• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Braking

He/Him

Vs

Skypeia Arc Luffy used
Both are High 7-C
The Place is where raiden fights armstrong.
The boss music is the same as when raiden fights armstrong. (It Has To Be This Way)
Speed Equal

Luffy:
Armstrong:
incon: 9 (@KingTempest ) (@Armorchompy ) (@MonkeyOfLife ) (@Shmooply ) (@Popted2 ) (@DaReaperMan ) (@Zackra1799 ) (@GodlyCharmander ) (@LIFE_OF_KING )

Last edited:
Armstrong's Ap: Far Above 121 Kilotons

Luffy's Ap: 243 Kilotons (i think)

This is probably a question that gets asked a lot but how good is the resistance to blunt force trauma? Also shouldn't it be damage reduction

Aight. Is this something enemies have trouble catching on to, or is it relatively intuitive? Cause Armstrong can switch to using energy projection when he figures out punching won't do much.

Aight. Is this something enemies have trouble catching on to, or is it relatively intuitive? Cause Armstrong can switch to using energy projection when he figures out punching won't do much.
Basically they don't know about it at all unless it's explained to them or they hit him with enough physical blows to switch, or they negate it from the beginning

So I doubt Armstrong'd know unless Luffy tells him, which is usually the case after a certain amount of time.

Luffy's a fair fighter, he'll probably let him know "you can't hurt me with punches"

Ah, well, that's convenient. Armstrong has got really good endurance so he should be in good condition by the time that happens, after all he's got his own way to lessen damage with nanomachines (son)

Luffy at this point just does punches and kicks so I guess armstrong'll be fine for the most part

Yeah you can hurt him through them but it's chip damage, when Jetstream Sam managed to get an attack off on an area no protected the nanomachines (with a speed amp i think) he could cut Armstrong's arm off while normally he couldn't even make him bleed.

Does this Luffy scale to the 1 x 10^9 ton LS feat or the 3.1 x 10^11 ton one?

Armstrong also upscales a fuckton from it if that helps

How does Luffy handle grappling, actually? Would elasticity prevent it if Armstrong attempted to choke him?

How does Luffy handle grappling, actually? Would elasticity prevent it if Armstrong attempted to choke him?
The amount of times Luffy has been flattened, stretched, etc, Luffy'll be fine.

Actually... it'll be very stupid to try to put him in any type of hold. Luffy would violate if he tries

Flattened isn't really the same as choked tho, if he gets elastic while Armstrong is attempting to choke him that just means even less air can pass through his throat

But eh, Armstrong's resilient enough to learn from his mistakes, why would grappling in particular be bad tho?

Flattened isn't really the same as choked tho, if he gets elastic while Armstrong is attempting to choke him that just means even less air can pass through his throat
Well

I think Luffy can get affected by blocking off/cutting off his passages to air, like shown here
anMLUor.jpeg
4M7JrX0.jpeg

So choking would work, but it needs to be capable of completely flattening his breathing area, since he stretches and flattens.

He could breathe from this on top of his heart and lungs, so not too sure choking would be effective.
But eh, Armstrong's resilient enough to learn from his mistakes, why would grappling in particular be bad tho?
Luffy reverses moves like a demon, especially moves that involve physical contact. Luffy could genuinely just choke him back

Voting Luffy, I guess. I particularly think Luffy can win by better abilities, and stronger AP, honestly. Luffy has a lot of options when it comes to a 1v1 fight, such as his Gatling Gun attacks, and BFR with Bazooka. Armstrong can probably give Luffy considerable trouble with his Energy Projection, and explosions, but Luffy has far more stamina too, so I think he is more likely to win in a long battle.

I might change the vote if one has good reasoning for Armstrong being the winner here.

Armstrong completely no sold his already casual 121 Kilotons, Luffy is barely doing shit to Armstrong and gets burnt... a lot.

BFR needs to remove Armstrong for a week, no way he isn't coming back via jet or something. I wouldn't really call him a brute either, dude sticks to what works so if energy works, he'll use energy.
Luffy reverses moves like a demon, especially moves that involve physical contact. Luffy could genuinely just choke him back
wrong scan?
Armstrong completely no sold his already casual 121 Kilotons, Luffy is barely doing shit to Armstrong and gets burnt... a lot.
bro how have you gone from Luffy low-diffs to Armstrong low-diffs in like three posts

Ah yes, ******* fire. Luffy totally doesn't resist heat enough to lolno that.

Unless it's something like plasma fire and I forgot, in which case Luffy gets deep fried.
His heat resistance during Skypiea is up to the level of melting gold and instantly incinerating wood

Gold melting ~ 1,948°F/1,064 °C, so that's the most I guess

How hot is his fire?
Armstrong scales so massively above 120 kilotons that it would probably be more fair to consider that the AP is at least comparable
Skypiea Luffy ~ Skypiea Wyper > Reject Dial = 10x Impact Dial
1 Impact Dial >>> Skypiea Nami Dura > Alabasta Nami Dura > 23.506 Kilotons

So Luffy has his scaling chain there too
BFR needs to remove Armstrong for a week, no way he isn't coming back via jet or something. I wouldn't really call him a brute either, dude sticks to what works so if energy works, he'll use energy.
Luffy sends ppl to different islands so meh
wrong scan?
Yeah wrong scan

His heat resistance during Skypiea is up to the level of melting gold and instantly incinerating wood Gold melting ~ 1,948°F/1,064 °C, so that's the most I guess How hot is his fire?

Considering Raiden no-sold plasma in his early days and Armstrong's fire harms him, 11,000 – 14,500 Fahrenheit.

His heat resistance during Skypiea is up to the level of melting gold and instantly incinerating wood

Gold melting ~ 1,948°F/1,064 °C, so that's the most I guess

How hot is his fire?
Don't think it has any specific feats but also melting gold over the surface are of a human is like, not even tier 8 so I don't think it's too relevant to tier 7 characters
Luffy sends ppl to different islands so meh
Dude's rich, he can just come back via private jet lol
Yeah wrong scan
Eh, a more practical and low-profile chokehold might be more difficult to get out of, plus attempting to grapple Armstrong just gets him hit with point-blank energy projection. Still grappling is probably not the most useful in itself considering he can't do too much with it
Considering Raiden no-sold plasma in his early days and Armstrong's fire harms him, 11,000 – 14,500 Fahrenheit.
When was that?

Don't think it has any specific feats but also melting gold over the surface are of a human is like, not even tier 8 so I don't think it's too relevant to tier 7 characters
I meant for the heat resistance
Dude's rich, he can just come back via private jet lol
That's so broken

Imagine you bfr someone and they come back in a jet
Eh, a more practical and low-profile chokehold might be more difficult to get out of, plus attempting to grapple Armstrong just gets him hit with point-blank energy projection. Still grappling is probably not the most useful in itself considering he can't do too much with it
Imma be honest

Luffy could still fight while being grappled tbh. Might just counter with a GomuGomu no Hammer mid grapple
Its ok, Raiden also scales to his own lightning
I've found a worthy foe

Armstrong no-selling Raiden, Armstrong's attacks being capable of one-shotting Raiden who is already a stonewall, Armstrong no-selling his casual 121 Kilotons.
Not too sure if we work like that here. All it means is that it's much higher than the value they regularly scale to.

Can Armstrong be KO'd? Cause Luffy doesn't really go for the kill

Back