• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tzeentch

VS

featerine

Versions: Strongest known canon versions.

Victory Conditions: KO.

State of mind: Characters will employ their usual battle strategies

Knowledge of the other character/verse: No prior knowledge of each other.

Preparation time: None.

"I do this versus because I found like 3 forums that discuss this, plus there are many fans of featherine who say that it is boundless "because yes", I think that in this forum the vs would be more fair, I would appreciate your answers and the true scale of each (even if WH40k is out of date)"

:^)

Featherine wins, because she's best girl

Uhh, as much as it pains me to say it, I think Tzee would win. He seems to have much more going for him in terms of combat capability, and from what I can tell his 1-A is much higher than Featherine's. So, yeah
As much as it hurts me, Tzeentch has my vote

Featherine wins, because she's best girl

Uhh, as much as it pains me to say it, I think Tzee would win. He seems to have much more going for him in terms of combat capability, and from what I can tell his 1-A is much higher than Featherine's. So, yeah
As much as it hurts me, Tzeentch has my vote
It is true that:
A) Faa in her true form is just as powerful as her avatars, and she can only use her true power through her avatars?

B) she was limited or had problems because she has some kind of device in her head to maintain her memories

c) I think she cannot leave the domain of the creator

D) They say that when she won in their universe she was bored to the point that she could no longer repair her heart, which is slowly rotting (or something like that)

It is true that:
A) Faa in her true form is just as powerful as her avatars, and she can only use her true power through her avatars?

B) she was limited or had problems because she has some kind of device in her head to maintain her memories

c) I think she cannot leave the domain of the creator

D) They say that when she won in their universe she was bored to the point that she could no longer repair her heart, which is slowly rotting (or something like that)
A) No. I don't particularly think her true form is combat applicable necessarily, but it isn't like she ISN'T stronger than her avatars with it. Mainly just because she hasn't used it in-canon or anything yet. Yet again, I have a lot of problems with the Umineko stuff here, but I don't want to get into that right now; hopefully it gets re-examined with the upcoming revisions to the tiering system. I'll just say that I believe her Third/Creator Domain avatar and her true form are entirely different entities altogether, because I think the Third/Creator Domain and the Kingdom of God/Heaven are two separate planes of existence in the 07th Expansion cosmos.

B) She isn't limited by that, no. It's just a device that she needs in order to retain her memories. Even trying to damage it is nigh-impossible, just because it's "fragile" to Featherine doesn't mean anything to anyone else. A sword that was able to harness the power of the conceptual form of universes was only able to put a slight chip in the memory device of Eua (an implied much weaker form of Featherine), so it's still difficult to damage, even if it technically is more fragile than any other part of her. She'll still exist if the device gets damaged, just in a different form with a different personality, and presumably different memories too.

C) Assuming you're just talking about her true form here, it isn't that she can't, it's that she's scared to. So she doesn't want to. The fear that other Voyager Witches have of losing their identity is still within her. She can still send avatars of herself down to lower worlds, each with the same level of overall power of controlling the narrative as her higher self.

D) Boredom is a big deal of her character, yes. It's a "poison" that all Witches have to put up with, that's the reason why they do bad stuff. They aren't evil for evil's sake (at least, not the Witches we're aware of, there may be more out there somewhere), they do evil in order to cure their boredom otherwise they'll die and as a result the universe would cease to have any scenarios within itself happen, since Witches are who shape the destiny of everything below them. So, they're kinda like Galactus from Marvel in the sense that (in the past, at least) he devoured planets not out of any true malicious intent, but rather he did so because he must survive in order to keep the universe alive and "give back to it" at the end. And for Featherine specifically, it's magnified greater than any other Witch, since... well, where do you go once you reach the top? She's stuck in a perpetual state of not wanting to grow bored but also being afraid to rise to any higher levels of her world because she's afraid of what will happen to her.

A) No. I don't particularly think her true form is combat applicable necessarily, but it isn't like she ISN'T stronger than her avatars with it. Mainly just because she hasn't used it in-canon or anything yet. Yet again, I have a lot of problems with the Umineko stuff here, but I don't want to get into that right now; hopefully it gets re-examined with the upcoming revisions to the tiering system. I'll just say that I believe her Third/Creator Domain avatar and her true form are entirely different entities altogether, because I think the Third/Creator Domain and the Kingdom of God/Heaven are two separate planes of existence in the 07th Expansion cosmos.

B) She isn't limited by that, no. It's just a device that she needs in order to retain her memories. Even trying to damage it is nigh-impossible, just because it's "fragile" to Featherine doesn't mean anything to anyone else. A sword that was able to harness the power of the conceptual form of universes was only able to put a slight chip in the memory device of Eua (an implied much weaker form of Featherine), so it's still difficult to damage, even if it technically is more fragile than any other part of her. She'll still exist if the device gets damaged, just in a different form with a different personality, and presumably different memories too.

C) Assuming you're just talking about her true form here, it isn't that she can't, it's that she's scared to. So she doesn't want to. The fear that other Voyager Witches have of losing their identity is still within her. She can still send avatars of herself down to lower worlds, each with the same level of overall power of controlling the narrative as her higher self.

D) Boredom is a big deal of her character, yes. It's a "poison" that all Witches have to put up with, that's the reason why they do bad stuff. They aren't evil for evil's sake (at least, not the Witches we're aware of, there may be more out there somewhere), they do evil in order to cure their boredom otherwise they'll die and as a result the universe would cease to have any scenarios within itself happen, since Witches are who shape the destiny of everything below them. So, they're kinda like Galactus from Marvel in the sense that (in the past, at least) he devoured planets not out of any true malicious intent, but rather he did so because he must survive in order to keep the universe alive and "give back to it" at the end. And for Featherine specifically, it's magnified greater than any other Witch, since... well, where do you go once you reach the top? She's stuck in a perpetual state of not wanting to grow bored but also being afraid to rise to any higher levels of her world because she's afraid of what will happen to her.
oh I see

Last edited:
oh I see, I asked those questions because I found another place where they also discussed the same topic, but they mentioned more limits that featherine has, like the one about the device on her head where they put an image where the game explains that without that device she could have problems from memory, also that the source of the powers is a single locatable point, which I believe is the human world, also about the true form that Faa has, where they confirm that in her true form she has the same power as her avatar stronger; etc... could you please review it
The site is being wonky for me right now, so I won't address any of the etcetera arguments. However I can talk about the ones you mentioned.

Yes. The memory device records her memory, it being damaged is what caused her initial freak out that was mentioned at one point in the VN. Though, as I said, she still exists after it's damaged, just in a different form with different memories.

Featherine's powers come from her "true form", which is located beyond the entirety of the Sea of Fragments. If the "point" that was mentioned was when Lambdadelta was talking to her before their confrontation, the "point" given was the memory device. And that wasn't in reference to where her powers came from. That's just the most fragile part of Featherine's being, so she was aiming at the memory device to try and bug her out. But, that didn't end up succeeding obviously.

Yes, her true form's power is the same as her avatars. But power =/= strength in this context. The Actor Entity's power is to control the plot of the universe and to assume different forms in different stories that need it, Featherine does the exact same thing. She has the same power. But the Actor Entity views Featherine as a fictional role that it temporarily took on to appease the audience, same with Ikuko. The Actor just views Featherine and Ikuko as the same amount of "fiction" to it. It is fundamentally stronger than Featherine is, but the power behind Featherine's plot manipulation is the same as the Actor Entity's.

Featherine's powers come from her "true form", which is located beyond the entirety of the Sea of Fragments. If the "point" that was mentioned was when Lambdadelta was talking to her before their confrontation, the "point" given was the memory device. And that wasn't in reference to where her powers came from. That's just the most fragile part of Featherine's being, so she was aiming at the memory device to try and bug her out. But, that didn't end up succeeding obviously.
But what would be its true form? I mean where it feeds to have its powers, according to this argument (from the link):

Featherine's power is localizable because she has power over other witches mostly because she lives on the highest location in existence that gives her authority, so she doesn't really transend time and space as she is an entirely localizable entity, her power will likely not work against Warhammer because a neutral setting wouldn't be beneath her own dimension.

The power source of the Chaos Gods is not localizable, meaning you can't 'locate' where it is in time and space, for example, the statement "1 + 1 = 2" is an abstract statement that is intelligible, you cannot touch statement "1 + 1 = 2" you cannot find in time and space, likewise the Aethyr, the source of power of the Chaos Gods is not inside a location, just like abstract statements, it has no volume, it is however omnipresent and is everywhere and nowhere and it allows you to do anything possible if you are a Chaos God or on their level.

Yes, her true form's power is the same as her avatars. But power =/= strength in this context. The Actor Entity's power is to control the plot of the universe and to assume different forms in different stories that need it, Featherine does the exact same thing. She has the same power. But the Actor Entity views Featherine as a fictional role that it temporarily took on to appease the audience, same with Ikuko. The Actor just views Featherine and Ikuko as the same amount of "fiction" to it. It is fundamentally stronger than Featherine is, but the power behind Featherine's plot manipulation is the same as the Actor Entity's.
ok that's if I didn't understand hehe 😅

But what would be its true form? I mean where it feeds to have its powers, according to this argument (from the link):

Featherine's power is localizable because she has power over other witches mostly because she lives on the highest location in existence that gives her authority, so she doesn't really transend time and space as she is an entirely localizable entity, her power will likely not work against Warhammer because a neutral setting wouldn't be beneath her own dimension.

The power source of the Chaos Gods is not localizable, meaning you can't 'locate' where it is in time and space, for example, the statement "1 + 1 = 2" is an abstract statement that is intelligible, you cannot touch statement "1 + 1 = 2" you cannot find in time and space, likewise the Aethyr, the source of power of the Chaos Gods is not inside a location, just like abstract statements, it has no volume, it is however omnipresent and is everywhere and nowhere and it allows you to do anything possible if you are a Chaos God or on their level.
Featherine transcends space-time even as her avatar lol. Sure, WTC's definition of "space-time" might be a bit different from other universes, but even normal Witches have stated to surpass time and space. Featherine is completely beyond even their measurements of it, even as an avatar. Her true form is only "locatable" to us because When They Cry operates in a meta sense.

Featherine transcends space-time even as her avatar lol. Sure, WTC's definition of "space-time" might be a bit different from other universes, but even normal Witches have stated to surpass time and space. Featherine is completely beyond even their measurements of it, even as an avatar. Her true form is only "locatable" to us because When They Cry operates in a meta sense.
What do you mean by meta sense? Is it because in the highest layer the witches, especially Featherine, see their universes as fiction?

although there are arguments from the other user, that the meta sense seems to be misinterpreted on many occasions:

If Umineko has a distinct definition of "beyond spacetime" from our universal definition of it, then that means this isn't literally beyond spacetime but a hyperbolic definition of it for a character that isn't literally beyond it.

Fiction is always rife with authors calling something, it definitely is not. We have dozens of debunked omnipotents, debunked infinite characters and debunked beyond spacetime characters, and Featherine is just one of them.

If a realm is in a distinguishable location from another realm, it is spatiotemporal, no matter how many false statements, it's contradictory, both of these cannot be true, but we choose the more concrete interpretation since anti-feats > statements.

Apparently that guy you are arguing with hasn't heard of Proof from Contradiction. And with proof from contradiction, Featherine is really spatiotemporal and localizable.

And meta-argument are nonsense, there are dozens of metafictional characters that are only finitely powerful, meta stuff is just gimicky reality warping. Metafictional characters 90% of the time can't even make themselves near-omnipotent, let alone infinite or omnipotent.

"I mean if Featherine is claimed to be beyond spacetime, why is it that her true form has to be in a certain location for her power to work? Why isn't her true form, omnipresent? How she operates contradicts the claim she is beyond spacetime, pointing out this contradiction proves she isn't beyond spatial dimensionality."

Last edited:
What do you mean by meta sense? Is it because in the highest layer the witches, especially Featherine, see their universes as fiction?
Not really. I mean meta in the sense that space and time are completely irrelevant to the conversation. Our own description of space and time as we know it is just based around our modern understanding of physics, which isn't completely infallible. The text describes them as being outside of space and time, and Witches are clearly beyond all time and space too. Hell, Battler as just a normal piece was able to bypass the concepts of distance and time to fight with Dlanor. In addition, any conceptual limitations humans have ascribed to space and time are still irrelevant to Witches, as they are the people who make concepts like that even possible, and view them as completely fictional. The text simply uses words like "located" to have it make sense to people, it's the same as something like Marvel or DC. Realistically, the gods and such of the two verses should transcend space and time, but the story still applies the human knowledge of what it means to "be" somewhere so we can understand what's going on.

If Umineko has a distinct definition of "beyond spacetime" from our universal definition of it, then that means this isn't literally beyond spacetime but a hyperbolic definition of it for a character that isn't literally beyond it.

Fiction is always rife with authors calling something, it definitely is not. We have dozens of debunked omnipotents, debunked infinite characters and debunked beyond spacetime characters, and Featherine is just one of them.

If a realm is in a distinguishable location from another realm, it is spatiotemporal, no matter how many false statements, it's contradictory, both of these cannot be true, but we choose the more concrete interpretation since anti-feats > statements.
Refer to my answer above. I think it comes from a fundamental difference between our sites tbh. VSBW and ComicVine IIRC have completely different measurements for how we do things.

Apparently that guy you are arguing with hasn't heard of Proof from Contradiction. And with proof from contradiction, Featherine is really spatiotemporal and localizable.

And meta-argument are nonsense, there are dozens of metafictional characters that are only finitely powerful, meta stuff is just gimicky reality warping. Metafictional characters 90% of the time can't even make themselves near-omnipotent, let alone infinite or omnipotent.
This would apply to every other verse then.
"Oh, well, The One Above All is said to be inside the House of Ideas. Guess that means that he isn't above time or space."
It's kind of a stupid argument IMO

It isn't really an argument tbf, I was answering some questions about Umineko. Tbh this isn't even about the original proposed debate any more, since I do still agree that Tzeen wins by this site's standards.
what about this ?:

"I mean if Featherine is claimed to be beyond spacetime, why is it that her true form has to be in a certain location for her power to work? Why isn't her true form, omnipresent? How she operates contradicts the claim she is beyond spacetime, pointing out this contradiction proves she isn't beyond spatial dimensionality."

Last edited:
what about this ?(with this should end):

Her true form doesn't have to be in a "specific location" for her power to work. The only reason the true form creates avatars is because it is an actor, that's how it keeps itself entertained. It wouldn't really be accurate to call Featherine's true form "Featherine" as, as I said previously, "Featherine" is just a role that the actor plays. So is Ikuko, and presumably Hanyuu and Eua as well. It's just more entertaining for her to use the roles in stories because that's how she gets rid of her boredom.

Also her true form supposedly is omnipresent, as it exists across the entirety of the Sea of Fragments similar to other Voyager Witches' true forms. In addition to acting as a sort of "pillar" that the universe is sustained by, etc. Beings with Immeasurable speed are already able to move outside of space and time, so it's not really that hard to see why she'd be beyond space and time. Every verse has its own description of the concepts of space and time, so you have to look at this on a case-by-case basis.

One verse might have space and time as Outerversal, another might just have it capping at Uni+. One universe may say going beyond space and time would make you higher-dimensional and place you in the Tier 1-C or 1-B ranges, while another may say you have to go beyond dimensionality as a whole to surpass it. So on and so forth, you get the idea.

Does this really matters? After the tier wank changes, Umineko is probably going to become like...The strongest non-smurf 1-A. Even ******* Battler would solo Warhammer

The wiki is going to have a change in how the tier list works, and it is going to benefit Umineko ALOT
I understand that, but what makes you think that Warhammer won't be updated too, and to the others? As I understand it, Umineko's story is finished, but Warhammer still continues the story.

sorry for the inconvenience hehe😅😅, but:

she answered you:

I mean meta in the sense that space and time are completely irrelevant to the conversation. Our own description of space and time as we know it is just based around our modern understanding of physics, which isn't completely infallible. The text describes them as being outside of space and time, and Witches are clearly beyond all time and space too. Hell, Battler as just a normal piece was able to bypass the concepts of distance and time to fight with Dlanor. In addition, any conceptual limitations humans have ascribed to space and time are still irrelevant to Witches, as they are the people who make concepts like that even possible, and view them as completely fictional. The text simply uses words like "located" to have it make sense to people, it's the same as something like Marvel or DC. Realistically, the gods and such of the two verses should transcend space and time, but the story still applies the human knowledge of what it means to "be" somewhere so we can understand what's going on.
What does our understanding of Space and Time being imperfect have anything to do with the conversation? For all you know, our real life time and space is guarded by absolute rules such that it's absolutely impossible to reality warp it, when we speak about space and time in a cross-comparison versus debate, we are concerned with a certain broad interpretation of time and space where it is a continuous set of connected, countably additive quantities and we don't go further than this, otherwise we would go nowhere. It's a waste of time. Any other discussion is irrelevant.

Oh so space and time are completely irrelevant even though Umineko characters punch and kick each other, and their power is based on the distinction of their persons in a set of entities from the other set of entities that are contained within each other via obviously physicals predicates? And they throw a finite amount of things (meaning their power works off of countable additivity). Yeah, sorry that's just nonsense.

And don't use DC and Marvel as a validation on metaphysics LMFAO, it's filled with supposedly infinite gods who can get harmed by regular planets and repeatedly get outsmarted or get their asses kicked by Superheroes, and infinite gods who "multiply" their power a finite amount of times, proving they are finite, you had Oblivion get his ass kicked by Juggernaut once, or Mandrakk's attacks being tanked by mid-tier superheroes, and the House of Ideas is a physical realm since it is a location distinguished with a relationship of distance to the regular universe.

Her true form doesn't have to be in a "specific location" for her power to work. The only reason the true form creates avatars is because it is an actor, that's how it keeps itself entertained. It wouldn't really be accurate to call Featherine's true form "Featherine" as, as I said previously, "Featherine" is just a role that the actor plays. So is Ikuko, and presumably Hanyuu and Eua as well. It's just more entertaining for her to use the roles in stories because that's how she gets rid of her boredom.
Sorry, that's unbacked by anything I heard from people who read Umineko front and back, the "True Form" Featherine is still just Featherine and is physically located in a higher realm, and is disconnected from the lower reality so she isn't even omnipresent in a true sense, she is only greater in a quantitative localizable sense.

Also her true form supposedly is omnipresent, as it exists across the entirety of the Sea of Fragments similar to other Voyager Witches' true forms. In addition to acting as a sort of "pillar" that the universe is sustained by, etc. Beings with Immeasurable speed are already able to move outside of space and time, so it's not really that hard to see why she'd be beyond space and time. Every verse has its own description of the concepts of space and time, so you have to look at this on a case-by-case basis.
If Featherine sustains anything, she sustains sub-reality infinitesimal levels of existence, which is an unquantifiable feat in a neutral setting, since neutral setting is not "infinitely smaller" than her by definition, since the levels of existence beneath her are always infinitely smaller than a finite object with a closed boundary (for example, books are closed boundaries therefore finite).

In any case, there are characters in Umineko who can surpass or rival Featherine, even without being at her physical location such as Sayo so the idea she sustains even the cosmology beneath her entirely is already internally contradicted, she also outright can't create a new Logic System, it's a narrative point that Witches can't create a new system with a different logic from what they operate and that only Sayo can do this, she isn't even a good reality warper, not an infinite one and she ain't beyond time and space.

One verse might have space and time as Outerversal, another might just have it capping at Uni+. One universe may say going beyond space and time would make you higher-dimensional and place you in the Tier 1-C or 1-B ranges, while another may say you have to go beyond dimensionality as a whole to surpass it. So on and so forth, you get the idea.
And Odin and Sentry are omnipotent and beyond spacetime YAAAAY ignoring contradictions and anti-feats is fun! To hell with taking any second thought with taking statements at face value, it's not like authors have perfect understanding of philosophy and are just regular people who are as clueless as many others on the topic.

:^

Just popping in to say that anyone who is saying that there are Umineko characters who surpass Featherine shouldn't be taken seriously with anything they are saying, especially when that take comes from ComicVine of all places.

Bye

Just popping in to say that anyone who is saying that there are Umineko characters who surpass Featherine shouldn't be taken seriously with anything they are saying, especially when that take comes from ComicVine of all places.
what abt the creator
i see a lot of people saying the creator>feath

That one is obvious, but I was refering to claims like Sayo or Battler being above her.
why ??.. could you explain ?

"she can't create a new Logic System, it's a narrative point that Witches can't create a new system with a different logic from what they operate and that only Sayo can do this, she isn't even a good reality warper, not an infinite one and she ain't beyond time and space."

:^

I know the arguments (I'm friends with the dude who made these arguments), all of that is extreme exagerations. Each Catbox we see in the series has different rules created by the GM, Beato ain't that special.

And no, there is no need for further explanations on why Featherine is the strongest character in the verse (bar Creator). Everything in the series + the author himself stated this numerous times over. Some people disliking her (which is from where these ComicVine arguments where born) doesn't change that and would never change that.

I know the arguments (I'm friends with the dude who made these arguments), all of that is extreme exagerations. Each Catbox we see in the series has different rules created by the GM, Beato ain't that special.

And no, there is no need for further explanations on why Featherine is the strongest character in the verse (bar Creator). Everything in the series + the author himself stated this numerous times over. Some people disliking her (which is from where these ComicVine arguments where born) doesn't change that and would never change that.
It is better that the series/game/novel itself demonstrates it, because if the real author states something but does not demonstrate it in the series, then what the author says would not be valid... well at least another user who knows umineko inside and out reverse (according to him) made the argument:

"And unlike them, I've actually read Umineko and have better reading comprehension than them.

Sayo temporarily accessed his true potential subconsciously and altered the magic system (logic system) of Umineko's reality, which is something stated to be on the level of Featherine. Sayo did this though despite being in a lower domain at the time and without the need of a head device.

It stating that Sayo was only "stepping into" Featherine's territory didn't mean he was weaker in that state. It meant that he only accessed that potential temporarily subconsciously and hasn't mastered it yet, meaning it's only the beginning of stepping into that power and thus stepping into Featherine's level. And even then, we know his potential surpasses Featherine because again, he doesn't need to reach the Creator's Domain to do it and doesn't need the head device. And anyone saying True Form Featherine doesn't need a head device is spouting fanfiction.

Featherine is location-dependent fodder. Sayo is not. But even Sayo has nothing to suggest he can remotely stand up to the Chaos Gods."

Believe whatever you want to believe, I guess. If you think that the words of some random on the internet (me or people from CV) take precendence over the literal word of the series and author, then you do you, I won't stop you.

Edi:

Featherine is location-dependent fodder. Sayo is not.

Also, this is really funny. Auau is location-depandant (something never even stated anywhere), but Sayo isn't. . . even tho she is a Territory Lord, who are explicitly dependent of their domain and cannot leave it.

But whatever, I'm done with this nonsense.

Back