• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-096 VS SCP-173 GRACE

In the actual matchup between SCP-096 and SCP-173 speed wasn't equalized and so 173 would blitz 096 given the chance, though it might as well be locked by just looking at it.
Also pretty sure it was before the sun feat and a lot of other things so maybe there was a AP difference

all 173 has to do is blind 096 for a bit and it's free to keep it's distance from 096 while he acids it to death. that just seems like the most plausible end for this, at least to me. My votes for 173.

all 173 has to do is blind 096 for a bit and it's free to keep it's distance from 096 while he acids it to death. that just seems like the most plausible end for this, at least to me. My votes for 173.
I don’t know how 096 just making 173 disappear is less likely than that but okay

from re: The Statue

"Fourthly, regarding your idea to have an .aic entity observe SCP-173- yes, it has been attempted. Almost as soon as the Foundation became capable of generating artificial consciousness, in fact- and it does work. Regardless of composition, origin, or level of sapience, if a sentient entity capable of vision observes SCP-173, it will not move. However, the artificial intelligences are subject to the secondary effect I mentioned in my third point: blood and faecal matter appear in their housing medium and destroy them"

This demonstrates:
1. while being observed by something proven to stop its movement, 173 is capable of producing its waste
2. 173 can make its waste appear in places where it cannot see
Im sorry you must have read this entire scan backwards or something because that clearly is talking about MACHINES looking at it, not people... He wont do that in character, therefore irrelevant to mention.
Blind him while not being able to move? yeah clearly more plausable than the one who can move in this situation doing his standard starting move.

096 is immune to acid but everything else could still work.

Im sorry you must have read this entire scan backwards or something because that clearly is talking about MACHINES looking at it, not people... He wont do that in character, therefore irrelevant to mention.
the point is that being observed only stops his movement not his ability to spawn his waste. there is no reason to believe that only machines fail to stop him from creating waste, and if they are trying to kill each other I don't know why 173 wouldn't do this. you also asked me to show a scan where 173 produces it's waste inside of something.
Blind him while not being able to move? yeah clearly more plausable than the one who can move in this situation doing his standard starting move.
yes, I do think this is more plausible because he can blind while not being able to move, 173 will probably take a beating, and eventually cover 096's eyes with its waste, and then be able to move
096 is immune to acid but everything else could still work.
Like I said previously, the bones are vulnerable to acid when the acid is inside the bone. By spawning acid into 096's bones they become vulnerable, so 173 could kill him then.

the point is that being observed only stops his movement not his ability to spawn his waste. there is no reason to believe that only machines fail to stop him from creating waste, and if they are trying to kill each other I don't know why 173 wouldn't do this. you also asked me to show a scan where 173 produces it's waste inside of something.
Because he doesn't do it in character? 173 wont break character to kill someone, he's never done that in combat while trying to kill someone. he's only done it against machines. not in-character, therefore useless to mention in this fight.
yes, I do think this is more plausible because he can blind while not being able to move, 173 will probably take a beating, and eventually cover 096's eyes with its waste, and then be able to move
Doesn't spawn his stuff inside people, out of character.
Like I said previously, the bones are vulnerable to acid when the acid is inside the bone. By spawning acid into 096's bones they become vulnerable, so 173 could kill him then.
Still out of character.

Because he doesn't do it in character? 173 wont break character to kill someone, he's never done that in combat while trying to kill someone. he's only done it against machines. not in-character, therefore useless to mention in this fight.

Doesn't spawn his stuff inside people, out of character.

Still out of character.
173's never really had reason to do this in canon, a tall, thin, pale monster tearing into it might give it a good reason.

also what about the possibility of 096 blinking? wouldn't that just let 173 be able to go at 096's neck?

173's never really had reason to do this in canon, a tall, thin, pale monster tearing into it might give it a good reason.

also what about the possibility of 096 blinking? wouldn't that just let 173 be able to go at 096's neck?
Yeah, but it could have easily killed anyone it liked (even if they were observing them) by spawning his shit inside their bodies, and didn't do it. It's not in character for him to do that to people.

We dont know if 096 even blinks, but i also dont know if 096's innate sense to know where his target counts for him 'looking' at 173.

Bump. This is my first time contributing to a versus thread, and I don't know how to close and add.

Back