• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except this is a fight to the death, hes not getting away and having a specific resistance to restraing trumps magic resistance. Albedo has a higher intellegence than him, she has helped plan out the conquest of an entire world with the help of demiurge.

Analytic doesn't help here his spells get no sold by albedos resistance to low teir magic. So he has stolen three peices of devine class gear while being attacked by a person with eqaul speed (note as op said speed equalized) and similar strength?

But can those fodder see through his lurk and use detection magic? Can they tank three consecutive killing blows

. As I stated above this is going to devolve into a war of attrition where they beat eachother senseless, albedo starts off going for the kill, kuzuma doesnt. Albedo only needs to whare down his health and strike a single killing blow, he either has to get three to peirce her armor or succesfully steal three layers of armor even though the ability pretty much grabs a random high value item or can simply grab a peice of junk/underwear. For him to win everything needs to go right one bad role on his steal and he ends up getting gimped by albedo contiuously beating on him.

"He used it consecutively in his fight against anti-generic-haired-harem-isekai-NEET-robot-ninja. It's in character. He can do spells in rush of a fight, take his fight against Griffin or Fenrir."

I don't recall NEET Robot Ninja boi bullrushing Kazuma like Albedo would? Although I don't remember much of that scene at all so might just be me.

"Magic resistance covers restraining magic, it works on Darkness who has even higher resistance than Aqua."

Yeah it's been like 2 years since I've touched Konosuba anything so I don't remember any of this and the Wiki isn't being helpful so did they ever go through what Magic Resistance actually entails?

"That isn't a better mindset, I argue Kazuma is even better, he's more analytical of the situation. That's nothing new, even fodder magicians have teleportation."

Problem is Kazuma wouldn't get chances to analyze. His Lurk, to my knowledge, still can't bypass Life Essence so he can't hide. He himself doesn't have teleportation so she still has the Mobility advantage (even if Fodder Mages have it) and analysis mid-battle is sort of Albedo's thing (Being a Level 100 Tank that's supposed to draw fire to herself. Talking from experience here, in an MMO, as a tank you need extreme situational awareness and on-the-fly analysis of the situation to see if you can tank a raid boss's attack, if you need to call for the Priest to pre-buff you, positioning yourself so you can cover for your DPS Rogue who's charged in like an idiot, etc)

Of course you don't. It's from light novel.

Magic resistance covers all magic cuz duh, it's called magic resistance for a reason. Have you played Diablo, WoW or D&D before.

Yeah, but he can do that while fighting so it isn't much of a problem. Not to mention steal needs like a single word.

Yeah Im still not seeing how he gets all this done before albedo lands a killing blow. Again the steal skill is lucked base but that doesn't mean he always gets the most powerful item.

He has the highest luck stat of the entire team and honestly his luck feats are quite ridiculous sometimes.

But I admit that Albedo has better chance here. I lost. I vote Albedo.

Beleive it or not ridiculous luck is something he shares with ainz! Though theres no stat for it on ainz side the bastard just keeps ending up in really advantagous situations and making it nearly impossible to not think hes some mastermind.

Honestly Kazuma would probably have a better chance in this matchup if he displayed more bloodlust, displayed more willingness to go CQC, and displayed more skill within CQC. Sure Albedo has the experience advantage but he has the advantage of a few megatons in AP.

With his current style, he'd try to go lurk and hide away but get bullrush'd by Albedo who sees straight through it and be all surprised. He tries stealing, realizes he only has chainmail and that Albedo's still to his knowledge fully armoured, and get smacked around by her getting pissed that he dare touch an item gifted to her from her creator.

Albedo - 6 (Milly, The pen or sword, Akreious, Emperor, Dragonpentling, shiroyashaginsan)

Kazuma - 1 (Tots Real) Though Im unsure if they are still sticking by that one....

Kazuma seriously combat style in Vol 6

"What should we do, Assistant-kun? There are too many of them! We're trapped!"

Chris quietly said with a slightly hoarse voice.

Taking a good look, there weren't any other mages aside from Rain.

With Mitsurugi leading the way, the knights drew their swords and edged closer.

The other nobles thought the match was already set, and were amusedly watching the show of the knights shooting fish in a barrel.

"Claire-san, I heard that masked man's very strong. He might be unarmed, but who knows what he'll do if we push him. I'll take him on, so please deal with the silver-haired young man with the knights."

"… Hey, Assistant-kun, why am I being treated like a boy since just now? Do I really look that much like a guy with the cloth covering my mouth?"

"The root of the issue's your slender body… Big boss, don't be depressed, now's the crucial moment."

I consoled Chris, who was noticeably saddened by my follow up remark, and faced Mitsurugi.

Mitsurugi carefully took a stance with his hands on the hilt of his magic sword and stared at me.

"Big Boss, if we take down the strongest guy, we can intimidate the others. Allow me to defeat that good for nothing cool guy in an instant. Let's break through in the confusion right after that."

"Hey, I heard that. The 'good for nothing cool guy' you mentioned is me, right? Defeat me in an instant…? I'm really being looked down upon by an unarmed man. All right, I'll show you my true…"

Before Mitsurugi finished, I raised my hand toward his magic sword.

As a high level adventurer with a top-tier job, Mitsurugi should be able to withstand my Drain Touch for quite a while, even if I managed to steal his weapon.

"This movement, are you planning to use Steal? Unfortunately, after I lost to a certain man, I now carry a lot of redundant items on my person to guard against this skill. Just give up now and…"

"Freeze."

I cut off Mitsurugi's words and used freezing magic.

It was just beginner magic, so Mitsurugi thought it was just a move to keep him in check. He continued to move cautiously against me.

I walked toward him openly…

"What are you scheming? Take this…?"

He went to perform a sword drawing strike, but was surprised when the magic sword wouldn't budge because the sheath had been frozen.

I used this chance to cover Mitsurugi's mouth and nose with my hand…!

"Create Water!"

"Guuguu?!"

Water filled Mitsurugi's mouth, and he grabbed my hand in a panic as he drowned.

"Can you admit your loss and back down?"

When he heard what I said, he shut his mouth to resist and clenched his fists…!

"Freeze!"

"Kah!"

One instant before his fist hit me, the water in his nose and mouth froze into ice. He shivered violently.

https://cgtranslations.me/2018/01/10/konosuba-volume-6-chapter-5/

How does this help him? Hes going to fill albedos mouth and nose with water (through a full platemail helmet) and freeze it with low level ice magic that should be negated by her low level magic negation?

As stated above fighting clever isn't much of an option for him here when the opposition outstats him in equipment, intellegence, mobility, and defense....

Edit not to mention albedo starts out in character going for the kill while he does not.

@Daafy

Freeze wont work because of Albedo's resistances, and here she will not play around, she will go straight for the kill. Kazuma fought a guy that was underestimating him.

She sees through his invisibility, explain how he kills the the tank in a three layered suit of armor charging at him with full intent to kill him from the start before she kills him. That armor is actually literally three suits of armor that negates a total of three killing blows.

Thus he has to peirce those three suits before he can strike any deciscive blows, all his magic fails due to being incredibly low teired, and albedo having several resistances, such as resistance to movment restriction which means she can pass through things attempting to restrain her.

All of this has been covered in the above discussions this comes down to war of attrition and one side can survive three lethal attacks.

Implying in chacter she would attempt to suduce a lower lifeform is incredicebly dumb. It doesn't matter here for all the above reasons that have been disscussed how about throwing in a vote?

massivly milly voted after I made my original points while lacking some of the finer details that came up in later posting it was still a vote based on the reasons above. Tots real are you still voting kazuma than?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back