• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sephiroth VS. Zero (Megaman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In character, SPeed Equalized. THis is MMZ!Zero and Advent Children Sephiroth.

Fight takes place... Let's say it takes place in the ruins of midgar.

Who wins?

Although I love Zero, I gotta give it to Sephiroth here. With all of his magic, Zero is an easy target out.

Sephiroth can also slow down time, which would make Zero in a state of vulnerability, as Sephiroth could strike and kill him.

And not to mention the shit-ton of magic Sephiroth has.

LunarFlare666 said:
Although I love Zero, I gotta give it to Sephiroth here. With all of his magic, Zero is an easy target out.
Sephiroth can also slow down time, which would make Zero in a state of vulnerability, as Sephiroth could strike and kill him.

And not to mention the shit-ton of magic Sephiroth has.
I actually disagree. Sure, Sephiroth can slow time, but Zero can stop it. They pretty much out-hax eachother, but I'd give zero a slight advantage in that respect.

Zero should take a majority. He has beaten foes that move faster on average than Sephiroth (Sage Harpuia, Lunaedge, Ferham) and Zero is vastly more durable, having ridden a nuke to detonation and surviving planetfall crashes without a scratch. Heck, Zero's DNA has protected humans from megaton nuclear weapons. Sephiroth has no feats to come close to that.

Zero's skill should also eclipse Sephiroth's as Zero has been fighting sentient war machines and technogods for centuries. His standard weapon, the Z Saber has been shown to cut through six foot thick steel with a single stroke. Heck, a weaponless Zero has punched through 10 feet of metal one punch.

If it comes to magic, Zero has techniques to match or better Sephiroth from time stops, to area attacks, to soul body clones and physical duplication. And this doesn't even bring up his Awakened state, which heals instantly, possesses invulnerable, and can spam insta-kill genmurei waves.

Speed is Equalized

Also dude, unless Zero in character does that and it works instantly, Sephiroth casually one shots even if Zero blocks.

I give it to Zero due to vast weaponry, a hax advantage, and his ability to adapt in unfavorable situations.

Sephiroth - 3

Zero - 2 (Didn't count the OP)

Acrosurge summed up pretty well what I was about to say. Keep in mind that stuff like Genmurei can even oneshot other SS lvl characters too and don't even bring the "Sephiroth slows down time" when Zero can outright stop it.

So I'll vote Zero because of this and Acrosurge's reasons.

Problem is, Sephiroth has a resistance to time schenanigans. Genmurei won't work on someone with a thousand x power advantage. It's only a matter of time until the One Winged Angel hits. God forbid he uses Supernova or Heartless Angel.

Heartless Angel reduces to 1 HP, Zero could get around that via Healing.

Supernova point: Fair enough.

Though it should be at least noted that SN is by far Sephiroth's strongest attack (if he happens to use it before Zero puts him down, tho, I'll admit that it's gg).

EDIT:

>> Remembers the scale of SN feat to the scale of MMX8 feat.

>> Nevermind, Sephiroth probs oneshots.

But where does Sephiroth's resistance to Time Stopping come from?

Pretty sure if you fight him as Ultimecia in Dissidia he gets stopped anyway nvm

Dissidia isn't canon, He resists Time materia once used.

Also, Sephiroth is FAR from baseline 4B

Reppuzan said:
Erm... Sephiroth has a 3.108 Mega-Foe feat. Zero is scaled to a 1.2 Kilo-Foe.
Even if he has a hax advantage, he can't harm Sephiroth in any meaningful way physically.
So you vote Zero?

@Reppu Yeah, that's why I edited before admitting that Seph oneshots. When I originally made that reply I remembered both being at Mega-Foe, then I stopped and went "Wait a sec." rofl

@Gargoyle

Joke

Your head

Well, Zero's only real chance here is to stop time immediately and go for the kill by attacking Sephiroth's soul (since he can grasp and destroy the souls of Reploids) or by flash freezing him with Absolute Zero.

Well, while I didn't intend to make that a legit question (as I tried to make clear with the strike and that particular "nvm" at the end), thanks for answering anyways.

Can this match even happen, considering 95% of Zero's options won't scratch Sephiroth, while almost anything Sephiroth does nets him the win as soon as it connects?

FateAlbane said:
Well, while I didn't intend to make that a legit question (as I tried to make clear with the strike and that particular "nvm" at the end), thanks for answering anyways.
I knew the second part was a joke, the first IDK

Man, Sephirot have a massive AP advantage, while i am a Zero fanboy this is just impossible.... Im going vote Sephirot (X would have more chance though)

FateAlbane said:
Can this match even happen, considering 95% of Zero's options won't scratch Sephiroth, while almost anything Sephiroth does nets him the win as soon as it connects?

He doesn't even need Supernova, Magic or Heartless Angel. With that much of a difference, it's one blade swing and he oneshots.

I agree with Fate, Zero is powerless against Sephirot, this can be considered a stomp. 3.108 Mega-Foe >>>>> 1.2 Kilo-Foe.

Honestly? It may not be 100% impossible for Zero to win, but he wins only if he leads with the durability negating attacks, and even in this case it would be a toss up because Sephirot literally just have to hit him with any attack. Imo that's a bit stompy

Stomps aren't counted as votes.

If Zero even so much as blocks Sephiroth's sword he explodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back