• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sasuke Uchiha VS Neji Hyūga​

• Fight Location: Chunin Exam Arena
  • Starting Distance: 10 Meters
  • Both in character
  • Part I Base Sasuke (Chunin Exam) and Part I Neji will be used
  • The prior knowledge of the other shown in the manga will be taken into consideration
Sasuke: 2 (@Popted2, @XSOULOFCINDERX)
Neji: 8 (@Kin201, @UchihaSlayer96, @Waka1979, @Bernkastelll, @BlastX, @Epiccheev, @ShadowWhoWalks, @Asriel77)
Inconclusive: 1 (@Stillwinston)

latest
latest

Last edited:
Have thought about this one in the past ngl

Neji's Kaiten assuming its allowed is gonna be a pain to deal with, although Sasuke could likely deduce that Neji has a blind spot of sorts at some point. Analytical prediction will make Sasuke a really difficult target to hit which is gonna be annoying for Neji to use his pressure point jabbing, plus them both have prior knowledge means that Sasuke will know that he can't get too bogged down in melee if he wants to keep using his chakra.

However Sasuke does have a bit of an ego and Neji could goad him into it via some taunt like "I expect far more than this Uchiha!" Sasuke could use Chidori but that gets countered by Kaiten. I'm thinking of Incon atm personally

On the prior knowledge bit, Neji will only have knowledge of things he saw sasuke do during the exams meaning he won't know about the chidori, and sasuke never actually saw Neji fight.

I mean, isn't the way Hyugas fight a general knowledge? Pretty sure all of Konoha know the way they fight.

Naruto and sakura didn't seem to know before watching hinata and Neji. I can understand naruto being an idiot but sakura was one of the smartest students at the academy so if was common knowledge she'd know it. Also these clans generally keep their techniques closely guarded, especially those with bloodline traits.

Not sure if we can equate the uchiha being known for fire release to hyuga techniques being common knowledge

Remind me again how likely is Sasuke to open with sharigan shenanigans again? He'll need to make sure he's hard to hit in order to keep Neji from jabbing him in the chakra.

I wanna say he only activates it when he gets serious at this point, cause I don't remember him having it on when he fought gaara at first and I think it was still taxing on his chakra reserves.

Hmmmmm

That could put things more in Neji's favour, he probably jabs Sasuke once. Sasuke realises something is up and breaks off via a substitute jutsu and puts two and two together. From there he'll operating on a handicap it seems

Hmmmmm

That could put things more in Neji's favour, he probably jabs Sasuke once. Sasuke realises something is up and breaks off via a substitute jutsu and puts two and two together. From there he'll operating on a handicap it seems
Will you vote for Neji or stay with Incon?

Isn't Neji someone who can keep up with some of Lee's Eight Gates? If so then he should be able to dodge Chidori.
Fire Jutsu are countered by Kaiten.
Looking to me like Neji has an advantage, with the Sharingan being Sasuke's best hope.

i think Sasuke take this i mean his Sharingan will be able to find the weak spot of Neji and can learn and copy his moves and use a distraction to hit in the weakspot

Because Kaiten's power varies depends on how much effort Neji puts into it or Naruto survived it due to PIS and that every Kaiten released from Neji is automatically 7-C.

Neji's reaction speed is also significantly faster than Sasuke's movements. It will be an advantage for Neji. He should be able to land several dura neg hits on Sasuke or one-shot him with Kaiten. So Neji gets my vote.

Wouldn't Sasuke just Precog all of Neji's shit? Also, I could've sworn there was a Data Book statement saying that Sasuke was Gaara's Strongest Opponent thus far, putting him above the Lee that fought Gaara.
Sasuke at this point is only as fast as base Lee. Also, I'm pretty sure his Sharingan hasn't developed precog yet, as he only displayed it against Naruto.

Sasuke at this point is only as fast as base Lee. Also, I'm pretty sure his Sharingan hasn't developed precog yet, as he only displayed it against Naruto.
Perhaps, but it does let him copy Fighting Styles like he did with Rock Lee, so he might be able to use that against Neji somewhat.

I think I'll go with Neji here.

All of his attacks ignore durability thanks to the gentle fist, and he will immobilize Sasuke very quickly if they tango in close proximity. In addition to Neji's 360° vision, and ability to see chakra, plus his superior reactions, I don't think Sasuke will stand much of a chance at CQC. Sasuke also lacks precog and genjutsu at this point iirc, so his options are limited.

Long ranged attacks such as Fire Style are also countered by Kaiten, so I just don't see a reliable win condition for Sasuke here.

It has, but it wasnt enough to precog everything. Sarada had to develop her precog with a 2 Tomoe Sharingan in the anime.

Sasuke still has his Curse Mark doesn't he? He used it against Gaara right? He might be able to use it here.
Well, it would give Sasuke somewhat of an amp, but it wouldn't negate the dura negation of the gentle fist, the vision of the Byakugan, or Neji's superior reactions.

Well, it would give Sasuke somewhat of an amp, but it wouldn't negate the dura negation of the gentle fist, the vision of the Byakugan, or Neji's superior reactions.
It would definitely let Sasuke neg the Kaiten. If Naruto can do it with barely enough Kyuubi Chakra to manifest just the aura and not even transform and a Kunai, then a Curse Mark Chidori should plow through that shit. Also, that Data Book statement too.

It would definitely let Sasuke neg the Kaiten. If Naruto can do it with barely enough Kyuubi Chakra to manifest just the aura and not even transform and a Kunai, then a Curse Mark Chidori should plow through that shit. Also, that Data Book statement too.
The databook statement doesn't include Neji, since he never fought Gaara.

As for the CS1 Katon surpassing Kaiten, I don't think that would be the case since it's Low 7-C+ currently, while CS Sasuke is only 8-B.

neji fra, also hyugas techniques are hiden techniques in which most of the villiage does not know about their tenketsu style or their hidden styles

Back