• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sealing and Size

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this is a thing apparently?

From what I heard, we don't allow sealing up to a certain size without feats. However, what if the sealing in question has never mentioned said weakness, how do we treat this? Do we truly limit Sealing to size or not? If so this should be mentioned on the Sealing and Large Size pages.

This would also lead with us revising many files with sealing to list the max sizes of the sealing.

If said Seal has a size to how it is used, like say a human sized portal, and said being that's being sealed is Kaiju or even universe sized, I don't see why said Sealing would work.

Okay, what if it is not portal sized and seals you inside an object like the Mafuba or Wisemon sealing into his space time stones or Lucemon sealing Huanglongmon into the Earth?

it is better to use the best sealing feat the character have as we do with other haxes (like the number of people mindhaxed = the potency), as I said in the previous thread, if we assume that a sealing like the mafuba can seal anyone regardless of the size, it's pretty NLF

Unless there is enough evidence or statement

It's feats or explanation of mechanics, like for basically everything.

Welp, several types of seals involve drawing/summoning a rune some way around its target, is possible if the target if pretty big compared to the rune than the seal wouldn't work.

Wokistan said:
I Don't see why say, sealing someone out of time and space, or trapping them in a universe or whatever would even take size into consideration. Where does the idea that size matters come from?
Depend, for seal,you need to affect the things, if you don't have feat for affecting a planet sized characters, even if you can seal in another universe or a things like that you can not necessarily affect characters with this size

The size of the realm =/= you can affect characters with this size

I'm going to go there so I hope you find a compromise

I think that area typed sealings should matter dependent on certain things. For example, if there is a person that can Seal people into planet sized rooms, but has only done it to building sized people, he should still be able to seal up to beings that are planet sized.

I get that ur memeing, but just in case anyone couldn't tell, sealing needs to be shown to work on someone that is from that level of higher dimension.

Don't think Mafuba can seal beings that big, even trapping them in small objects, the attack itself is pretty small, even comoaring with a skyscraper.

The Causality said:
Depend, for seal,you need to affect the things, if you don't have feat for affecting a planet sized characters, even if you can seal in another universe or a things like that you can not necessarily affect characters with this size

The size of the realm =/= you can affect characters with this size

I'm going to go there so I hope you find a compromise
Dude, this doesn't really make sense. So say you've got your own universe at your disposal that you can teleport stuff to and just keep there. They're stuck there, sealed and all. Why would you be any less able to fit a building sized dude than a person sized dude when you've got a full universe? Even moreso for more esoteric seals, that can seal something within ideas, outside of universes, seal powers and stuff, etc.

Wokistan said:
Dude, this doesn't really make sense. So say you've got your own universe at your disposal that you can teleport stuff to and just keep there. They're stuck there, sealed and all.
Are you assuming every teleporter can teleport planets? Because that is the problem, they have to get them there somehow.

Maybe they can still ignore durability by sealing pieces or gradually seal the opponent over time (depends on the mechanism), but for the entire thing at once you would need feats, just as you would for a teleporter trying to teleport a planet.

Edit: To clarify, as said there are also mechanism that could make things work. When it comes to sealing abilities or souls, size is of course irrelevant.

Wokistan said:
Dude, this doesn't really make sense. So say you've got your own universe at your disposal that you can teleport stuff to and just keep there. They're stuck there, sealed and all. Why would you be any less able to fit a building sized dude than a person sized dude when you've got a full universe? Even moreso for more esoteric seals, that can seal something within ideas, outside of universes, seal powers and stuff, etc.
Again depend of the seal, if you seal via a portal with a "small size" you are not ready to seal it if he is Planet sized (

it's like assume that a characters can BFR a dude in an infinite space between times who demonstrate that BFR only human guys can BFR an Universal entity

You need feat

I personally think it depends on the seal. If it's a seal that turns the body into something else while sealing it, it shouldn't matter because the size of the person is changing into energy going into something else. For example the reaper death seal is smaller than Kurama but it still sealed some of it inside Minato and the seal Minato used on Kurama to seal it inside of Naruto was smaller than Kurama and Naruto as well. I'm not talking about the binding chains cause that's not considered sealing but binding

Im kinda with Wokistan on this. When has size ever been an issue for sealing hax unless stated otherwise? And this is for sealing characters who have physical forms of some kind, not say someone whos a living universe.

Saying sealing is limited by size, even if they don't have resistance to it, is like saying hax is limited by tier and that it doesnt effect higher tiered characters who don't have resistance to the hax in question, which seems pretty NLFish to me.

I agree with DT.

I will say that it depends on the ability being performed, not all sealing does the same thing.

Some sealing abilities target the person's soul and not their physical body.

Some sealing abilities ignore the size of their target, by turning them into a energy of some kind.

Some sealing abilities shrink their target when sealing them into object, so their size doesn't mean anything.

The sealing abilities that have something to do with trapping someone in a room, circle or some kinda sphere is the one that depend on size i think.

KaiserReinhardt said:
Some sealing abilities ignore the size of their target, by turning them into a energy of some kind.

Some sealing abilities shrink their target when sealing them into object, so their size doesn't mean anything.
This reasoning would imply that someone that can turn something into energy can turn any given amount of it into energy. For example if I can turn a pebble into energy I can also destroy planets by turning them into energy.

Same for shrinking. It would mean that if someone can shrink a human into a dwarf, that person could also shrink a planet into a pebble.

It doesn't really work that way. Amount and/or AoE are issues for most hax.

You can do that to small parts or possibly gradually, but all at once is not viable for everyone.

Personally, I think weaknesses and capabilities of Sealing due to size or such should only be notified on the profile if the specific source of the ability stated it. While a common ability in fiction associated with magic or specific power sources (Eg. Nen, Chakra, Spiritual Energy, etc), the conditions are often different.

There's many examples of sealing working on comparable or weaker characters no matter their physiology, like God could trap Amara in the Mark of Cain after he and the Archangels had "beaten her back", despite being all that was until God existed and built the Archangels.

There's examples where things are sealed within a person specifically, like in Naruto. And then there's also what the Time Lords have, they can "cauterize" parts of Time and Space with Axis, sealing beings in that part of the Universe, which even 5th dimensional beings can't escape.

I think really its case by case and common sense. If someone has only sealed a human, they shouldnt be able to seal something far larger unless it says they can.

@DT

The sealing that turn their target into some kinda energy and trap them into object doesn't kill them. Whenever the seal has been shown to be broken, they revert back to the way they used to be before the sealing happened. Same goes if the same sealing ability was performed on a planet, it would only turn the planet into some kinda energy, after the seal is broken the planet would revert to the same size as it used to be before the sealing happened.

Same with the shrinking sealing ability, they usually get shrinked to the same size as the interior of the object that they're being sealed into. It's works the same way as how brainiac is able to shrink a whole city and it's people into a glass like object.

Wait since were talking about sealing which types do we mean

Would this apply to power sealing or energy sealing??? It shouldn't matter the size right since the body isn't getting turned into something else I would believe

Considering how varied Sealing is in fiction in terms of actual function, I doubt we could have an umbrella term for either page even with verse equalization in mind.

I also think that DontTalkDT makes sense, but don't want us to start a massive revision project over something comparatively trivial like this. An explanation note in the Sealing page should be enough.

(We still haven't properly finished Assaltwaffle's AP project as far as I am aware, or even properly updated the "Standard Sizes" section of the Attack Potency page, which is far more important.)

A Standard Sizes for the AP section sounds like something we desperately need more eyes on.

Back