• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Satoru Gojo (Profile) VS Frieren (Profile)

Been seeing a lot of people talk about this matchup but I have no idea what Frieren has to win here so I thought I'll make it a thread.

Gojo's speed is up for revision at the moment, so I'll avoid any discussion of speed disparities (so it's equalised speed).

We've seen her remove sealing that she has cast, but we haven't seen her actually cast it. When she removed it, she just held her staff and an aura formed around the petrified individual which released them from stone.

Other than sealing, the only wincons that come to mind are her ability to analyze and dispell magic (dispelling Limitless could be an option), or hypnosis magic which requires eye-contact.
Even if she dispels neutral infinity (which I don't think she'll get an opportunity to), can Frieren even damage Gojo? He's Large Town level+ while she's Small Town level, and idt Zoltraak's "deconstruction" helps. Feels like a stomp

Couldn't Freiren seal Gojo away with his infinity intact? Idk someone explain how her sealing works
Yeah, i dont understand how her seal works, If she needs physical contact or something, she won't hit Kit Kats.

I think it'd be possible but not a guarantee.

All I have to go for Frieren's sealing is that it can work on someone much stronger than her, but we don't know how big of a gap that was/the limits of the spell. Sure, Gojo was sealed in Shibuya that was after manhandling the Disaster Curses, opening the 0.2s DE, killing a thousand transfigured humans and then the confusion/duress of seeing his dead best friend alive again b/c he's hijacked by a freaky body hopping curse. Assuming CE and Frieren's magic are equalized/can affect one another, it'll be determined if the sealing spell can be completed before the 6 eyes can register it for Gojo to block it w/Limitless.
We've seen her remove sealing that she has cast, but we haven't seen her actually cast it. When she removed it, she just held her staff and an aura formed around the petrified individual which released them from stone.

Other than sealing, the only wincons that come to mind are her ability to analyze and dispell magic (dispelling Limitless could be an option), or hypnosis magic which requires eye-contact.

I think a similar issue will come up for the analyze and dispell or the hypnosis.

the only wincons that come to mind are her ability to analyze and dispell magic (dispelling Limitless could be an option),
Gojo can fight Power null by increasing the power of Limintless/infinity through the Curse energy change, basically you would need more and more to even affect Infinity, although idk why it's not in Gojo profile when Sukuna say it

Even if she dispels neutral infinity (which I don't think she'll get an opportunity to), can Frieren even damage Gojo? He's Large Town level+ while she's Small Town level, and idt Zoltraak's "deconstruction" helps. Feels like a stomp
Yeah if she dispelled Infinity her only proper haxes are her sealing and her contact-based paralysis. Frieren doesn't have as much hax as the other top tier Mages, like Serie or the Seven Sages of Destruction.

Gojo can fight Power null by increasing the power of Limintless/infinity through the Curse energy change, basically you would need more and more to even affect Infinity, although idk why it's not in Gojo profile when Sukuna say it
This just sounds like Amplification vs Jujutsu is treated as a measurable "volume" of powernull, unlike dispelling magic which is treated akin to hax.

Either way it doesn't really matter, Frieren can dispell Diagoldze which resists powernull.

I’m pretty sure this is a stomp in Gojo’s favour and while I think it would be interesting to discuss if infinity is something Frieren can really use anti magic on (I take the opinion that there’s context saying she can’t really do that before she gets blown up), it doesn’t really matter cause it’s obviously a stomp even then.

It'd take like, five minutes for her to develop a counterspell to deactivate Infinity, but I think the AP difference might be too big for her to fight him for that long, and barely any of her spells can harm Gojo even if Infinity is down. Either she uses her mysterious sealing or Gojo blows her up. The large starting distance could benefit her though.

It'd take like, five minutes for her to develop a counterspell to deactivate Infinity, but I think the AP difference might be too big for her to fight him for that long, and barely any of her spells can harm Gojo even if Infinity is down. Either she uses her mysterious sealing or Gojo blows her up. The large starting distance could benefit her though.
You know that Gojo can just well, Teleport close to her and kill her with one punch and he have enough speed to move, or just move his hand and cast Blue (no the sphere but the Telekinesis part of it) to crush her in the distance

Back