• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-3999 Upgrade Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I read up on the SCP-3999 article and did a little reading about it's description. I found on the SCP Explained website that SCP-3999 is LordStonefish, the author of the page, who is trying to write an SCP. The world described in the article constantly changes, with entire paragraphs being struck out to show that that idea was deleted during drafting.

Doctor Talloran is the only consistent aspect of the multiverse in the article because that was LordStoneFish's intended main character. As such, all events revolve around Talloran. What follows is a series of nonsense, deleted ideas, and LordStoneFish explaining the context behind their initial idea for the article. This culminates with Talloran killing himself, effectively killing SCP-3999, and ending the article.

According to LordStonefish themself, the article as a whole is a metaphor for their thought process and frustration from trying to figure out how to write an SCP. Note that unlike Talloran, the author did not kill themself in real life, and still occasionally contributes to the site.

This description reminded me of Ben (who's real name is djKaktus), the author and creator of SCP-3812 and the laws of it and the entire setting 3812 existed in which in turn reminded me of SCP-001 (S Andrew Swann's Proposal).

Because of this would it be acceptable to add a LordStonefish or an author key to SCP-3999's page as well as upgrading it to Outerverse Level?

Don't bump you post after 30 seconds. Due it once every 12 hours at maximum.

Also, two descriptions of events that are somewhat similar, wroten by different authors, with different, unrelated scps, that have no affiliation to the other, does not qualify for an upgrade of any kind.

Don't bump you post after 30 seconds. Due it once every 12 hours at maximum.

Also, two descriptions of events that are somewhat similar, wroten by different authors, with different, unrelated scps, that have no affiliation to the other, does not qualify for an upgrade of any kind.
Got it. Kinda new but not really. As for the second response I don't really understand. I simply make a comparison. I don't believe it entirely refute this description of 3999.

Last edited:
I do not understand what qualifies for outerversal here.

1-A | Outerverse level: Characters who can significantly affect, create and/or destroy realms or states that fully transcend infinitely-layered hierarchies and/or dimensional levels on a conceptual or existential level, normally being portrayed as entirely external abstractions that lie outside of the applications of spatiotemporal dimensionality as a constant defined by physics on any level, even compared to infinite or uncountably infinite dimensions, usually by perceiving them as akin to fiction or something similarly insignificant.

However, do note that a character can qualify for this rating even if their verse does not have an infinitely-layered or equivalent cosmology, as long as it is either stated, shown or left very obvious that the character in question already bypasses the very nature of such structures altogether, in a way that simply "stacking" more of them logically would not allow one to reach their level of power / size.”

1-A | Outerverse level: Characters who can significantly affect, create and/or destroy realms or states that fully transcend infinitely-layered hierarchies and/or dimensional levels on a conceptual or existential level, normally being portrayed as entirely external abstractions that lie outside of the applications of spatiotemporal dimensionality as a constant defined by physics on any level, even compared to infinite or uncountably infinite dimensions, usually by perceiving them as akin to fiction or something similarly insignificant.

However, do note that a character can qualify for this rating even if their verse does not have an infinitely-layered or equivalent cosmology, as long as it is either stated, shown or left very obvious that the character in question already bypasses the very nature of such structures altogether, in a way that simply "stacking" more of them logically would not allow one to reach their level of power / size.”
Uh yeah. We know the tiering system. Now how does your description for 3999 fit that?

Talloran's author avatar is 1-A, yes. But he does not appear in the article. There's no reason to add an author avatar key for every character since they aren't a massive part of the character.

Talloran's author avatar is 1-A, yes. But he does not appear in the article. There's no reason to add an author avatar key for every character since they aren't a massive part of the character.
SCP 3999 is identified as an author avatar given its new description. Talloran is his “intended main character”.

The entire point of the story is that the article as a whole is a metaphor for the writer’s thought process and frustration from trying to figure out how to write an good SCP.

Though the author has not been directly mentioned in the article like Ben is in the 3812 article, this doesn’t really take away from what 3999 actually is and how it fits within the SCP setting.

You didn't answer anything relevant
Oh! my bad bruh. When I first looked at your comment I thought you were saying that you didn’t understand what outerversal means.

Anyway it’s to be looked upon in the contents of 3999’s Author avatar place or role is within the setting. What I mean is that 3999’s view of the entirety of the The Foundation’s and Doctor Talloran’s setting as fictional since 3999’s profile is just the author avatar’s thought process and frustration from trying to figure out how to write an good SCP.

It was this author avatar that created the laws of this narrative the same way for example Ben created the laws of the narrative 3812 originally existed in.

Now Ben is an entity that is very similar to SCP 001 swans proposal, entities who exist in The alpha layer which is beyond/above the entire SCP multiverse which contain uncountably infinite dimensions, They view the whole thing as fictional and comparison. This makes them Outerversal.

The author avatar of 3999 is in the same boat as Ben.

I figured you’d understand I was trying to say in the proposal.

Sir_Ovens caught onto it quick though.

Last edited:
There's a reason Clef, Bright, and other researchers don't have 1-A keys based on their author avatars. The way SCP treats Swann entities is also very varied and not every author avatar is directly sustained by their author.

There's a reason Clef, Bright, and other researchers don't have 1-A keys based on their author avatars. The way SCP treats Swann entities is also very varied and not every author avatar is directly sustained by their author.
I never knew Clef, Bright and other researchers also has Author Avatars. Could you elaborate on this a little more? Like for instance, any SCP tales where this is shown?

Here's one with Roget.

Here's one where characters are sustained by Swann entities perpetuating their Narrative.

There are many others but I can't pull them out at the top of my head so you'll have to look up Pataphysics and search for them yourself. There are tons of SCPs that explain how Swann entities keep everything in SCP alive by simply wanting there to be more stories of them. The simple explanation is, authors keep characters alive by writing about them. When an author kills off a character, it is usually a temporary death until they are brought up again in another tale or SCP either through some form of resurrection or the author forgot they were supposed to be dead. Since such an "immortality" is so willy nilly, it is not combat applicable, nor is it worth mentioning on literally every profile.

Here's one with Roget.

Here's one where characters are sustained by Swann entities perpetuating their Narrative.

There are many others but I can't pull them out at the top of my head so you'll have to look up Pataphysics and search for them yourself. There are tons of SCPs that explain how Swann entities keep everything in SCP alive by simply wanting there to be more stories of them. The simple explanation is, authors keep characters alive by writing about them. When an author kills off a character, it is usually a temporary death until they are brought up again in another tale or SCP either through some form of resurrection or the author forgot they were supposed to be dead. Since such an "immortality" is so willy nilly, it is not combat applicable, nor is it worth mentioning on literally every profile.
Very fascinating. Thanks for this. I guess this thread can be closed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back