• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sekiro AP Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
So, Bambu redid the Serpent calc and got 8-A results instead of 8-B. Simple enough revision. Everyone who's currently 8-B will become 8-A.

Since I have nothing else to say, here's a cute image of a snek.

maxresdefault.jpg

Seems good.

Big snek is love.

Big snek is life.

Big tiddy purple-haired snek lady from FATE where

Actually, how'd he get the volume of 24905.61 m^3?

Using the 470 m length and the 4.107 m height, I only get a volume of 6226.4 m^3 and a mass of 6.133004e+6 kg. And a KE of 1.622179558e+11 J, which is 38.77 tons of TNT (City Block level)

so been thinking:

I’m not sure why it uses human density instead of just taking a Mamushi snake and square cubing it up when that should be a lot more accurate
I also don’t really see why Wolf himself would scale for cutting it? That’s like saying “well bulls charge with 20 kilojoules of energy or something therefore humans are wall level for stabbing them”

Might as well mention these here as well:

Why is Genchiro Building level for using lightning?

this one is weird

1:13

That looks pretty inflated then
Looks like he’s just taking out the bottom bits and that causes the structure to collapse

4:53-4:54
is the start of the swing

image0.jpg

Looking at it then, yeah I dunno. The lightning it’s measuring is generally farther into the background which already messes speed up, it uses high end lighting values.

This is a good article on impact mechanics and the force involved in swinging a sword

Speed: High Hypersonic+ (Can deflect arrows and musket shots, even from point-blank, and can even run faster than them), higher with One Mind | Massively Hypersonic (Can react to Genichiro's natural lightning), higher with One Mind | Massively Hypersonic+ (Faster than before, can react to the Divine Dragon's attacks, which go much faster than lighting. Can react to Isshin's natural lightning and the lightning bolts in the Fountainhead Palace Grounds), higher with One Mind

This is the full animation sequence
He does very slightly swing his sword while the bullet is still in mid air in the 5th frame, but after that it instantly switches to the bullet already being deflected
You can’t really derive any speed from it just due to how it’s animated
That, and also the calc is incredibly inflated

image0.png

It’s just straight up ignoring that the bullet a) has to accelerate, and b) has to actually travel down the barrel first, which looks like a solid 2 meters almost?

Lets talk about the lightning:

https://imgur.com/a/FaUxHJq

https://imgur.com/a/cX7iLoV

Looking at it frame by frame
image0.gif

image1.gif

These frames are back to back. No in tandem movement or anything, so yeah, should be aimdodging.

Sorry for the super long post

image0.png

It’s just straight up ignoring that the bullet a) has to accelerate, and b) has to actually travel down the barrel first, which looks like a solid 2 meters almost?
Muzzle velocity is a thing, it's the speed of the projectile right where the bullet leaves the barrel after it has accelerated. Why do you think I calculated the distance between him and the tip of the barrel?

And no, it is indeed possible to initiate the full swing well after the bullet fully comes out, it's just your timing has to be impeccable and even better than the original bullet deflecting shot.

Last edited:
Looking at it then, yeah I dunno. The lightning it’s measuring is generally farther into the background which already messes speed up, it uses high end lighting values.
Also, the lightning in the shot there is actually around the same plane, you can tell because the dragon's head is actually behind the bolt.
At least in that particular shot, the difference in distance is minimal at most.

so been thinking:

I’m not sure why it uses human density instead of just taking a Mamushi snake and square cubing it up when that should be a lot more accurate
I also don’t really see why Wolf himself would scale for cutting it? That’s like saying “well bulls charge with 20 kilojoules of energy or something therefore humans are wall level for stabbing them”

Might as well mention these here as well:

Why is Genchiro Building level for using lightning?

this one is weird

1:13

Looks like he’s just taking out the bottom bits and that causes the structure to collapse

4:53-4:54
is the start of the swing

image0.jpg

This is a good article on impact mechanics and the force involved in swinging a sword

He does very slightly swing his sword while the bullet is still in mid air in the 5th frame, but after that it instantly switches to the bullet already being deflected

image0.png

Lets talk about the lightning:

https://imgur.com/a/FaUxHJq

https://imgur.com/a/cX7iLoV

Looking at it frame by frame
image0.gif

image1.gif

These frames are back to back. No in tandem movement or anything, so yeah, should be aimdodging.

Sorry for the super long post

There's another gif where Sekiro moves right as the lightning almost touches him and he doesn't use his blade to catch it.

Also, b0ss, we use Ugarik's version for the Jade Sword Swing now, not Bambu's version.

Last edited:
This was already brought up by Ugarik which Bambu then clarified

Also the value itself stems from destroying the support pillars, it's not just the bottom bits that go poof.

Actually, how'd he get the volume of 24905.61 m^3?

Using the 470 m length and the 4.107 m height, I only get a volume of 6226.4 m^3 and a mass of 6.133004e+6 kg. And a KE of 1.622179558e+11 J, which is 38.77 tons of TNT (City Block level)
I'm gonna be honest chief, you must have a different calculation for a cylinder than the rest of the world.

Regarding the guy asking "why not square cube"- good question! We could probably do that, I just didn't really think of it, and it wasn't really a method when the calc was created. I literally just changed one value in updating this. So I'll go do that real quick.

There are other really fucky things about the super long post above (comparing how Wolf brained/slaughtered the thing to a guy fighting a bull, fer example) but I'll leave that to the good folks of this thread to discuss.

I'm gonna be honest chief, you must have a different calculation for a cylinder than the rest of the world.

Regarding the guy asking "why not square cube"- good question! We could probably do that, I just didn't really think of it, and it wasn't really a method when the calc was created. I literally just changed one value in updating this. So I'll go do that real quick.

There are other really fucky things about the super long post above (comparing how Wolf brained/slaughtered the thing to a guy fighting a bull, fer example) but I'll leave that to the good folks of this thread to discuss.
I just used google's cylinder formula, used the 4.107 m height, divided it by two for radius and 470 m length as height of the cylinder. Unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:
I just used google's cylinder formula, used the 4.107 m height, divided it by two for radius and 470 m length as height of the cylinder. Unless I'm missing something.
Eh, maybe my calculator's just ******, then. Doesn't matter much since I just did the square-cube thing since that actually makes significantly more sense in this instance. Somehow its actually higher? Still 8-A, though, the revised version is in the comments of the calc.

we treat all natural lightning bolts as building level on site? ....

That might need a crt at some point
CtG lightning, yeah. That's not even like a calc we did, that's just how much energy a lightning bolt has. Mind you, tanking one is not inherently 8-C, since the energy distribution of that is weird, but using them to attack is 8-C.

Eh, maybe my calculator's just ******, then. Doesn't matter much since I just did the square-cube thing since that actually makes significantly more sense in this instance. Somehow its actually higher? Still 8-A, though, the revised version is in the comments of the calc.
Based, now add it into the blog itself.

CtG lightning, yeah. That's not even like a calc we did, that's just how much energy a lightning bolt has. Mind you, tanking one is not inherently 8-C, since the energy distribution of that is weird, but using them to attack is 8-C.
Basically you can scale to the full yield of a lightning bolt if you qualify for the following two conditions:

1. Your body needs to be in mid-air when you get struck, so that you don't get "grounded" to the ground and let the lightning bolt flow through you into the ground.

2. Your body needs to be a bloody mess, since more wounds = less resistance for the lightning to flow through and get nullified.

This is how you bypass the distribution shindig regarding lightning.

Aye, aye, done so.

Actually, you're wrong about the bullet being only visible in the fifth frame as well, and I'll show you why in a moment.

I took these shots from the youtube link itself (Frame by frame is possible if you use the < and > keys). This is the actual true scene.

As you can see in these shots, Sekiro's blade is on the right when the muzzle flash is seen and becomes even larger which thoroughly indicates the bullet having already left the muzzle AKA the end of the barrel AKA having completely left the gun (It only reaches its fastest at the outside of the muzzle after which speed drop happens as it goes further and further, honestly I don't see why we don't use bullet drop velocities for long distance dodges where the bullet is several meters away from the gun but is shown inches from the dodging person's face, it's not like the bullet just suddenly drops to Subsonic after crossing a mere 5 meters), Sekiro does not deflect to the left at least until the muzzle flash reaches its maximum size, as in, he only starts to move his blade AFTER THE MUZZLE FLASH HAS REACHED ITS BIGGEST SIZE.

Last edited:
The lightning bolt itself is 8-C, but it's not default that surviving one is 8-C and usually around 9-C. Except in special cases brought up by KLOL and DT on other threads; example is a character with 0 flesh getting struck by lightning and tanking it or something like that.

The lightning bolt itself is 8-C, but it's not default that surviving one is 8-C and usually around 9-C. Except in special cases brought up by KLOL and DT on other threads; example is a character with 0 flesh getting struck by lightning and tanking it or something like that.
It doesn't necessarily have to be zero flesh, you just need to be badly wounded is all, and I'd say Ashina's body qualifies for it. Alternatively, taking the bolt in mid-air also works, since being on the ground (And thus grounding yourself like that grounding wire in your electric plug) is usually the main culprit that actually nerfs lightning bolts as the bolt can then safely pass through the ground and dissipate most of its energy.

And there's plenty of instances where Sekiro gets battered by lightning bolts even in mid-air, so that should work too.

Last edited:
Well, now that we got all of that out of the way, any more objections to the Great Serpent's KE?

Two, one of them is just an update of the original. The original is old enough that square cube wasn't really like an actually used method.

Great. Guess that should be that then.

So, the Great Serpent needs a profile on top.

Actually shouldn't midgame Sekiro (possibly early game Sekiro) also get an LS upgrade via being able to parry (albeit taking a bit of damage) the Great Serpent's strikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back