• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scream Verse General Discussion Thread

Also, should he be in the Ghostface navbox? He isn't wearing the mask and he's never called Ghostface, not to mention the show the game is based on uses the Lakewood Slasher rather than Ghostface

Guys. I'm reading Face of Fear: Powers and Johnson novel right now. Those who have read it pls tell me (without spoilers) in this novel there will be Ghostface? That is, will there be a masked killer who calls and kills people and acts stealth. I understand that Torbert decided to write something that does not similar tnot for one Scream. And this is a detective story, but I still don't quite understand how it relates to ghostface

Guys. I'm reading Face of Fear: Powers and Johnson novel right now. Those who have read it pls tell me (without spoilers) in this novel there will be Ghostface? That is, will there be a masked killer who calls and kills people and acts stealth. I understand that Torbert decided to write something that does not similar tnot for one Scream. And this is a detective story, but I still don't quite understand how it relates to ghostface
There is a killer who wears a Ghostface mask, but they don't really make calls from what I remember

Quite a few characters wear the Ghostface mask, actually. The main character even has one in his room iirc. But there is ONE "main" Ghostface who pops up and starts killing people. Before the reveal of that one though, there's a gang that use them too

@HorrorHistory @ShockingPsychic Maybe this can change tier of whole Scream verse to street level+. So... recalc of glass breaking using new formula

Calculation of Kieran feat
I think there should be a lot of moments in Scream verse where the ghostface breaks the glass pr window and we have to calculate them all! (Okay, not all) but I think Mickey's feat when he breaks a window by throwing Cici at it and the moment in Scream 4 when Charlie or Jill throws a girl into window should be calculated using a new formula

@HorrorHistory @ShockingPsychic Maybe this can change tier of whole Scream verse to street level+. So... recalc of glass breaking using new formula

Calculation of Kieran feat
I think there should be a lot of moments in Scream verse where the ghostface breaks the glass pr window and we have to calculate them all! (Okay, not all) but I think Mickey's feat when he breaks a window by throwing Cici at it and the moment in Scream 4 when Charlie or Jill throws a girl into window should be calculated using a new formula
I made a calculation for when Charlie throws Marnie through the glass door.

Yeah I always felt like that's always been a downplay. Like Amber should most definitely have Peak Human stamina for getting up only a couple minutes after literally being engulfed in flames.
To be fair, adrenaline is a very effective drug

I don't know if we really have much evidence for Peak Human aside from Roman and Amber's fakeout deaths

I don't understand something. Why many characters don't have superhuman combat and reactions? Roman have superhuman c/r speed>>>Sidney traded blows with Roman and have superhuman c/r speed>>>Nancy Loomis can keep up with Sidney in combat (But for some reason she doesn't have superhuman c/r speed)

>Charlie can keep up with Sidney in combat (But for some reason he doesn't have superhuman c/r speed)
1:43

>Quinn can keep up with Gale (who also have superhuman c/r speed) in combat (But for some reason she doesn't have superhuman c/r speed)
3:21

>I'm too lazy to describe everything in detail further, but Tara can punch Gale
>Tara and Sam foght with Quin, Ethan and Wayne. Maybe some moments are not suitable for the characters to get superhuman c/r speed. Then explain to me why these characters can't have superhuman c/r speed

I feel like the reason Roman Billy and Stu have superhuman is because they can actually fight with the main cast in combat. The other killers rely on stealth rather then there overall speed.

Nancy Loomis can keep up with Sidney in combat (But for some reason she doesn't have superhuman c/r speed)
I said it in the crt, but Mickey or Nancy don’t “keep up with her in combat”. Most people refer to them outrunning or catching up to her, which is travel speed, not c/r speed. Both Mickey and Nancy were blitzed by Sidney multiple times and didn’t even land a single hit on her.
Charlie can keep up with Sidney in combat (But for some reason he doesn't have superhuman c/r speed)
I guess that’s true. I mean I’m still skeptical on whether or not we count S4-5 Sid out of prime or not.
Quinn can keep up with Gale (who also have superhuman c/r speed) in combat (But for some reason she doesn't have superhuman c/r speed)
Quinn relied on stealth to get any stab in on Gale. Her first like 3 attempts to stab her were easily dodged by Gale, and Quinn only managed to get a stab in when she used stealth or caught Gale by surprise.
I'm too lazy to describe everything in detail further, but Tara can punch Gale
Tara just punched her when she was looking the other direction towards Sam, who also miserably failed at trying to punch her.

So you're counting Sidney from scream 4-5 is not prime. Then why do you think that Sidney from 1th part in her prime (which has no experience) and she is clearly inferior to herself from the 3th, and therefore Stu and Billy have superhuman c/r speed? Sidney's physical characteristics have clearly improved since scream 1. Because in scream she barely coped with the wounded Stu and Billy, and in scream 3 she traded blows with Roman. I think we need to scale superhuman c/r speed for Stu and Billy not from Sidney, but from Gail (who was kicked by Billy)

Sidney's physical characteristics have clearly improved since scream 1.
I don’t see how her physical characteristics improved. Nothing implies that except she’s just a better survivor a lot smarter than before, and there’s no proof she got stronger, unless there’s a piece of media I missed out on.

Scream’s lifting strength is weird. Characters like Richie, do we really think he’s Athletic Human for overpowering someone? Like that’s something pretty much anyone can do, and the fact that Wes was caught off guard as well. Is anything feats like those are Above Average Human. Even people like Joe Goldberg is only Above Average Human for lifting and overpowering people.

And other one’s like Mickey or even Jill. Just lifting average people which likely wouldn’t even warrant Athletic Human.

Even the Ghostface’s from the Ghost Face fun world game. Athletic Human for overpowering adults is weird.

Scream’s lifting strength is weird. Characters like Richie, do we really think he’s Athletic Human for overpowering someone? Like that’s something pretty much anyone can do, and the fact that Wes was caught off guard as well. Is anything feats like those are Above Average Human. Even people like Joe Goldberg is only Above Average Human for lifting and overpowering people.

And other one’s like Mickey or even Jill. Just lifting average people which likely wouldn’t even warrant Athletic Human.

Even the Ghostface’s from the Ghost Face fun world game. Athletic Human for overpowering adults is weird.
Mickey didn't just lift Cici. 1. He threw her hard enough that she broke window 2. Later he threw her from the balcony (if you look frame-by-frame or at a speed of 0.25, then you can understand that he threw her a decent distance). He slammed detective to car window several times and threw him

I think only certain Ghostface's should have athletic LS and all the GF should be re evaluated based on there feats.

I think only certain Ghostface's should have athletic LS and all the GF should be re evaluated based on there feats.
Killers like Richie, Jill, and Wayne should just be “Above Average Human”. Same thing for characters like Sam and Tara. Other killers/protagonists have feats that put them at most around Athletic Human.

I would say it scales only to Billy, Stu and Roman.
Wouldn't it also scale to whoever can harm Gale, like Charlie and Quinn?

Killers like Richie, Jill, and Wayne should just be “Above Average Human”. Same thing for characters like Sam and Tara. Other killers/protagonists have feats that put them at most around Athletic Human.
I think this goes back to the scaling chain idea, Jill should scale to Sidney, Wayne to Sam, etc

Wouldn't it also scale to whoever can harm Gale, like Charlie and Quinn?
Charlie and Quinn only harm Gale with their knives which is piercing damage, so they don’t exactly scale to her.
I think this goes back to the scaling chain idea, Jill should scale to Sidney, Wayne to Sam, etc
Sidney massively downscales from other killers who can easily overpower her, and Jill scales to a weakened Sidney, meaning she doesn’t scale to a Sidney who can barely resist the strength from other killers

Sam has basically no feats of Lifting Strength except for scaling to people like Richie and Wayne who’s feats are Above Average at max.

Back