• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shanks must have already defeated Kaido once because we saw Shanks in Marineford, not Kaido.
If we look at the vol. 14 of the magazine, there are rivals on the cover and inside, and in the part where we are informed about Shanks and Mihawk, it is stated that Mihawk and Shanks are the 2 strongest rivals, that is, Shanks and Mihawk will be stronger than Kaido, which is also mentioned on the cover. Eichiro Oda tells us that Shanks and Mihawk are stronger than Kaido. It is obvious that he did this to show that he is stronger, so I invite those who give it to Kaido to think again.

Shanks must have already defeated Kaido once because we saw Shanks in Marineford, not Kaido.
If we look at the vol. 14 of the magazine, there are rivals on the cover and inside, and in the part where we are informed about Shanks and Mihawk, it is stated that Mihawk and Shanks are the 2 strongest rivals, that is, Shanks and Mihawk will be stronger than Kaido, which is also mentioned on the cover. Eichiro Oda tells us that Shanks and Mihawk are stronger than Kaido. It is obvious that he did this to show that he is stronger, so I invite those who give it to Kaido to think again.
Why do you think they praise their rivalry with each other and then suddenly switch to other rivals? And here shanks and mihawk are praised, so shanks and mihawk > there must be 2 people left, so a context like 2v2 where they would take everyone doesn't scale for shanks individually, and let's say this argument was completely true (but completely false) it would contradict statements like "kaido's strongest man" "strongest creature" "one on one kaido wins", so this argument is not true due to lack of context

Why do you think they praise their rivalry with each other and then suddenly switch to other rivals? And here shanks and mihawk are praised, so shanks and mihawk > there must be 2 people left, so a context like 2v2 where they would take everyone doesn't scale for shanks individually, and let's say this argument was completely true (but completely false) it would contradict statements like "kaido's strongest man" "strongest creature" "one on one kaido wins", so this argument is not true due to lack of context
"In a one-on-one fight, always bet on Kaidou, because he's too chicken-shit to fight fight anyone stronger than him."

"In a one-on-one fight, always bet on Kaidou, because he's too chicken-shit to fight fight anyone stronger than him."
Haha hu that's really funny man, and don't you think the fact that kaido has never lost to anyone in a one on one fight, but has always fought more than one person on his own, doesn't support that?

Haha hu that's really funny man, and don't you think the fact that kaido has never lost to anyone in a one on one fight, but has always fought more than one person on his own, doesn't support that?
He had to get an assist aganst Oden.

In this panel, people talk about it and Shanks is someone who does not prefer to fight, so finding kaido stronger than this panel and people saying is complete nonsense

In this panel, people talk about it and Shanks is someone who does not prefer to fight, so finding kaido stronger than this panel and people saying is complete nonsense
Dude, which panel? Kaido is stronger thanks to its expressions and mind-blowing durability. And as far as you know, there's not much action for shanks, who has almost never been seen, so even if shanks is stronger now, there's no way to prove it in feats.

Dude, which panel? Kaido is stronger thanks to its expressions and mind-blowing durability. And as far as you know, there's not much action for shanks, who has almost never been seen, so even if shanks is stronger now, there's no way to prove it in feats.
Isn't that an argument from ignorance fallacy?

Yes, if we only had this panel, it would not be a right judgment to immediately accept it as true because this is the word of random people in the One Piece universe, but when we look at the other statements / actions we have, we see this. We see that they strongly support this statement. And I was wondering why you made a sentence like Shanks doesn't fight?
What do you mean?
Did you read why I voted for Kaido? I told Marineford that we had no knowledge of the previous war. Power scales from that battle cannot be given for either character.
You said "Name a 1v1 Kaidou was losing.
This statement was given when we first saw Kaido in the series, that is, 20 years after that war.
He needed someone to distract Oden to bail him out, and he was traumatized about it.
It is impossible to prove that Kaido would lose if he fought Oden one on one. He had great respect for Oden's power. this wasn't a trauma

It is impossible to prove that Kaido would lose if he fought Oden one on one. He had great respect for Oden's power. this wasn't a trauma
He had a direct flashback to this scene when Guernica hit Luffy and he freaked out.

Imma vote incon due to iirc none of them actually training or something since before the TS and being said that Shanks stopped Kaidou from going to Marineford

Oden says "If I can't win, other people can't for a while," how does that make Kaidou stronger?
I didn't say kaido>oden because of this panel, you misunderstood me. Only Oden praises Kaido's strength and mentions the possibility of losing to Kaido since the possibility of winning is not certain. There is no kaido>oden or oden>kaido in this panel anyway.

Last edited:
Imma vote incon due to iirc none of them actually training or something since before the TS and being said that Shanks stopped Kaidou from going to Marineford
There is no evidence that they fought one on one in that war. Even if they fought, we have no information on how long they fought in which situation.

I didn't say kaido>oden because of this panel, you misunderstood me. Only Oden praises Kaido's strength and mentions the possibility of losing to Kaido since the possibility of winning is not certain. There is no kaido>oden or oden>kaido in this panel anyway.
Yeah, Oden couldn't onetap Kaidou. Both can hurt each other, that doesn't make them even just because the odds aren't 100%.

There is no evidence that they fought one on one in that war. Even if they fought, we have no information on how long they fought in which situation.
If IC he destroyed Kidd for knowing via kenbunshoku that he's a menace to one of his pals, he would not call them to fight with him against Kaidou, he'd put them strategically to fight the other pirates where he'd know they're not in danger.

If IC he destroyed Kidd for knowing via kenbunshoku that he's a menace to one of his pals, he would not call them to fight with him against Kaidou, he'd put them strategically to fight the other pirates where he'd know they're not in danger.
There is no way to prove that this applies to that war. Wanoda even makes a sentence like "I don't remember the last time I fought one on one."

Back