• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Espeon is extremely loyal to any trainer it considers to be worthy. It is said that this Pokémon developed its precognitive powers to protect its trainer from harm.

Although it originally had no powers at all, people say its precognitive faculties were awakened by its need to protect itself.

That's basically all of the Espeon ones. Considering this general theme, the ones that refer to generic precognitive abilities are clearly referring to that.

Feeling air currents with your hair is a natural ability. The two entries I quoted suggest that Espeon had awakened a power, aka a power that Espeon would not have before naturally. This power is stated explicitly to be a precognitive power.

It's doing the opposite of what you said; the phrasing used suggests that this is something seperate from simply sensing air currents with its hair.

"Originally had no powers at all" still works when one considers that animals don't have all their instincts and shit developed immediately. Learned behavior exists, as does evolution resulting in a species gaining traits overtime. The OG espeons may not have been able to do that but over time the ones that could survived until it was more common, resulting in an awakening of a new ability for the species.

Evolution (in the way you mean) happens over millions of years. Espeons awakened this power as a result of protecting its trainers, so its pretty clear this isn't to do with evolution.

None of the entries that talk about Espeon's air current sensing mention that this was developed; because it's a natural ability due to Espeon's sensitive hairs. All 3 of the entries that talk about this precognitive power mention that it was awakened/developed. The Pokedex makes a pretty clear distinction between this sensing and the precognitive powers.

Didn't notice the "protect trainer" part, but it can still just be something they learn to do and aren't born with, like all sorts of behaviours in animals and people.

Considering how literally every other one refers to prediction born out of it's body, I think it's pretty safe to say the ones talking about "precognitive ability" with no further explanation refer to that, making it more akin to enhanced senses. It is insanely good enhanced senses since it can predict the thoughts of opponents with it (You can conceivably do that with good enough enhanced senses and a good enough knowledge of unconscious body cues), but still not exactly something Mewtwo would instantly get.

I'm still leaning towards Mewtwo winning though.

@Cal Mewtwo having passive precog is wank yes or no?, and where would it come from?

I still think it's easier to assume that this precognitive power is seperate from the enhanced senses, but I digress.

Didn't Mewtwo have a statement similar to that of Alakazam (muh master of all psychic abilities, or whatever)?

That would accomplish nothing here, at least not the point that it's trying to be proven as that would still not make him scale to Mega Alakazam and we are yet to see what PKMN has passive precog.

Actually, Mew2 could also prevent the time stop with Psychic Erase. And Disable makes Shadow's teleporation useless throughout the entire fight.

Wait....isn't this Shadow Mewtwo? A Pokemon whose mindset is to beat the shit outta you with elemental attacks?

Anyways yeah, if this Mewtwo just "beats the shit outta you with elemental attacks" then Shadow definitely wins due to better mindset.

Should void all of Mewtwo's votes as well as they don't take this into account.

Keep in mind if you wanna use that logic, Shadow has never once used Wisp abilities in canon, let alone is Super form. And is also solely reliant on Shadow spamming timestop like he was born from Dialga and raised by DIO.

Canon? I mean...Runners. And Shadow, just like Silver, has that killing intent and is also a combat pragmatist and will use anything to win in a fight. Both characters seem like the same in my eyes. Hence why both tied in their fight with 06.

Yes, he has them in gameplay otherwise he wouldn't have wisp abilities in the first place.

Super forms don't lose abilities that base forms have access to. Even without the wisps, time stop + Chaos Spear does Mewtwo in.

Runners is super non-canon. Phone game, different versions of the same character... Hell, Mephiles is ALIVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back