• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Senator Armstrong vs Monkey D. Luffy

Stefano4444

He/Him
Senator Armstrong and Monkey D. Luffy

Pre Time Skip Luffy (Marineford Arc)

Speed Equalized

Armstrong: 1 (MeerkatOverlord)

Luffy: 8 (Kilofiercevids11, ZackMoon1234, CinCameron20, TheNeolancer, Veloxt1r0kore, Dat Dot, Gargoyle One, ZackMoon1234)

Inconclusive: 0 ()

Gear 3rd Luffy
SenatorArmstrong2
Nanomachines

I mean I dont know much about luffy. But I was going off his elastic body and stamina. Atleast according to the profile, the stamina is higher. Plus apparently armstrongs nanomachines run out of power. Which I never knew about because it wasent mentioned in the game.

MeerkatOverlord said:
I mean I dont know much about luffy. But I was going off his elastic body and stamina. Atleast according to the profile, the stamina is higher. Plus apparently armstrongs nanomachines run out of power. Which I never knew about because it wasent mentioned in the game.
Armstrong is still comparable to the likes of Solid Snake, who could keep from giving up information through extensive torture from Ocelot, or Raiden (although inferior), who could keep fighting during MGS4 after suffer massive damage after the fight with Vamp.

Also Armstrong had Regenerationn on a level which allow him to reattach lost limbs, he isn't going to get down so easily.

And is not like he is the only one who can run out of power, the Gear 2 too requid a lot of energy for be maintained and the Gear 3 can last only for a few minutes.

And for Luffy's elastic body, Armstrong's body is too highly resistant again physical attacks, thanks of his nanomachines, is very likely that both Luffy and Armstrong would be able to took most of their own blows.

Lmao I got the impression that luffy didnt really have stamina issues in those forms. If he cant last that long in them then hes ******, In base he whole teir lower. Yeah, im changing my vote to armstrong.

MeerkatOverlord said:
Lmao I got the impression that luffy didnt really have stamina issues in those forms. If he cant last that long in them then hes ******, In base he whole teir lower. Yeah, im changing my vote to armstrong.
It had, especially with Pre Time Skip, with Post Time Skip is less visible.

But don't change vote so soon, Luffy still show impressive feats of endurance and stamina during both his battle again Lucci and during Marineford, he isn't going to lose anytime soon.

This fight is anything than a stomp match, both have equal chances to defeat the other one.

Luffy with extreme Stamina , have resistance to blunt attacks. and doesnt luffy can maintain his body after using gomu gomu no gigant rifle in whitebeard saga againts a giant marine?

Why is Senator Armstrong "Likely 7-C" when he has a Low 7-C feat and he relied on his nanomachines (statistic amp) to increase his AP/Dura? Ripper Mode Raiden scales to a 4.6 Kiloton feat as well, which is still Low 7-C.

Anyways, Luffy's capped AP is higher as he overpowered and withstood blunt force-attacks from Gekko Moriah, who's single punch upon entering his Asgard form exceeds 8.5 Kilotons of force--effectively higher than anything Armstorm has performed.

Despite Luffy's weakness when using his gears, he takes this due to superior AP w/ Gear 2nd and 3rd, superior endurance and pain tolerance (though Armstrong DID withstand having his fore-arm sliced off and re-attached it), vast range advantage, physical versatility, and resistance to blunt-force trauma effectively canceling out Armstrong's moderate AP advantage over Luffy's Durability. Luffy is still strong enough to hurt Armstrong through his hardened body.

CinCameron20 said:
Why is Senator Armstrong "Likely 7-C" when he has a Low 7-C feat and he relied on his nanomachines (statistic amp) to increase his AP/Dura? Ripper Mode Raiden scales to a 4.6 Kiloton feat as well, which is still Low 7-C.
Isn't Ripper Mode proven to be like a 7 times Strength Boost? Raiden without the Ripper Mode could already match and defeat EXCELSUS, who had an AP of 1.1475 Kilotons.

Ripper Mode Raiden would then have an AP of 8.0325 Kilotons (which is not this far away from Gekko Moriah's 8.5 Kilotons of AP), and Armstrong was still able to overpower him.

I don't see either of them having decisive superior AP/Dura, even if Luffy is technically stronger (but the difference is so small that is irrilevant).

Luffy was stronger than Moriah, who had the 8.5 KT feat. He defeated him rather quickly while in a weakened state due to the side-effects of being in his "Nightmare Luffy" mode.

CinCameron20 said:
Luffy was stronger than Moriah, who had the 8.5 KT feat. He defeated him rather quickly while in a weakened state due to the side-effects of being in his "Nightmare Luffy" mode.
I thought he was just exhausted rathen than be weakened as Lola stated, and is not like Moriah was at his peak either, he had take a hell of a beat from Nightmare Luffy along with Oars, to the point of losing consciousness for a brief period of time.

Also he was having difficulty of keep inside all the shadows in Thriller Back, which prevent him to use the full strength of his Shadows Asgard, at last Luffy was able to finish him quickly by using both Gear 2 and 3, which cause him massive internal damage just with two moves.

This happened after Luffy had already been stomped and punched several times by Moriah, while he was also "exhausted".

Luffy finishing Moriah in a few hits is a testament to his abilities rather than Moriah's weakness. Especially since Moriah was only slightly injured after he got back up from Nightmare Luffy's attacks. Luffy wasn't capable of standing up until just before he fought Moriah.

Seems like a stamina battle, in that case Luffy. Armstrong may be compareable to Snake, but Luffy survived several days in Impel Down, where all the different floors are considered "Hell", barely lived Magllean's attacks, endured the the Pheremone Healing, ran back up the prison, got to Marineford, and somehow managed to have enough energy to keep up with the Admirals and Mihawk.

I think at this point this should be closed, seen like everyone agree that Luffy win this fight.

Back