• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Two great manga sword users. Could have been Musashi but I'd rather give Kojiro a match, he's bit more interesting in VS Setting.

Golden Age Arc Guts, obviously Kojiro in 9-B. Guts scales to being far above cutting through thick triple-plated armors, Kojiro is superior to Denshichiro who could cut through a small boulder in half.

Speed equalized

Battle takes place in some random pretty place, let's say a meadow.

Who wins?

Sasaki Kojiro: 1

Guts:

Inconclusive: 6

108962.gif
0rr5efxlyzc41.png

Last edited:
Pretty hard to say if i'm honest. Don't see a huge difference in AP. Guts uses a bigass sword, and Kojiro uses an Odachi (Also a big ass sword), so I don't know about anyone having reach advantage.

As for Skill advantage, that ones pretty hard to say as well. Guts was able to kill 100 knights, and of course Kojiro scales to Musashi who has a similar feat of killing 70 Samurai.

Gonna go with Incon for now.

I'll count it, though

As for Skill advantage, that ones pretty hard to say as well. Guts was able to kill 100 knights, and of course Kojiro scales to Musashi who has a similar feat of killing 70 Samurai.

That's true but the time difference matters, Guts needed an entire night, I think Musashi slayed the 70 men more quickly but I can be mistaken

In my eyes it's as impressive, though Guts also did show some really clever moves when he slayed those men. I'd say they have about equal skill if we are comparing their styles swordsmanship

Incon makes sense to me, counted

I'm voting Kojiro. Reading both mangas you can easily tell that Kojiro is better with his sword than Gutts is with his. The only problem I see is the big sword and Kojiro having some issues when dodging it, due to the long range, since he only fought enemies with normal Katanas. But it wouldn't be thaaaat big of issue. I can see where people get the Incon vote, but I'm also biased towards Vagabond :p

So, Kojiro via better skill

Back