• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP: SCP-076 and God Tiers Upgrade

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Okay, this is gonna be a lot of reading so bear with me.

God Tiers:

This part is gonna revolve heavily around Vision at Betar and Chapter 1: Verse 1, so if you'd like to give them a read i'd recommend it, but if not the excerpts will be here.

• The Low Elder Gods (Yaldabaoth, Mekhane, Hanged King, etc.) = 11-D (High 1-C)
Nothing to change here at the moment, just something to serve as a basis for our scaling.

• Yesod with Faces/The Six Lower Taproots of the Tree of Knowledge (True-Record, Succession-of-Peoples, Arts-of-Fiction, Home-of-Word-men, House-of-Small-Gods, and Forgotten-Tales)
Yesod with Faces and the Six Taproots are on the same level as the Lower Elder Gods
"Speak-With-Self's words opened up a tear which wept, and upon stepping through I was draped in its ragged truth and saw the gods who wore facets, for they are of the scarred sphere with many faces. These faces bellowed long-songs, and engaged in debate at length with each other, and the meanings of them I could not understand. Upon the many brows was inscribed the name "Yesod-With-Faces", for they were the foundation of what was above. It [Yesod-With-Faces] was pierced through by seven taproots, and their way-names were True-Record, Succession-of-Peoples, Arts-of-Fiction, Home-of-Word-men, House-of-Small-Gods, and Forgotten-Tales.
... These roots led up to Knowledge, which towered above Yesod-With-Faces, and in this formed the foundation of a mighty tree, and I realized that the gods who did not wear facets were scattered amongst the lesser roots and old Ways, and this was the cause of their dissolution."
  • Gift Taproot/Tree of Knowledge/Library = High 1-C (11-D)
The Gift Taproot is beyond the Lower Gods
"The seventh's true name was not to be uttered, for it was beyond the tongues of gods to pronounce, but it had been called Gift once."
The Library is the core of the Tree of Knowledge, the source of all the Taproots of Yesod with Faces
"After passing through the lands of the dead, my journey on the taproot came to an end at its source, and I came to the core of the Tree.
Here I found the seat of all Knowledge, a place where all wanderers come to rest. Within this realm was all knowledge that is and is not, and all that was and was not, and all that will be, and will not be. Amongst its words reclined many gods, and many mortal beings studied at their feet. They were all pilgrims, come to the seat of all Knowledge so that they might learn. The stores of knowledge were guarded by a great legion of keepers: blind Archivists, and Docents with their lanterns, and the Pages that swing between the shelves."
  • Brothers Death/Eternal House of Death/Lands of the Dead = Low 1-B (12-D)
The Brothers created and transcend the Tree of Knowledge
"The light grew in the sight of the All-Death and became fire. As fire it burned and spread outwards, and with the fire came a song: a song of the hammer-beat of creation's forge, the roaring of nuclear bellows, the crystal choirs of quarks, the somber tones of gravity wells, the shimmering waves of plasma cast off of infant stars.
... Within the fire now could be seen the faint outlines of trunk and root and branches, as if made of the finest crystal. The fire flowed through the tree and within the tree and around the tree, and the song was carried ever louder through the shining branches and strong roots. ... The Eldest rose, and towered over his brothers. His countenance was as dark as the void of his birth and his robes as white as the same. Above his head, shadows swirled about in the dark vaults of the heavens ― the first of the elder gods kicked in their womb, and likewise in the abyss beneath his feet they swam. The tree grew tall and broad, shone bright and sang loud.

"Come, brothers," the Eldest said. "Let us go to our halls and take up our residence there. A great work awaits us."

There was agreement between the Great and the Small, and the Brothers Three passed from the light of the tree into shadow.

Later, there was the click of sensible heels, and a woman stepped out of the darkness. She beheld the tree for a moment, before stepping into its light and passing beyond.

The tree grew strong, and the vaults of heaven and the depths of the abyss gave birth.

This is how creation came about.
The Brothers hold dominion over all that the Tree of Knowledge encompasses
"I came upon the Eternal House of Death, that which separates the lower parts of the Tree from the higher. Here I rested for a time, and leaned against the doorpost. Death came to the door and spoke to me "You rest against the doorpost of the Eternal House of Death. Have you no fear of our might?"
I answered: "Nay, sir, I have no fear of you or your brothers, for I have seen you at Betar, and know your power. I do not fear you, for I know your power is utter."

Death said: "Aye, our domain is all things that exist within the shade of the Tree, and within its branches, and within its roots. You are wise, mortal. I will permit you to rest against the doorpost of the house of my brothers.""
The Lands of the Dead are on the same level as the Brothers Death
"When my rest had ended, I passed through the gate and resumed my wandering. Up the taproot I travelled, and passed through the realms of the dead. They remained on the grounds of the Eternal House of Death, and under the watch of the brothers, and so will remain when all else ends.
Of those realms there are many, but these were all but children of the older lands, of which there were three. I asked Speaks-With-Self if it knew the number of those who lived in those lands, and it responded "There are many, but there are many who have been waylaid by the King."

I thought then of the blood of Betar, and the eagle with bronze wings, and I wept.

"There is no Way to enter," I said.

"No," said Speaks-With-Self. "There are ways to enter. But there are no Ways to leave. Those paths have been severed, to protect the lands of the dead from what is to come."

I tarried little in the lands of the dead, for the peace pained me, and I wept long after having passed them on the Way.

Of the three great lands, they were these, in short:

Of the first was the Land of Glory. It was empty, but it would in time be filled, when the brothers claim all things.

Of the second was the Land of Valor, and it was filled with great deeds and mighty heroes.

Of the third was the Land of Kindness, and it was too painful for me to look upon it."
  • He-Who-Made-Light and He-Who-Made-Dark = Low 1-B (12-D)
Created the Light, the Darkness Above, and the Darkness Beneath
"Then there was light.
The light separated the Darkness Above from the Darkness Beneath, and there was disparity between them. Between the darkness and the light there was also disparity, and shadows flickered therein.

The light shone in the darkness, and was not overcome. Likewise the darkness was not destroyed, but given form both Above and Below.

From the darkness came the Eldest, the All-Death. He came from the darkness and was of the darkness and was the darkness, and nothing to come might pass beyond him. Vast and mighty was he, that no other might comprehend the reach of his arm, or the length of his gaze."

He-Who-Made-Dark and He-Who-Made-Light are extradimensional entities (As stated in SCP-435's Addendum), SCP-435-2 is He-Who-Made-Dark's shadow in the universe, and the entries fit perfectly with the creation of The Darkness Above and the Darkness Beneath:

"The light (He-Who-Made-Light) shone in the darkness, and was not overcome. Likewise the darkness was not destroyed, but given form both Above (He-Who-Made-Dark) and Below (SCP-435-2)."

HWML not being overcome referencing the fight between the brothers referenced in both Chapter 1: Verse 1 and 435's Addendum, in which HWML won the fight.
  • ALEXYLVA = 1-B (13-D)
Transcendent of both the Library and the Domain of the Brothers Death
"Speaks-With-Self, who had not spoken in some time, now uttered these words:
"You have knowledge, both of the Serpent and of Death, but do you have methods in which to apply it? The Ways of ascent are treacherous, and you will need all of your arts to pass forward."

I agreed with this, and acted then to meditate on what I had learned in my wanderings. I sat at the foot of the Great Voice, and listened to its gentle whisper in copper and iron.

In time, I understood, and I passed through the Twin Gates as I began the ascent.

I came upon a throne, upon which sat a Secret, and the Secret was ALEXYLVA. Upon the feet of the secret was written ALEXYLVA, and upon its left hand was written ALEXYLVA, and upon its right hand was written ALEXYLVA, and upon its forehead was written ALEXYLVA, and from the Secret's spirit, which was ALEXYLVA, which was hidden from the Secret by means of a wight-lock whose key was ALEXYLVA. The spirit whispered in a stream, which flowed through the lock that was ALEXYLVA. I gathered the stream into the word-womb of Speaks-With-Self and stoppered it with a secret, and the secret that was whispered was ALEXYLVA."
  • High Elder Gods = 1-B (14-D)
Transcendent of ALEXYLVA, the Library, and the Domain of the Brothers Death, the power of the three combined can only last moment in their presence, and their power is so great that they can easily destroy the Tree of Knowledge
"The Way now was only one, and it was a treacherous path. With fortitude and wisdom, I managed to reach its end. Upon the summit, upon the uppermost Way, I beheld the visages of the elder gods: the Secret's spirit within the word-womb protected my sight, for I would have been struck down without. I was dwarfed in their presence: each was crowned with itself, a crown without facet or flaw or change. Here stood the oldest, those that would span the entirety of creation, who could be called upon in any realm lower, for their power ran deep, and they were mighty to behold. They were slow to act, and subtle in action, for they knew their power, and withheld their full might, lest they destroy those lower regions of the Tree.
I can describe little more: the wisdom of the secret ALEXYLVA, the teachings of the Serpent's Library, and the gifts of Death could not avail me for more than a few moments in the glory of the elder gods."
Transcend the Nothingness that existed before the primordial chaos before creation
"Of my descent from the home of the elder gods, I will say little: the horrors of those twisted Ways and hellish realms are fit only for the King and his servants.
I fell from the Light, and the summit of the uppermost Way, and there was Nothing. There was Nothing, and I knew fear.

My mind left me in the Nothing, burned away from my soul. I tore Speaks-With-Self from its place at my side and ate it. I did this to protect it from what was to become of it, and I was inured to its screams.

I passed from Nothing to Something, into the dregs of primordial chaos that existed before. Here I found the other elder gods, and they were terrible to behold, scabbling at the foot of the King's first throne. My wisdom fled me, my gifts were of no avail under the gaze of those cruel, unthinking gods. As I passed, they sought domination of me, for that is their only goal. They fought in mindless rage over possession of me, and so they retreated enough for me to pass from their home and fall further.

To witness gods of such scope move to such an extent, I knew that untold epochs were passing me, but the horror was lost upon me. All things were lost upon me."
  • The All-Mighty = 1-B (15-D)
Transcend the High Elder Gods
"I could go no farther beyond the elder gods, and the Light I saw beyond my grasp remained ever thus. Thus it is said "He knew the length of his arms," and also "He stood in the shadow of the All-Mighty."
  • 001 Swann = 1-B (16-D) for transcending The All-Mighty
SCP-076:

• Names to Add Hevel, The Butcher of the West, Ab-Leshal, The First Sword of Daevon, Protector and Shield of the People of the Valley, The Great Traitor, Breaker of the Bronze God
  • Low-Godly Rege
GoC Entry
http://www.scp-wiki.net/goc-supplemental-threat-entities
"Component Baker-Two is capable of regenerating Component Able from any remains, and of reforming it should all remains be destroyed."
Beneath Two Trees Excerpt
http://www.scp-wiki.net/beneath-two-trees
"Hevel's spirit returned to his body after five days, for in those days the perilous Ways between the lands of the living and the lands of the dead could still be walked by the heroes of men. But his return was not met with rejoicing; he remained distant from his family and friends, and was of dark demeanor. The entire People, seeing that their future chief banished and their champion now trapped by despair, and hearing rumors to the east of the Daevas growing ever stronger and reaching ever further west, cried out in pain."
  • Multiverse level Hax via the Bloom/Thor
The Bloom can destroy the entire multiverse
http://www.scp-wiki.net/incident-zero-part-2
"Given the time constraints, I didn't feel that I had time to get into the whole 'trans-universal flower' and 'multiversal observer' aspects of the artifact," Ten said calmly. "All everyone else needs to know right now is that the Bloom seems to be the separation point between several different versions of possibility. The Bloom itself is the most existentially stable point on the planet, which is why we placed our last-resort species recovery system right on top of it.

"Unfortunately," Ten continued, "Yellowstone Mountain happened to also be a massive megavolcano which is tectonically unstable and is overdue to erupt, which is why… Dr. Null… was assigned to find a way to duplicate the Bloom's protective effects elsewhere, in the hopes of either moving or duplicating it at a more stable position. Unfortunately, something seems to have gone wrong. Rather than holding different parallel universes apart, the Bloom is now drawing them together."

"There weren't Scranton Reality Anchors around this thing?" Nine asked.

"The Scranton Reality Anchors around that 'thing' are the only reason why our universe hasn't already vanished," Ten explained. "If I may?"

He tapped a control on his keyboard, and an image appeared on the screen behind him. "This is a false-color representation of the current mathematical reality," he said. "The blue spheres represent adjunct timelines and Schroedinger-type uncertainties. The yellow spirals represent the separate universes and timelines. This image was taken over the course of the past year at one of our temporal research facilities" He tapped a control, and the image began to move. "And now a live feed."

The image, which had previously been mostly static, now swirled and bubbled, like yellow flowers floating in a sea of foam. Slowly, but inexorably, the flowers were starting to come together. "Timelines are like protons and antiprotons," Ten explained. "When two separate but incompatible realities intersect, the result is mutual annihilation. With The Bloom drawing neighboring realities towards ours, the end result is obvious."

Ten tapped a control, and the words "PROJECTED SEQUENCE OF EVENTS" appeared on the top of the screen. "The first intersection of universes will result in collapse of the space-time membranes that surround our reality. Causality will cease to exist. Events will no longer be distinct moments in time. Where Schroedinger's famous cat was once alive and dead simultaneously, there will now be two cats, one alive one dead, both coexisting. This obviously cannot be possible, so both cats will be mutually annihilated."

Ten grimaced. "This annihilation reaction will result in the release of unimaginable amounts of energy. The resulting energy will accelerate the convergence process, drawing even more parallel universes together at an ever-quickening rate." On the screen, the flowers folded into each other, swirled, and vanished into grey foam, until nothing else existed. "And that," Ten said, "will be it."

"ZK-Class Reality Failure Scenario," One said.
076 reset the multiverse using the Bloom, transforming it into the Thorn
http://www.scp-wiki.net/incident-zero-part-5
"Able passed under the gates of pearl and fire and entered the chamber of the Bloom. His dead eyes beheld the text inscribed upon The Bloom in runes deeper than a man's arm, burning like gold upon the glassy petals that spanned universes.

A cruel smile touched his thin lips.

He laughed as he raised his hand above his head. The sword that burst forth stretched from his fingertips all the way to the stars, and beyond. It swallowed up all light that fell upon it, sang of death and the silent tomb, smelled of the void between worlds, devoured light and heat and life and hope…

He slashed down once, and the blade sliced through the gleaming petals and embedded itself deep into the heart of The Bloom.

… and somewhere, a man sitting before a computer screen depicting a black-and-white map of the world blinked, and a green icon marked "SCP-2000 Facility" appeared in Yellowstone National Park. And it had always been so.

… and somewhere, a man watched as a flickering video feed recorded the panicked last words of a woman running screaming down a flight of infinite stairs. And it had always been so.

… and somewhere, three men in orange jumpsuits carefully stepped out of a chamber that stank of blood and shit, eyes locked upon the thing that stood in the corner, not daring to blink until two men in white uniforms and body armor slammed the door shut. And it had always been so.

… and somewhere, a new set of stone statues were carefully catalogued and put away in their safe by a blind man, working entirely by touch. And it had always been so.

… and somewhere, a white-coated researcher watched dispassionately as an emaciated woman in orange wept bitter tears as hunger and exhaustion finally took her life, mourning the child she had not known. And it had always been so.

… and somewhere, a plate with a perfectly cooked chateaubriand roast was placed into an MRI scanner, its internal structure carefully catalogued, along with the mumbling of the man whom it had been taken from. And it had always been so.

… and somewhere, the torn-up body parts of an unfortunate Japanese woman were placed into the crematorium, as a Buddhist priest chanted solemnly before a small altar upon which her photograph and several offerings for her unfortunate soul were placed. And it had always been so.

… and somewhere, a tired worker closed up the crate on a set of tactical equipment, including a UV light projector. Scanning the serial number, he entered it into the system as "Combat Gear, Surplus." And it had always been so.

… and somewhere, a man sitting at a computer keyboard carefully studied the words on the screen. Deleted some. Typed in others. Hit the "Save" button once he was done.

And it had always been so.

For none existed in the world who remembered otherwise…

… except one.

O5-10 opened her eyes. She picked up the phone on her desk and pressed a single button.

"We need to talk," she said.

One found Ten standing silently before the great, black cone, embedded point down into the magma chambers under Yellowstone National Park's famous geysers. As always, the Thorn was silent, inscrutable, black as the void, devouring all light that fell upon it. "Is there a reason you asked me to meet you here?" he asked.

"Yes," Ten said. "I'm going to ask you a simple question, and I want a simple answer." She turned to face the other member of the Overseer Council. "How long ago did the Daeva Civilization fall?"

One opened his mouth. Then frowned. He swallowed hard, brow furrowed, jaw working.

"I'm going to ask another question," Ten said. "Is SCP-343 God or not?"

"Well, of course…" One's voice trailed off again. A look of panicked realization.

"Final Question," Ten whispered. "What is SCP-001?"

One remained silent.

Ten nodded. This was the moment she had been prepared for but had never expected to come. "TK-Class Scenario," she said. "Broken Timeline."

The four members of the Overseer Council who met in Ten's office a month later were the only ones who knew about The Thorn… or what Ten insisted should be called "The Bloom."

"According to my investigations, there is a 95% change that the TK event took place here, when nearly half of the Omega-Seven operatives were killed," she said, pointing to a hashmark drawn on her timeline of events. "The official version of events recorded is that SCP-076-2 was responsible for their deaths, but the sequence of events as provided by the survivors have never lined up properly. Neither has SCP-076-2 ever given any explanation as to his actions.

"In addition," Ten continued, "there is the issue of an agent listed in official records only as A.A., with all official records of his full name lost or otherwise corrupted. Despite being later responsible both for his death and the death of his former lover, the sequence of events that led to his… transformation… are hazy at best, with multiple conflicting accounts present.

"All of this evidence leads to one conclusion: at some point in the recent past, a massive CK-Class restructuring took place that resulted in the breaking and repair of the timeline. But like a broken vase, the repaired timeline is… flawed. Look closely enough, and the cracks are evident. Events that don't line up. Things that happened without a cause. Mysteries left unsolved, not because the answer isn't known, but because we don't even know to ask the question."

One nodded. "And you say that this was the result of… this thing that you call The Bloom… activating?"

"No," Ten said. "The Bloom, as far as we know it, does not repair timelines. It resets them. To continue the broken vase analogy, activating The Bloom would be like throwing away the broken vase and making a new one: mostly identical, but with some subtle differences. This… this should be impossible."
076 transformed the Bloom into the Thorn and draws power from the same source as/directly from the Bloom with his weapons
"What does Able have to do with this?" Ten wondered.
"Well… it was an observation that crossed my desk the other day. Ever since the death of Omega-Seven, SCP-076-2 has not manifested its blades since. Not once," Two explained. "And then there was the thought I had that it was an interesting coincidence that its blades were so similar to the substance that makes up The Thorn. My working hypothesis had been that Able's blades were somehow drawn from the same source as The Thorn, or maybe The Thorn itself. But if what you say is true, and this "Bloom" was somehow altered into the Thorn about the same time that most of Mobile Task Force Omega-7 was killed in an incident that took place nearby…"

"You think that Able was responsible for transforming The Bloom into The Thorn?" Ten wondered.
  • Hevel-Ab-Leshal, 076's High 1-C Form
Ab-Leshal is Hevel/Able after absorbing power from the Scarlet King, transforming him into a powerful, bloodthirsty monster. He fought alongside the King's army of Leviathans in a battle that resulted in Hakhana (Mekhane) being shattered, Nahash the Serpent (Satan) fleeing in terror, and the Tree of Knowledge being damaged.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/beneath-two-trees

"Qayin, hearing of the doom that was to come to the People, returned to his home, and was met there by the Butcher. Here, Qayin saw with horror that Ab-Leshal was in truth his brother Hevel, who in vanity had sworn himself to the dark gods of the Daevas and drunk deep of their black magics. Qayin once more took up a stone to slay his brother, and for this Ab-Leshal tore off his arms, first the right, and then the left.

Ab-Leshal then set upon the valley and the People with his legions and sorceries and war-beasts, and all the might of the Daevas was shown. The People were slaughtered, even the elder Adam and Hawwah. Hakhana, the Voice Who Spoke For God, was shattered, her body broken and looted. The Tree of Life stolen away, and the Tree of Knowledge set to flame. Nahash the Serpent fled, first to the space-tower at Babel, and later on to the Library, where he remained in penance for his part in these things. The garden in the desert was reduced to ash, and those who were not killed were placed in chains, led back to the slave pits of the Daevas."
This Battle is also referenced in Dust and Blood
http://www.scp-wiki.net/dust-and-blood
"It shall not be said that the King was unopposed in his conquests. Many gods and heroes among mortals struck back at the invasions of their worlds, serving under countless banners. But they fell, in time, and their ages are past, and they are as blood and dust.

The King and his armies approach the Taproots, the center worlds, in all his wrath, and all his hate, and all his spite. He reaches out to corrupt and consume and destroy. Even now his presence is felt. Time slips away. The Brass Goddess is broken, the Serpent has fled."
Ab-Leshal later defeated Moloch, a Lower Elder God in service to the Scarlet King and caused 'The Flood', which reset time on a full multiversal scale to prevent the Scarlet King from being unleashed in the first place.
"Ab-Leshal had returned in triumph, but it was not to last. That part of him which was Hevel, who had played in the shadow of the Trees, who had loved his brothers and protected the People, still lived in his blackened soul, and this drove him mad. He struck back against the Daevas whom had enslaved him, and with rage and fury cut down their idols, and slaughtered their priest-kings, and brought ruin to their city. The god Moloch, the Horned King Crowned in Shame, stood to face Hevel-Ab-Leshal, and he too was defeated, rendered a sickly shade of his own power. Elsewhere, the subjugated peoples of the world, who saw the end that was at hand, struck back at the Daevas, to sow the world with Daevite blood.
Hevel, son of Adam, who had cast down the gods of Daevon, raised his voice in challenge to the Scarlet King.

And the Scarlet King answered him.

Hevel, son of Adam, took up his sword, and the floodgates of the sky opened up with a Flood that would wipe time itself clean."
So in Short:

Library is Low 1-B

Brothers Death are Low 1-B, anyone above them are 1-B

076 has 2-A hax and a High 1-C form, and Low-Godly regen over time

Inb4 Azzy pulls a Khorne and nulls this thread.

I agree.

This seems reasonable. Also a little off topic but the SCP series actually seem very interesting. How would one get into it?

Brothers Death being Low 1-B for transcending creation sounds fine.

The above text does not state ALEXYLVA is infinitely stronger than or completely transcends the Brothers Death. It would still be Low 1-B.

High Elder Gods being 1-B is fine, but would be 13-D as opposed to 14-D.

The "All-Mighty" would thus be 14-D.

There is nothing to suggest Swann's proposal is actually a different entity than this vague "All-Mighty", which is likely just referring to the verse's supreme being(s), which would be Swann's proposal. So it would also be 14-D.

Rest is fine.

Seriously,how do you calculate the dimensions?A transcends B does not say that A is exactly 1-D higher than B.

Kistern said:
Seriously,how do you calculate the dimensions?A transcends B does not say that A is exactly 1-D higher than B.
Assume the absolute lowest thing you can for complete transcendence, which is a single order of infinity in most cases. This is of course just taking higher realms into account and not one character being astronomically stronger than another.

Eh, not really. Vision at Betar, Beneath Two Trees, and Crossing the Streams all make mention of The All-Mighty. Beneath two trees is the most prominent as The All-Mighty bore witness to the Flood.

Assume the absolute lowest thing you can for complete transcendence, which is a single order of infinity in most cases. This is of course just taking higher realms into account and not one character being astronomically stronger than another.

But still,transcendent is not equal to be in a exactly 1-D higher dimension.In this way, comparing the highest power in different works will depend on how many layers there are.I mean,dimensions are physical concepts,but beings described in SCPverse are somehow unlimited to physics.For example,SCP-033 destroys maths,while in a tale it is created by SCP-3125.So it's possible that SCP-3125 is in a ridiculous dimension instead of a normal digital one.I am still confused...

"But still,transcendent is not equal to be in a exactly 1-D higher dimension.In this way, comparing the highest power in different works will depend on how many layers there are."

Yes, which is again why you assume the lowest possible value if no amount of layers is stated. If a character is just said to be "faster than light", you don't arbitrarily rank him as seven trillion times FTL. You just assume he is the minimum speed required to exceed that of light.

"I mean,dimensions are physical concepts,but beings described in SCPverse are somehow unlimited to physics."

There are a plethora of characters here unbound by basic physics who barely break into Tier 2, if that. Being unbound by physical dimensions is not synonymous with being unbound completely of metaphysical analogues.

"Being unbound by physical dimensions is not synonymous with being unbound completely of metaphysical analogues."

I don't think that dimensions are metaphysical. Also,the problem goes like this:A is FTL,but B is ten times faster than A.There is also C,FTL but no one knows his accurate speed.We can not measure the speed of C,but if we use the lowest possible value,C is as fast as A while B is faster than C.The speed of C depends on other characters compared with him.Seems not so fair right?

"I don't think that dimensions are metaphysical."

Metaphysical analogues.

"Also,the problem goes like this:A is FTL,but B is ten times faster than A.There is also C,FTL but no one knows his accurate speed.We can not measure the speed of C,but if we use the lowest possible value,C is as fast as A while B is faster than C.The speed of C depends on other characters compared with him.Seems not so fair right?"

If B is 10x faster than A, who is an unknown degree FTL, we can safely assume B is FTL+ even if A is just barely FTL. If all we know about C is that he's FTL, and there is no value nor anyone to compare him to, it is completely fair that C and A get the same treatment, since there is nothing to suggest greater speeds. Assuming there is in fact something to suggest greater speeds for C, there is also no issue in the first place.

[SCP Thread]

*Hard facts and cannonical statements are presented in a reasonable and orderly fashion*

Azzy: That isn't a REAL reason to upgrade the verse...

[Warhammer thread]

*Absolutely NOTHING of substance and 0 rational thought is slapped in a thread for a petty upgrade attempt*

Also Azzy: But the GEOM IS 1-A! If you disagree, you are a heretic REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(This is a joke of course)

Yes, and there isnt a set 'Highest number' that's the point, Dr. Wondertainment created it so it could be literally any number you could think of

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, and there isnt a set 'Highest number' that's the point, Dr. Wondertainment created it so it could be literally any number you could think of
Where is this stated, though? IIRC, number of spatial dimensions is just one of the variables. That does not automatically mean it has no limit to said variables.

"Your Dr. Wondertainment's Little Big-Banger(TM) allows you to change the following settings carried over from our previous Dr. Wondertainment's Universe-in-a-Box(TM)"

This does not indicate that the parameters you can set can be literally any number. It indicates you can change said parameters. There's not even some kind of generic "the possibilities are limitless!" line or something to suggest this.

Example: This quote.

"Concerns of the material world intruded on his introspective plunge, and Magnus looked out on a world of shadows and deceit. He had passed from the realm of flesh to the realm of spirit without even thinking of it, and floated in a place without form and dimensions save any he desired to impose upon it."

Looking at the text here, I can say with 100% certainty that the only dimensions applied to this place are those Magnus chooses to impose on it, because that is directly stated by the text.

Now, I could say that because Magnus can choose the dimensions he wishes to impose on it, he could impose infinite dimensions upon the place.

Is this possible? Yes, the text doesn't rule it out. However, is it actually suggested? No, because there is nothing in the quote that actually points to this. Just that Magnus can choose to impose an arbitrary number of dimensions upon this place. Further support would be needed for the second claim to be validated.

Back