• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Several OPM character upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
man ive been up past my sleep time for this
GOUKETSU HAS NO SCALINGS TO THE METEOR
scales by genos statment
WHAT GENOS SAYS ABOUT GOUKETSU HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE METEOR
it does because saitama destroyed the meteor and genos knew how powerful the meteor was
murata probably wasent even thinking about the meteor when he drew that scene in the manga when he was comparing saitama to gouketsu
read death of the author by roland barthes

scales by genos statment

it does because saitama destroyed the meteor and genos knew how powerful the meteor was
1. genos wasnt talking about the meteor when talking about gouketsu, read the manga
2. saitama is stronger than gouketsu and scaling characters to feats of saitama is a bad move

1. genos wasnt talking about the meteor when talking about gouketsu, read the manga
2. saitama is stronger than gouketsu and scaling characters to feats of saitama is a bad move
again you still haven't understood the argumet after all this time, its GENOS PERCEPTION OF SAITAMAS STRENGTH

Not only that, it's literally impossible since Saitama is literally the strongest character in the series by such a long gap it isn't even funny.
how can you spend hours arguing against some one and not even understand the person most basic premise

Dude, he understands your premise. He just disagrees.

Can we stop with this kind of stuff, or at least try to explain what he doesn't understand.

Because you're the one arguing for an in-universe statement. He's applying Death of the Author by saying that Murata probably didn't take the meteor into account.
death of the author means that the authors interpretation of the litterary work is worth no more than everyone else

death of the author means that the authors interpretation of the litterary work is worth no more than everyone else
Yes. And that also means that poor in-story statements can also mean absolutely nothing as explained.

That's a very fun counter-argument. Primarily because it isn't one, but please, continue.
because im arguing that genos views saitama at a certain level of strength and that is what he compares with gouketsu with not the real saitama who fought gouketsu max power
Exactly. How does that even remotely go against what I just said?
right and therefore what he thinks is irrelevant unless he argues for it using the actual statments and story of the work

because im arguing that genos views saitama at a certain level of strength and that is what he compares with gouketsu with not the real saitama who fought gouketsu max power
Gouketsu has absolutely nothing to do with the meteor. Genos didn't mention it. Murata probably didn't take it into account. Why do you keep doing this? I am requesting this to be closed, it has been radically rejected and you are stonewalling so hard right now.

What? You literally explained Death of the Author before, how can you not suddenly get it now?

Edit: Nevermind, I looked at the wrong point. Sorry.

even if he didn't that assumes that wheter murata thought about matters which it don't because language acts not the author
And that's exactly what we're arguing.

If Murata just didn't care, it could very much be an outlier and not even slightly reliable.

Part of Death of the Author is invalidating the author when they misunderstand their own works. That's why plot holes and contradictions are criticized.

Ok, then say ONE, or something. You're the one who brought up Murata as the author.

Part of Death of the Author is part of a work having different interpretations and contradictions.

I think I will close this in a bit. But there's probably just going to be a new one.

I think I will close this in a bit. But there's probably just going to be a new one.
Please do it, now. There is absolutely no point to this. If he makes another thread with the same arguments, idk if that's a rule violation, but it's grounds to get banned from OPM shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back