• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
In a bizarre version of It, on the faithful day Pennywise meets a child in the sewers, instead of Georgie, Scrappy-Doo is the one who meets his untimely demise, and now it is up to the Mystery Incorporated to solve the monstrous secrets of Derry.

Mystery Incorporated vs. Pennywise.

Speed Equalized (To null outrunning), Mystery Incorporated have no prior knowledge of Derry. Completely in-character.

From what I have heard the canon Pennywise doesn't have the courage weakness like his movie counterpart so how are mystery inc gonna defeat him

It does actually, idk who told you that.

Tho you still have to do the Ritual of Chüd iirc, which I guess brings the dilemma as to whether they can find resources which make them vary of it in time, before Pennywise picks them off

Last edited:
Honestly I feel Mystery Incorporated could be able to pull this off. They have way more experience dealing with supernatural stuff like this than the main cast of the IT movie. Of course experience alone might not be enough though. Not voting, just putting my opinion out.

There is a factor tbf, the Loser's Club knew far more about Derry than Mystery Inc. does

True but Velma (and Fred at times) has shown to be good at gathering information. Admittedly Pennywise’s control over Derry would make even this difficult

It does actually, idk who told you that.
Well, eh, Canon Pennywise is only weak to colective belief and courage,not bravery, as his movie counterpart (You can see the difference in both profiles too), The psych power from the kids was amped to a 1-A extent, as the kids recived help from Maturin and Gan. So I can't see the Gang winning unless they are backed Up by either of the two Gods, and have any knowledge on how to perform the ritual.

That's the notion so far, whether they can gather enough information to know how to perform the ritual while Pennywise does his usual schtick

That's the notion so far, whether they can gather enough information to know how to perform the ritual while Pennywise does his usual schtick
They will also need a psych power amped by Gan or Maturin, or they would be dead.....

In the first encounter the losers had with IT, Bill was able to psychically fight Pennywise thanks to the advice, encourage and support from the turtle, so 1-A psych power is needed.

:/

I can switch to Movie Pennywise if that's fairer

This is me slowly remembering how convoluted the book was

Meh the Lovecraftian stuff wasn't my favorite thing about that book.

Anyways switching to movie Pennywise

Back