• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pikaman

He/Him
So this is my first post here and I’ve never done anything like this before so I hope this isn’t a complete mess but I wanted to try and calculate the specifics of Shenhe freezing Beisht’s Tsunami.

So in the late stages of one of the newest Genshin Archon Quests Shenhe freezes a massive tsunami to protect Liyue

Since she was only able to achieve this feat using her Cryo vision, her talisman spirit, which manifests from the same vision, should scale to this feat, which makes this feat combat applicable even in circumstances outside of temperature manipulation or Ice Manipulation

To work out the exact numbers of this feat, we first need to figure out the volume of this tsunami, we can see during the cutscene that it is dwarfing this rock

This rock is likely located in Liyue’s Guyun Stone Forest, since that’s where the rest of the cutscene takes place. Guyun Stone Forest (Further Abbreviated as GSF) has many similarly shaped rocks and other geographical features, which makes it hard to pinpoint exactly which one the tsunami is pictured with. In addition, Genshin does not contain any reliable resources for measurements, it seems natural at first to scale these rocks to a character model, but it’s impossible to get a complete view of these structures on camera in a way that allows you to reliably scale it to a character. The game does contain a navigator for quest locations, which rather conveniently gives the distance in metres, but this navigator only measures horizontal distances, without considering vertical distances. Rather fortunately though, there are exceptions to this rule, such as brief “challenges” scattered around the map, these have their own navigation, and due to the general short distances that apply to these challenges, their navigation considers vertical distances as well as horizontal ones. There is a challenge located on GSF, in the general area where the cutscene is likely to have taken place, that navigates you to the tip of a nearby rock. GSF is a set of islands located exactly on sea level, so all we have to do is use this navigator, standing as close to directly below the stone’s tip as we can, and we can get a rough estimate for the stone’s height. Since this is the only stone in GSF we can measure, and it seems to be in the general area where the cutscene takes place, we will assume this is the stone featured in the cutscene, the stone is 28 metres tall, which gives the tsunami a height of 152.2332 metres.

We can’t measure the length or width of the Tsunami based on the cutscene, so we will use assumptions to figure these out. Tsunamis can be up to 100 kilometres long, so that will be the (highball) figure we will use. Finding the width of a Tsunami is more difficult, but a Millileth Guard describes the “Tsunami” as “A Giant Wave”, we will use this to assume that the Tsunami only consists of a singular wave (This would make sense given its inorganic origins as an impending attack by the sea monster Beisht.) we can then use the general wavelength of a Tsunami as the width in this circumstance. This is a figure of 200km. This gives the Tsunami a volume of 3044.664 cubic kilometres. This can be converted into litres to give us a figure of 3.044664e+15 litres of water. That much water would weigh 3.04426819368E+18 grams. 333.55 Joules is required to freeze 1 gram of water at 0 degrees Celsius, so the energy needed to freeze the tsunami would be 1.0154157e+21 joules, converting that to tnt will give you 242.69017686424476 Gigatons of TNT, which is Large Island Level

Admittedly however, this is a highball estimate, the tsunami might not have been as long as I’ve estimated here, so here’s an alternative figure.

Alternative Figure:

Let’s assume that Beisht only intended for the tsunami to strike the island containing the Milileth guards, this would change the length of the tsunami from 100 kilometres to 18.2525 kilometres

Volume = 555.7272966 cubed kilometres

Litre Conversion = 5.557272966e+14 Litres

Weight = 5.5565505205144E+17 grams

Energy = 1.8533874e+20 joules

TNT Figure = 44.29702198852771744 Gigatons (Island Level)

MAIN FIGURE CONCLUSION:

This is important because Shenhe is ultimately still human. Archons such as Venti and Zhongli (In their Prime Barbatos and Geo Archon Keys respectively) and Raiden Shogun should significantly upscale to her, and Xiao should also, as one of the Adepti’s strongest, scale to her as well at a minimum (Zhongli in his Adeptus Key is also likely to scale and potentially upscale to her for similar reasons.) Shenhe doesn’t have a profile right now, but this highlights that Venti, Zhongli, Raiden Shogun and Xiao all likely deserve higher tier placements than the ones they have now.

ALTERNATIVE FIGURE CONCLUSION:

For reasons mentioned above, Xiao would likely scale and potentially upscale to Shenhe, which would lift him above his current High 7-A tiering

Last edited:
Sorry I accidentally hit send on this early, the full post will be up in a second

Edit: Full Post is now up

Last edited:
I don't think the 100km figure is adequate, but I think it's better to get the wave measurements from here anyway.
The 100km figure is pretty high balled I have to admit, and for the wave measurements I used the likely very lowballed estimates with the Guyun Stone Forest rocks because I don’t know how to scale it’s height using the image you have, you could probably use this rock as the 28 metre one I mentioned in my post, and find the true, much greater height from there,

The wave is likely far taller than my estimates, but I literally have no clue how to find the actual height lmao

I could put the current one down as a lowball estimate, using the height of some of Liyue’s taller geographical features for a highball?

I feel like this isn't a situation to use the normal width of a tsunami because as you mentioned it was made artificially and deliberately.
p.jpeg

I have no idea if this is more or less than 100km but there's no way that the wave would have been meant to take out anyone that's not in the army stationed here, so this could serve as a highball. Or maybe there's a better idea.

i think it should be put on a blogpost inside the wiki so you can request for evaluations there to be used. i still haven't gone this far in the story since I'm still doing it midway but if the tsunami is meant to flood entire liyue and not just to wipe away the frontlines 200km as a width shouldn't sound too high.

although I still have a 2nd opinion about the width

i think it should be put on a blogpost inside the wiki so you can request for evaluations there to be used. i still haven't gone this far in the story since I'm still doing it midway but if the tsunami is meant to flood entire liyue and not just to wipe away the frontlines 200km as a width shouldn't sound too high.

although I still have a 2nd opinion about the width
It is an attack aimed at destroying the enemies in front of him. Liyue is quite far from the field.

It is an attack aimed at destroying the enemies in front of him. Liyue is quite far from the field.
Guyun Stone Forest is far away from mainland Liyue, but given the nature of the Tsunami’s volume, it would likely travel across the sea and make the journey just fine. Beisht was aiming to avenge her husband, Osial, and his goal had been to destroy Liyue, so it’s not unreasonable to assume her intentions were the same.

Guyun Stone Forest is far away from mainland Liyue, but given the nature of the Tsunami’s volume, it would likely travel across the sea and make the journey just fine. Beisht was aiming to avenge her husband, Osial, and his goal had been to destroy Liyue, so it’s not unreasonable to assume her intentions were the same.
I'd argue that she could achieve destroying Liyue by simply going to the mainland after she dealt with those that are fighting her at that moment. Therefore, there is technically no real need for the wave to be able to make that sort of journey. There is also the fact that Guyun Stone Forest is quite off in terms of direction if the wave was supposed to hit Liyue Harbor.

I agree with Nehz, this is delving into pure speculation of intent, and I would rather not make a highball based on questionably assumed intent. Also a point against this would be what I assume to be the implication that the Alcor potentially outran the wave to its side, which doesn't really suggest it was that large either.

I agree with Nehz, this is delving into pure speculation of intent, and I would rather not make a highball based on questionably assumed intent. Also a point against this would be what I assume to be the implication that the Alcor potentially outran the wave to its side, which doesn't really suggest it was that large either.
I do agree that the length of the tsunami is very high-balled, so I’ve added in some other calculations assuming the Tsunami was only long enough to target the island the milileth were on

I don’t see anything off with this new calc from my layman’s perspective. We still need to figure out if a few characters not mentioned on your post scale though. Finally a definitive justification for Inazuma Traveler to be 6-C (besides surviving two fights with Ei) due to participating in this fight despite being weaker than Shenhe? What about Beidou?

I don’t see anything off with this new calc from my layman’s perspective. We still need to figure out if a few characters not mentioned on your post scale though. Finally a definitive justification for Inazuma Traveler to be 6-C (besides surviving two fights with Ei) due to participating in this fight despite being weaker than Shenhe? What about Beidou?
Aside from the calc being questionable, Beisht were so injured by the other attack to the point that Shenhe state that it would be pretty easy to finish her off so i doubt they scale, the only one who might possibly scale is Ningguang.

Aside from the calc being questionable, Beisht were so injured by the other attack to the point that Shenhe state that it would be pretty easy to finish her off so i doubt they scale, the only one who might possibly scale is Ningguang.
Yeah, I doubt that Shenhe scales to a fully powered Beisht, but that doesn’t take away from this feat (assuming I did the math right, which at this point is more likely to be a formulaic issue than one with my calculations)

Back