• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Also known as: Weekly vs Azzy. The lizard starts off the lowest it can be. Other than that, all bets are off. All powers are activated. Both completely willing to kill and f*** over the earth as much as possible to get it done. No way I'm linking images for this one.

(Talking to myself)

Well, remember when sleep was a thing, Caleb? Hold on to that memory.

I mean, the Horror can't inflict any notable damage to 682, but neither can 682 kill the Horror. The battle probably won't go anywhere unless the Horror actually succeeds in opening the Gate for the undimensioned Great Old Ones.

@Monarch That's the power of dem Old Gods, fam.

As for this match... Would SCP-682 be able to adapt to hurt beings such as the Dunwich Horror? I don't think so, but I may have missed something. It's been quite a while since I last visited the SCP Foundation site, after all.

Actually, can the Dunwich horror survive weaponized space-time anomalies and conceptual-level mind hax? And how does its absorption work?

@Weekly

Weaponized space-time anomalies? Very likely, given it's resistance to reality warping and stuff. Conceptual-level mind hax? Not sure. I don't recall any mind resistance feat, so it may work.

I must re-read the tale to remember correctly, but I think it worked around that everything that it touched was just... Incorporated into him. Not really clarified upon, but that's to be expected from Lovecraft.

I see...also shouldnt the page be changed to just "Resistance to Reality Warping"? I thought its impossible to have a total immunity to general reality warping.

Well if thats the case then we'll likely end up with an invisible 682 that can summon The Great Old Ones...jesus...

Conceptual manipulation's probably out of the question, seeing as the protagonists only succeed in "unmaking" the Dunwich Horror. The core of its essence is...well...

"The thing has gone forever," Armitage said. "It has been split up into what it was originally made of, and can never exist again. It was an impossibility in a normal world. Only the least fraction was really matter in any sense we know. It was like its father—and most of it has gone back to him in some vague realm or dimension outside our material universe; some vague abyss out of which only the most accursed rites of human blasphemy could ever have called him for a moment on the hills."

@Azzy Nono 682 can just make people forget entire concepts, like the concept of Russia, it doesnt erase concepts

Shrug, Dunno, now that i think about it the Horror is kinda animalistic so there's really not much there for 682 to make it forget...

Back