vastly dwarfs those in his own show, and is responsible for him winning 90% of the time. I think you more so don't understand what Jo-Smooth's was arguing, which you practically admitted above. If you don't understand, perhaps refrain from claiming that they're "saying things for the sake of saying things." You could just ask what they mean, lol.

Regardless, the argued method of incapacity was through magnetism. Since, unlike Static, RHCP passively gives off electricity, Static can absorb it. Or if his electromagnetic electricity is absorbed, he could use the properties of that to potentially induce a larger magnetic field upon RHCP himself. Something reminiscent of Gash's Jikerudo. Paralysis inducement through electromagnetism for the win. Or if RHCP has electricity dwelling inside itself, Static could absorb the stand entirely, whereas the converse cannot happen.

Also, both combatants are reliant on their powers. I'm not sure why that's an issue. Additionally, if RHCP's lifting strength isn't that impressive, Static could wrap a metal column around him and call it a day.

No. He voted based on intelligence and versatility without elaborating on how exactly it will win him the fight, just stating it in general. That's called saying things for the sake of saying them.

And here you are again, telling me I'm under estimating said intelligence with little elaboration on how it majorly benefits him and decides the fight here. Here's a spoiler alert: it doesn't.

There's no good explanation or visual of how his magnetism works and I'm inclined to say it won't work on the elementally intagible like RHCP. Then you have the fact that RHCP is completely invisible to Static in the first place (I didn't realize tbh), he's going to be attacked by an opponent much stronger without the ability to see him. Touch him, maybe with his own electricity and magnetism powers but not physically.

RHCP can absorb the electricity within Static just as much as Static can do it to him, so they quite honestly cancel each other out.

That's not true at all. He literally gave several sentences worth of reasoning that you yourself said you didn't fully understand. I fail to see why you didn't just ask for clarification.

His magnetism typically works through application of charges. He can attract and repel through applying a positive or negative charge, and subsequently inducing a wave of the suitable charge. And, of course, running electricity though metal to generate an electromagnet also works.

Static may be able to sense him if he can sense sources of electricity. But I don't think he can do that. But it'll be clear that the electricity isn't coming from the man, and he'll have to find a way to figure out where it's coming from. With gifted levels of intelligence, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult.

Here's a respect thread for Static. To be fair, most of this are from his other iterations. But his intelligence is basically the same between iterations. I highly doubt RHCP has used his powers to manage to pick up on radio waves to listen in on hidden conversations. While not necessarily useful for combat, it speaks to what Static can do.

Though an obvious solution is to just tie the man up in metal that he can't escape from. There's nothing stopping Static from doing that since electricity won't work against him. And application of charges allows him to magnetize the guy as well.

I'm also unsure about the whole electricity within Static thing. But I'd have to look into it.

If he collapses after 10 seconds, then it's literally not a fight, in which case I agree that this should be closed.

Seeing as how King made the match and adjusted the profiles for the Static characters, I'd assume that Static collapsing may not be the case. But I'd rather here King's input on this.

Static is known for using his intelligence and wits in fights. He uses the envoiroment, his scientific knowledge, and his quick thinking to outsmart his enemies on the fly, mid battle. Since its SBA, and this is central park, there's alot of underground piping and metal in the enviorment Static can take advantage of with his magnetism as extra tools to either trap or hinder RHCP. He literally did this in his first fight against Hotstreak in episode 1 I believe.....and that area was actually similar to Central Park. There are also areas with bodies of water in central park, which Static would definitely take advantage of if given the opportunity to. Basically, Static has weapons all over that he can use to his advantage.

I'm not saying that this is 100% for sure going to happen, but if Static is able to transfer his electromagnetic properties into RCHP if he tries to absorb his EM energy, then Static has the options to A.) Manipulate him in a similar way to how a telekinetic can restrain and or ragdoll someone, allowing him to batter him around from a distance, get in close and land melee, or, if he's aware of the water in central park, carry him over and dump him in B.) Attract ferrous materials in the area to him, causing anything that's able to respond to attract to RCHP as well as Akira's actual body. Whatever happens to the stand happens to the stand user, and, as shown with 3 Freeze and Kira, this applies to "forces" too. So while RCHP may or may not be harmed as badly depending on the "AP" of the attracted metals, Akira's body would get pretty much mangled. C.) Use magnetism's repelling force to constantly repel him if he tries getting close and constantly prevent him from doing much of anything while he can either apply the above strategies or think of another one.

While it's not confimred if Static can do this to RCHP if he absorbs his EM energy, it should be noted that it's a possibility. Especially since for Static, Electricity and Magnetism aren't two separate powers that are activated in two separate ways. He can choose to only apply one, like shocking people without magnetizing them, covering people and objects in his EM energy without shocking or electrocuting them, but it's one power. Nothing implies that RHCP can separate the Electricity from the Magnetism once it's absorbed. And it's not like the magnetic aspect of it just disappears. I don't think its far fetched to assume that the magnetic aspect of the Electromagnetic energy would linger inside of RCHP, which Static would be able to take advantage of. We also cant forget that if RCHP gets magnetized, so will Akira's actual body. And whatever Static does to RCHP will be inflicted on him.

That's another thing we have to take into consideration. Static can also target Akira himself, who has no resistances to Static's attacks or electricity. Static is definitely the kind of person who would capitalize on that. Even if he doesn't know that the Stand user and the Stand share damage, he would most likely try to go after the user in character. And since it doesn't specify that Akira is starting out by hiding or anything, Static taking him out is fair game. On the other hand, its not like Static has to deal with 2 opponents as Akira can't do anything to Static and is just a liability. Akira's presence in this fight is a huge hindrance unless he hides as soon as the fight starts while using RHCP to keep Static occupied, which is actually very likely. Though Static does have ranged and AOE attacks to deal with him as well. And if RCHP tries to absorb, theres a chance the above magnetism effects can take hold. If Static even gets a few dozen meters away from Akira, he can end him with an attack if it connects.

Static also has greater movement and maneuverability as he can fly on his Saucer. Here's another thing. In those two instances where Static was 8-B, he was drained because he expelled all of that energy at once. Nothing says that Static absolutely has to expel all of his energy into one attack here. It's actually out of character for him to go with a big move that would completely drain him from the start. He would only do so if he felt like it was the best option or if he had no other choice. In the case that he does run out of energy, ZapCaps are a part of his standard equipment, and he could use those to recharge himself. It also should be noted that in both of those instances where Static pulled off those 8-B feats, he wasn't shown absorbing any extra electricity prior to performing them, but, as said before, just had to use it all in one move. So he doesn't automatically collapse or get injured or drained from containing 8-B levels of energy. Even when he collapsed, he was powerless in the literal sense, but was still able to move. In the episode with the Ice feat, literally right after he did the feat and drained himself, he managed to dodge a hail of giant ice spikes falling down to impale him and reach a power source to recharge. In the other scene, right after he did the feat, he was still able to fly on his saucer. So it's not like he would be incapacitated an unable to recharge.

Saying intelligence doesn't matter in a 'slugfight' like this is kind of a funny thing to say considering Josuke beat Akira/RHCP while being a whole AP level under him due to his intelligence and strategies. Look at Akira's profile's weakness, and then look at Static's profile's intelligence. Static's intelligence is a really good matchup for Akira's weakness, in Static's favor. Now on the other hand, look at Akira's intelligence and Static's weakness. It's almost funny how perfect Akira's main strategy for intelligence works to basically negate Static's main weakness if he decides to go for that strategy.

Basically, the way I currently see it is, Static has far more ways to take out Akira and RCHP than Akira has of taking Static out. Static has more maneuverability and range.....and yes while RCHP has more range in the profile, it means distance from Akira....and thats through electrical sources only. Static actually has attacks that can hit from a distance. There's also the fact that Akira himself is a huge liability in this fight as he has no protection or resistances against Static's attacks if Static chooses to target him. Static can hit him with AOE attacks, hit him with ranged blasts, go in close for melee.....basically one shot him with any attack he chooses, while RCHP can only use melee and potentially throwing stuff he can pick up in the area against someone who has basically equal stats to him. And again, nothing says that Static has to give up his 8-B energy instantly in one attack. If he retains most of it, he'd be able to at least keep up with RCHP physically on top of the other advantages he already has. (Damn, I just realized how long this is lol.)

It's not reasonable for me to read and retain your entire essay but I think I've got the most important points. Here's my rebuttal on things you seem to ignore.

1. Static cannot see RHCP. Stands can only be seen by Stand users, and Static has no powers remotely similar to the spiritual natures of Stands.

2. Static cannot conventionally touch RHCP. I wouldn't argue that Static can't use his electricity powers on RHCP, but touching him directly is a no-go as Stands can only touch other Stands.

3. RHCP holds the AP advantage, 46 tons vs 42 tons.

Those are the three main points I want Static supporters to acknowledge. That and RHCP can do all of the versatility feats Static can, arguably more so since he himself can enter powerlines and other electrical outlets.

Hierophant does have a point.

Also quit looking to me for answers. I'm the OP; I'm supposed to be impartial or something.

"Static also has greater movement and maneuverability as he can fly on his Saucer. Here's another thing. In those two instances where Static was 8-B, he was drained because he expelled all of that energy at once. Nothing says that Static absolutely has to expel all of his energy into one attack here. It's actually out of character for him to go with a big move that would completely drain him from the start. He would only do so if he felt like it was the best option or if he had no other choice. In the case that he does run out of energy, ZapCaps are a part of his standard equipment, and he could use those to recharge himself. It also should be noted that in both of those instances where Static pulled off those 8-B feats, he wasn't shown absorbing any extra electricity prior to performing them, but, as said before, just had to use it all in one move. So he doesn't automatically collapse or get injured or drained from containing 8-B levels of energy. Even when he collapsed, he was powerless in the literal sense, but was still able to move. In the episode with the Ice feat, literally right after he did the feat and drained himself, he managed to dodge a hail of giant ice spikes falling down to impale him and reach a power source to recharge. In the other scene, right after he did the feat, he was still able to fly on his saucer. So it's not like he would be incapacitated an unable to recharge."

This is also the truth.

Doesn't matter, as of now the fight starts with Static getting punched in the face dozens of times with no way to see or defend himself.

RHCP circles around him throwing haymakers and after 10 seconds or so Static collapses to the ground, bloody and unconcious.

@Hierophant

To be fair, your argument also doesn't address Static dealing with the human himself as opposed to the stand. The human can easily be incapped by Static similarlly to how Static can be incaped by the stand. Yet there is a difference.

The stand, while being spiritual in nature, seems to passively give off electrcity, which is something Static can sense, and adjust accordingly. Additionally, say he is struck once, Static will be able to feel the electricity in RHCP, and from there, can just release an AoE wave of charges, and then repel RHCP from there.

Though this assumes that RHCP will reach Static before Static incaps the actual stand user himself. The battle will likely start off with Static unleashing some kind of electric blast towards the stand user, which will be absorbed, and put Static on guard, having him realize that such a basic employment of his powers is useless. He'd then likely try to go for incap by other means, either by wrapping him up in metal, or through magnetizing. The first one seems more likely simply because it's more straightforward, and the stand user has the appearance of a regular human. I doubt that RHCP can cross the distance before Static binds him. Which counts as incap.

The whole bombard Static with haymakers just seems really unlikely considering that Static should possess capacity to pick up on sources of electrcity, added onto the fact that he can AoE waves of repulsive charges that'll send RHCP a good distance away from him. And Static can likely easily put two and two together than something the stand user is doing is causing damage to him. Assuming RHCP can reach him before Static binds him, given that they start at several meters apart.

Also, and please do correct me on this, if the stand is made of electrcity (despite being spiritual in nature), couldn't Static just absorb the stand itself? Whereas the converse cannot happen to him considering he's still a flesh and blood person whom has been mutated to possess such electric prowess.

Back