• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sentient and Picky Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
I'm curious, so that's why I am making this thread.

Is a sentient weapon that chooses its owner and won't allow another to wield it some limited form of Resistance to Power Absorption or Mimicry?

Just curious if this would be the case.

Thank you.

That depends on the context; sometimes absorbing a character's essence or DNA can make the weapon think said new wielder is the owner.

That depends on the context; sometimes absorbing a character's essence or DNA can make the weapon think said new wielder is the owner.
I was thinking more generally, but for specifics.

The weapon is directly stated to chose their owner, needs a certain compatibility with them to make a 'pact', and it mergers with the user on a physical and spiritual level.

Sentient or symbiotic weaponry not always share the same set of abilities; maybe is merged with the user's body, or it's spirit instead, maybe the wielder can summon it from everywhere, and so on.

Sentient or symbiotic weaponry not always share the same set of abilities; maybe is merged with the user's body, or it's spirit instead, maybe the wielder can summon it from everywhere, and so on.
Share the same set of abilities? What does that have to do with my question?

I'm just asking, do sentient weapons that chose their wielders and don't allow anyone else to wield them get some limited form of Power Absorption resistance or not at all?

Since they refuse to be wielded by another?

Was generalizing. But to the point, not allowing someone else to wield you is not related to Power Absorption (one may still be able to mimicry or absorb the weapon's powers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back