• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also Squidward's fourth wall abilities and his own dimensional travel counters Gwen BFRing or sealing him
Gwen's sealing nullify his powers and abilities, and Squidward can't using DT, since Gwen's mana will nullify him.
While Gwen's does have more hax, it's been consistently shown that she only does them after using her Energy Manipulation first. With that said, I'd say Squidward's wincon is more likely to occur first
She don't do this literally, go and watch the show again

I'll wait until both parties have shown satisfactory counter arguments to each other. Leaning towards Gwen for now due to Rex's reasoning.

She don't do this literally, go and watch the show again
I did. In Alien Force/Ultimate Alien the only combat applicable spells that she consistently uses is "Turbo"(Air Manipulation) and Teleportation(which for some reason has more than 1 spell for it), while most of them were only used once in a single episode. The same is also true for Omniverse, as her go to is still either Martial Arts and/or Energy Manipulation, with the only noteworthy spell she uses being her illusion spell.

I did. In Alien Force/Ultimate Alien the only combat applicable spells that she consistently uses is "Turbo"(Air Manipulation) and Teleportation(which for some reason has more than 1 spell for it), while most of them were only used once in a single episode.
"Turbo" literally helps her out a lot because it reflects an attack which will make her reflect Squidward's attack instantly and also a lot of times her most used ability is Sealing which makes her negate an opponent's abilities and lock them up and make them unable to escape. She literally uses Sealing in "Omniverse" more than before as she uses it to seal enemies instantly (It also literally used spells other than Illusions Creation).

"Turbo" literally helps her out a lot because it reflects an attack which will make her reflect Squidward's attack instantly and also a lot of times her most used ability is Sealing which makes her negate an opponent's abilities and lock them up and make them unable to escape. She literally uses Sealing in "Omniverse" more than before as she uses it to seal enemies instantly (It also literally used spells other than Illusions Creation).
Hmm, Sealing. Is that the one where the target is trapped in a mana bubble that negates one's powers? Cause I remember Verdona doing that but not Gwen.

She literally didn't know he was literally seeing him getting harm by Humungousaur.
Who, going off profiles, is much stronger than her. Give me an example of using sealing against a foe that is completely unknown to her.
You literally need a CRT to give it a Soul Destruction or Regeneration Negation (Low-Godly),
As I said before, you don't explicitly need Soul Destruction as an ability on profile as long as you have the npi to interact with them. Regeneration Negation also isn't needed cause Low-Godly only lets you regen from your soul, not regen your soul itself which is mid-godly. Also if you're arguing that Squid can't get past her regen this would become a stomp of Gwen cause Squid would have no wincon's.
. Is Squidward able to destroy ghosts and did he mention this in his profile? No. You would need to proof that Gwen would be destroyed considering the trailer shows that Squidward can't kill ghosts since Ghost Plankton wasn't destroyed even after he got very close, and it's funny that you contradict what is mentioned in the profiles where it is said that he only hurts them and doesn't kill them. And again living beings≠Ghost beings, Ghost is literally dead, unlike Living Beings, they are alive, so they die because of the clarinet effect, but Ghost is literally dead, so how can he kill ghosts when he does not kill Ghost Plankton.
As I noted in that post, the effects of Squids playing are inconsistent in the show. In the clip, it only caused the Ghosts pain, but it did affect them, meaning that ghosts can experience the effects of Squids playing.

Also if I haven't made it clear yet, I'm voting Mr. Tentacles for the reasons I presented.

As I said before, you don't explicitly need Soul Destruction as an ability on profile as long as you have the npi to interact with them. Regeneration Negation also isn't needed cause Low-Godly only lets you regen from your soul, not regen your soul itself which is mid-godly.
As I said before, Squidward doesn't destroy or kill a spirit, he just hurts them and even this doesn't last for long. It's not literally stated in his profile that he can destroy or kill ghosts. It's only stated that he can kill living beings, not ghost beings. It's only said that he hurts them, not kills or destroys them. Also, the NPI only allows you to interact with intangible/non-corporeal, not kill them, so Gwen will still be able to regenerate her body lol. Squidward Profiles also proves that Squidward does not exceed regen characters as both Spongebob and Patrick are still alive even after get harm by Squidward's Clarinet
As I noted in that post, the effects of Squids playing are inconsistent in the show. In the clip, it only caused the Ghosts pain, but it did affect them, meaning that ghosts can experience the effects of Squids playing.

Also if I haven't made it clear yet, I'm voting Mr. Tentacles for the reasons I presented.
You contradict what is being said in the profiles and they never even mentioned this. Also it caused them pain for a few seconds so Squidward's effect only affects a few seconds, Gwen will keep regen her body. Also Gwen only need to using mana field and she would protect herself and then seal Squidward and nullify his powers.
Also if you're arguing that Squid can't get past her regen this would become a stomp of Gwen cause Squid would have no wincon's.
Squidward can use higher AP, transmutation and memory manipulation so he can erased Gwen's memories or transform him, but Gwen still can do something before him, she has a higher speed during a fight, she will be able to easily seal him up.

As I said before, Squidward doesn't destroy or kill a spirit, he just hurts them even though they are still a suggestion. It's not literally stated in his profile that he can destroy or kill ghosts. It's only stated that he can kill living beings, not ghost beings. It's only said that he hurts them, not kills or destroys them. Also, the NPI only allows you to interact with intangible/non-corporeal, not kill them, so Gwen will still be able to regenerate her body lol.
It doesn't have to be explicitly stated in a characters npi explanation profile that the user can kill non-physical beings, just having npi is enough to be able to destroy or kill non-physical beings.
Squidward Profiles also proves that Squidward does not exceed regen characters as both Spongebob and Patrick are still alive even after get harm by Squidward's Clarinet
Both Pat and Bob have a handful of immortality's that lets them survive stuff regardless of whether their regen covers it or not, something Gwen doesn't have.
Also it caused them pain for a few seconds so Squidward's effect only affects a few seconds, Gwen will keep regen her body.
The effects last as long as his playing, so there's nothing stopping him from continuing to play until she dies.
Also Gwen only need to using mana field and she would protect herself and then seal Squidward and nullify his powers.
Same thing as her blocking it with her hands, that would require her to know that Squid's music is a treat to her for her to know to block it. Considering Squid can instantly take out his Clarinet and play by the time she realizes something is up she's already gonna be hit with the effects.
Squidward can use higher AP, transmutation and memory manipulation so he can erased Gwen's memories or transform him, but Gwen still can do something before him, she has a higher speed during a fight, she will be able to easily seal him up.
AP is gonna matter if he can't get past her regen. He doesn't use transmutation or memory manipulation in character.

Also, you should swap around the numbers in the thread title. It makes it look like Squid has 3 votes and Gwen has 5.

Thats not her using sealing and she was reacting to a stack she saw beforehand.
The seal is used several times in different ways so it can be used as shields, and she don't reacting with them bc she saw beforehand, she reacting to Necrofriggian's attack, who changed places and become invisible lol.

It doesn't have to be explicitly stated in a characters npi explanation profile that the user can kill non-physical beings, just having npi is enough to be able to destroy or kill non-physical beings.
No, it should be mentioned that they are capable of destroying souls or Regeneration Negation (Low-Godly), You are inventing an argument that was not mentioned in a personal file and it should be mentioned literally
Both Pat and Bob have a handful of immortality's that lets them survive stuff regardless of whether their regen covers it or not, something Gwen doesn't have.
Gwen has: Type 2 and 3 and Low-Godly
Patrick: has 2, 3 and Low-Godly
Spongebob: 2, 3 and Low-Godly
The effects last as long as his playing, so there's nothing stopping him from continuing to play until she dies.
It literally shows in a clip that its effect on ghosts for seconds as it does not last for a long time and this requires you to prove that this effect will make Gwen die even though it does not make both Patrick and Spongebob die
Same thing as her blocking it with her hands, that would require her to know that Squid's music is a treat to her for her to know to block it. Considering Squid can instantly take out his Clarinet and play by the time she realizes something is up she's already gonna be hit with the effects.

And does Squidward even use Clarinet immediately? Will he notice that Gwen will attack him immediately as she is able to increase her strength and speed during the fight، and he has a clear weakness, which is that he is inattentive, so he don't can reply to Gwen's abilities/attacks and may be not know that Gwen can using seal on him immediately and nullify his abilities as she started with sealing/mana abilities in her fight against Humungousaur. Also Gwen has "Regeneration" that she can survive from his Clarinet's affects.
Her luck will also help her to know that he will attack him and his clairvoyance.
AP is gonna matter if he can't get past her regen. He doesn't use transmutation or memory manipulation in character.
Still AP will help against Gwen because she has a little less than it in AP than him

No, it should be mentioned that they are capable of destroying souls or Regeneration Negation (Low-Godly), You are inventing an argument that was not mentioned in a personal file and it should be mentioned literally
If Squid can't get past her regen then Squid has no wincons and this can't be added to profiles.
Still AP will help against Gwen because she has a little less than it in AP than him
It's not gonna matter cause according to you she seals him instantly. And I don't see why you're bringing up the Snail Plasma cause it's Optional Equipment you didn't give him it in the OP and he needs to physically inject it into an opponent which isn't gonna happen here.

Either I'm right and just npi is enough to destroy souls so Squids playing is able to destroy her past what she can regen from or I'm wrong and just npi isn't enough to destroy souls which means Squid has no wincons and this is a stomp. Overall this feels like a mismatch regardless.

It's not gonna matter cause according to you she seals him instantly. And I don't see why you're bringing up the Snail Plasma cause it's Optional Equipment you didn't give him it in the OP and he needs to physically inject it into an opponent which isn't gonna happen here.
his luck will literally help him during the fight lol
  • Possibly Probability Manipulation (In SB-129, when his time machine broke down and was rendered useless, he wished to go back to Bikini Bottom, and the machine was immediately up and running again)
Sealing will only be avoided before it reaches him unless Gwen quickly catches her Speed Amplification during a fight, and Gwen will be able to get him to sleep immediately.

His luck isn't on the level of Spongbob as it only helped him once in a non-combative setting.
Does profiles mention that it's non-combative setting, because he just needed him to escape, and that's what we want in a fight, which is to escape from Gwen Sealing before she sealed him.

Back