• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shang Tsung vs Oudo Miyakonojou

Hmmm, if Shangy boy starts with a soul steal that might be problematic because he'd copy Oudo's abilities (if I recall correctly how soul steal works), but I don't know that either one necessarily outskills the other so that might not be as big of a problem.

I feel like Shang'd soul-copy Oudo's form and abilities, they'd spar evenly for a bit, then Oudo would Unreasonably Tax him and steal his powers.

So a tentative vote for Oudo.

Shang would know all of his powers and use them against him, and soul steal comes after he morphs into his opponent. It's instant and activated by a thought.

I mean, Unreasonable taxation works via mutual interfeerence, so even tho UT wouldn't do anything important to the original oudo, it would do something to Shang. Weighted Words may also not effect Oudo because of his self centeredness, but that's more due to his mentality so I am doubtful that could be copied. If he copied Oudo, then Oudo would probably go seriously at that point and go for Unreasonable Tataxation and win.

Thus, I vote Oudo

No, its him manipulating your motor skills. He can directly manipulate your mind, but it is better to think of it as a combo of Bio Manip, Electricity manip, Body Manip, and Mind Manip

He phases his hand into your chest. Then runs electrical signals through your heart and by mutual interfeerence takes any powers the opponent has. It also bypasses durability and renders the target unconcious

He has TP and flight to counter that, and will weaken him with fireballs before using soul rip, since he usually steals souls from defeated enemies unlike Shao Kahn who just takes it with no combat before it.

Teleportation, happens with a burst of flames and can teleport others for pseudo BFR (not IC again). But flight is less likely since I've only seen him use it once.

If Shang doesn't resist Oudo's abilities in the first place, he gets incapped immediately. And even if he does, if they're both in-character then Oudo still has a significant advantage due to his own powers not working against him if Shang copies.

So still voting for Oudo

I didn't say that, only BFR and flight isn't in character for ST. Soul steal, fireballs, shapeshifting and tp is in character for ST.

Ah, well then in that case I could see it going either way, although Shang has a clear edge in mobility Oudo only needs to hit him once.

So I'll say inconclusive

Turing into Medaka is a good way to destroy yourself. Oudo tried to copy medaka and he almost died. After the experience he was so shook he basically got incap'd

Okay.

His trick works by reading his opponent's mind so he should know that he's going to die doing that.

And will anything change the match if MB characters don't have souls?

Back