• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shana vs Erza Scarlet

Erza pretty much god stomps in every category....

But Shana however starts off with her time stop, so I vote for her.

Stomp for Shana cause a human can't fight her in the first place cause the battle is only within a special dimension where normal livings can't move.

If the abilty doesn't make it a battle yes cause again the battle won't even start it will just end and that makes it a mismatch.

@William

Pretty sure that verse equalization take care of it. Like the shinigami from Bleach

Kaltias said:
@William

Pretty sure that verse equalization take care of it. Like the shinigami from Bleach
Actually the time stop works on anything not supernatural, plus the enemies have time stop resistance.

Kaltias said:
@William

Does it? I don't know about that honestly.

Can someone else confirm it as well?

Kaltias said:
I'm talking about "a human can't fight her"
I meant that as in "her" time stop affects any regular living creature so a human can't fight her without special conditions.

Ah ok, then no, verse equalization doesn't affect it.

If that's the case, I doubt that it would be a stomp. Especially because without it Erza bodies via superior everything

And durability.

MCB dura for Shana, this is the textbook definition of stomp without her time stop.

Because that's the only advantage that she has. But that's kind of a grey area. So I dunno

I just remembered something since Erza is a wizard she is a supernatural being just like Shana and Humans with treasures so technically that time stop shouldnt work as it affects "normal" living creatures.

Gargoyle One said:
Magic=/=Supernatural being
And what is it? If magic isn't supernatural I don't know what is it after all since there are no Wizards in Shana's verse and her kind is the closest to Wizards in FT there is no reason to consider Erza not being able to move in the other world as Erza is not a "normal" living being. At least I see it that way.

So lemme understand here. Apparently Erza is more skilled and blah blah, but during the fight she can't move at all?

Nope because Shana time stops before Erza even breathes ones correctly the only thing now is whether Erza is considered diffrent from a normal living being as she is a wizard something that we don't have in shakugan no Shana.

Erza is more skilled and one-shot with every attack. But Shana leads with the time stop so she wins

In the Shakugan no Shana universe, only supernatural beings or humans with special conditions can move using the Fuzetsu (the pocket dimension). Flames Hazes (what Shana is) are supernatural beings, they aren't humans anymore; same with their enemies the Crimson Denizens who are supernatural.

Erza is a human. Using magic doesn't mean anything about the creature she is.

Flame Hazes are particularly born to be said Flame Hazes or are people that are already dead, they don't age and they're immortal, they're also able to use seals in which anybody that doesn't have resistance to time manipulation or isn't another Flame Hazes gets caught in her seals, one of them being the time stop seal.

Erza is still a human with magical powers, not quite the same.

Not ageing and being immortal isn't quite a base for establishing them as supernatural beings. Saber cannot age and is immortal, yet she's still human.

ScarletFirefly said:
Define supernatural beings and "humans with special conditions".
The only way for a non-supernatural being to enter the Fuzetsu is if they carry a special amulet with a spell, created by a Flame Haze or a Crimson Denize

GoldenScorpions said:
ScarletFirefly said:
Define supernatural beings and "humans with special conditions".
The only way for a non-supernatural being to enter the Fuzetsu is if they carry a special amulet with a spell, created by a Flame Haze or a Crimson Denize
This doesn't give me an answer as to what exactly is a supernatural being. Obito Uchiha can only enter his dimension (excluding people with the same powers and people he brings there), yet he's still human.

ScarletFirefly said:
Not ageing and being immortal isn't quite a base for establishing them as supernatural beings. Saber cannot age and is immortal, yet she's still human.
I thought Heroic Spirits and Servants weren't considered human? Hell, Rin mentioned this in the Fate route to Shirou.

Supernatural should mean characteristic and abilities that normal human being don't posses and magic is one of those.

Gargoyle One said:
ScarletFirefly said:
I thought Heroic Spirits and Servants weren't considered human? Hell, Rin mentioned this in the Fate route to Shirou.
I'm referring to Arturia before she died.

Based on the crap going on in this thread, I'm starting to feel that this match should not have happened at all...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Based on the crap going on in this thread, I'm starting to feel that this match should not have happened at all...
I'm just tired of the Erza threads honestly.

Flame Hazes basically merge with their Crimson Lord when the contract is made. They lose their humanity for something nearly similar to a being from another plane. The spells and powers they use are powers from another plane and the reason they can move inside Fuzetsus is due to their differently shaped nature as beings, that allows them to move just like Denizens, the creatures from said plane.

Erza is just a human who can use magic. She never stops being a human in the story

GoldenScorpions said:
Flame Hazes basically merge with their Crimson Lord when the contract is made. They lose their humanity for something nearly similar to a being from another plane. The spells and powers they use are powers from another plane and the reason they can move inside Fuzetsus is due to their differently shaped nature as beings, that allows them to move just like Denizens, the creatures from said plane.
And again I would like to bring Saber's example. She uses powers that are from another plane (Excalibur and Avalon are made from fairies), she was told that once she drew Excalibur from the stone she would "stop being human", she can access Avalon, a dimension completely separated from the normal world. Yet despite these, she's again, human. She cannot be called a supernatural being while she was alive.

ScarletFirefly said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
I'm just tired of the Erza threads honestly.
Same here. Sure, she's super popular, but that leaves other characters neglected. Always the same characters are used...

Back