• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scarlet Witch tier revision and abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulusboy

He/Him
AP Explanation - These feats listed here combined with her current tier justifications on her profile warrant this tier I think. Also the feat she has with Hope wasn't with prep and was almost immediately after they fought Cyclops. As a magic user it generally makes sense that her spells vary in potency and then there's writer's intent...

I'm not proposing an upgrade just a rewording of her tier.

AP: Unknown Physically (Rarely uses physicals. Has been trained by Captain America and Mockingbird. Briefly kept up with Cable). Varies with powers, typically Large Island Level (Fought against an enraged Thor, though she was injured and only able to BFR him. One-shots Dr. Doom.) up to Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level at peak and with prep (Stated that she could replicate her multiverse-wide mutant-negation feat again with enough time and a great enough source of power. Seemingly erased the Phoenix Force from existence with the help of Hope Summers. Along with her mother and Agatha Harkness, takes down the abstract being ''Chaos'' after combining their powers.)

Physical

Durability

Her durability should be: Human Level Physically. At least Large Island Level with Forcefields (Shields herself and an unconscious Thor from the Destroyer’s energy blast. Wanda blocks a blast from an angry Phoenix Powered Namor.) up to Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level at peak (Briefly shields herself from a blast made of Chaos Energy from the Abstract Entity Chaos. Should be comparable to her AP.).

• Wanda blocks a blast from an angry Phoenix Powered Namor (Avengers vs X-Men #8); this is already on her profile it's just not used as durability justification

P&A

Statistics Amplification - Wanda cast a spell that boosted the powers herself and the other Avengers tot he point they could overwhelm and defeat the Challenger (Avengers No Surrender #689). Wanda casts a spell that increases Quicksilver's powers (Avengers No Surrender #688).

Light Manipulation - Draws light from all probabilities into Spectrum (Avengers No Road Home #9)

Causality Manipulation (?) - Reverses a field of non-causality (The Avengers #235)

Final Part

Impress brought this up in another thread but I agree that we should add a note to her page to avoid scaling other characters to her because the nature of her powers inherently makes them vary and then there's writer intent on top of that which also makes her vary a lot.

Last edited:
Casually creates a barrier that restrains Colossus.
Can't be used for durability, just forcefield creation for now

Rest seems fine at a glance. And definitely agreed with the note. characters shouldn't scale from some characters due to the nature of their powers and stories.

Also causality manip seems somewhat fine to from what I understand, but will wait what others say.

I feel like she's definitely above Dr. Doom, but the gap isn't that massive.

1. She once said that Doom's magic was above hers (and Strange's), and while I think that Doom saying that she's above him is still the better of the 2 statements (not just because of Doom's greater intelligence when it comes to magic power levels, but also the fact that his narcissism means that when he says you're better than him, you're most likely better than him), it shows that it isn't a lopsided comparison.

2. Dr. Doom once channeled Order to balance her chaos (whatever that meant, that comic was a tad weird), but even if this isn't a power thing, it shows that Doom is at least comparable.

Still, she is more than likely above Doom in terms of power.

Rest of it looks fine to me.

"Doom states her power is "beyond all comprehension." - Avengers World 2015 #16" Cool and all but this bit shouldn't be used, it can be moved to her feats or something.

Rather than "up to Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level ([Reasons]) at peak" it should say "up to Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level at peak ([Reasons])". Just moving the "at peak" earlier.

The rest all I agree with, good job.

Also, her durability should be said in her profile. I know it's "popular" for glass cannon profiles like her to avoid doing so, but it is wrong to not say it. If it is something weak like Human level then so be it, maybe later in the future someone can find something that may put her at Wall level, or not, that's how it works.

So has this been sufficiently accepted to apply now?

I am fine with the above evaluations by our knowledgeable members btw.

Okay. No problem. Have fun.

Which, if any, pages do I need to unlock for you?

No problem. Tell me here when you are done.

Hello. If anyone is online I'm in the middle of editing and because I'm still relatively new to it and I need some assistance. When I added the references for her powers and abilities it began to place them in their own reference section and I'm unsure of how to fix that. Also, regarding the other feats listed here should I leave them off of the page entirely or add a feats section?

The references for P&A were appearing directly under them as opposed to the reference section. I don't think I've done anything that would cause that but that's how it's appearing on the preview.

The references for P&A were appearing directly under them as opposed to the reference section. I don't think I've done anything that would cause that but that's how it's appearing on the preview.
Oh don't worry about that, once you save it, it goes back to normal.

My revision of the page is complete if anyone would like to check for any errors before locking the page back, but beyond that, I think the thread can be closed.

Yes, you are supposed to link it at the bottom of each edits. There is a small box with summary section and that's where you are meant to link this or explain what you added.

• When applying content revisions to our wiki pages, it is required that you always provide links to the discussion threads in the external forum wherein they were accepted by the wiki staff within the edit summary boxes. It greatly helps to avoid misunderstandings when the staff are patrolling edits, as they might mistake the changes for vandalism otherwise.
This should help

The link to this thread was not posted in the edit summary box, but given that I knew of this revision, it is not a disaster.

Anyway, the edits mostly seemed fine to me when I checked. Should I close this thread, or is there something left to do here?

Okay. I will do so. Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back