• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Rick Sanchez

Why would you build gadgets when you don't know what you're fighting? Why would you bring anything beyond standard equipment?

Why wouldn't you build gadgets? Better safe than sorry. If Rick knows he's getting ready for a really tough fight in a year's time, I don't see why he wouldn't cobble some stuff together.

Buttersamuri said:
I guess equipment. But that could be achieved in one day realistically. Or even less. Seems like prep should allow researching here
Prep wouldn't automatically allow that, and actually giving that to him would make him stomp.

As is it's just him not doing stuff he could to win due to in-character stuff.

Sans fra.

A year does basically nothing. He could have 1 year, 10 years, or more. It doesn't really have effect. What else can he do but bring the weapons which he could have ready in under a year?

And not giving previous knowledge also makes it a stomp. Rick literally can't win. He doesn't have a way to possible win if Sans would end the fight right off the bat with his hacks. Which is what he always will open with.

What? Dude, it's a quickdraw. Both characters can win, Sans just does it faster. One second to slow and Sans loses. That's not a stomp.

Buttersamuri said:
And not giving previous knowledge also makes it a stomp. Rick literally can't win. He doesn't have a way to possible win if Sans would end the fight right off the bat with his hacks. Which is what he always will open with.
Dude he killed the most dangerous alien in the solar system or galaxy while drunk. I forget which is it.

Dude he killed the most dangerous alien in the solar system or galaxy while drunk. I forget which is it.

And? Offscreen feats like tgat mean zilch when Sans is completely different than anything he's fought before.

Where the hell do people keep getting Time Manipulation for Sans?

Doesn't he stop time in Grillby's? To ask Frisk about Flowey?

No. That's not a time stop, there's nothing to indicate that everything literally froze in place. It's just the place getting darker for dramatic effect. If he had that power, he'd have used it in his boss fight.

do i need to change something or is it fine??

It's fine. Rick can win, he just doesn't because Sans starting move hits first.

No. That's not a time stop, there's nothing to indicate that everything literally froze in place. It's just the place getting darker for dramatic effect. If he had that power, he'd have used it in his boss fight.

Grillby's flame stops moving. As soon as the lights dim, everything outside of the light stops moving.

If Sans was in character sure it could be argued more fair. But with a bloodlust. Nothing even stops sans from teleporting Rick into instant death and teleport dodging. Since it's bloodlust

At least remove the bloodlust for Sans. That way Sans would always immediately open with an undodgable attack that Rick has no way to stop or counter. Without bloodlust. Sans still can attack faster, but at least then he doesn't immediately teleports him into death and can teleport dodge even if Rick fires first

Sans still opens with a nearly undodgeable first attack tho

Sure, but at least Rick has a chance to dodge there. When Sans is bloodlusted. Rick has 0 way to dodge it. Sans instant teleports him into death. Without it, he opens with a hard to dodge attack. But at least Rick has a chance to actually dodge and attack. That's why I say remove the bloodlust. Wether Rick wins or not without it. It just makes it far more possible for him to win

This battle seriously relies on Rick absolutely wasting prep time to an absurd degree.

Doing no research, creating no devices to go off automatically, creating no manner of countermeasures such as clones, not using any equipment that let him win instantly-

This is a poor match.

Yea, the more I think about it, the more likely he is to rig up some explosives, stop time, do research-

Fundamentally, Sans can't do anything if Rick blows up the entire arena or something absurd. The absolute best this can be is inconclusive.

1. He can't do research. Sans isn't from his verse. And even if he was he'd have no way of knowing thst is who he is fighting.

2. In order to rig up traps, he'd have to do do in the Judgement Hall, a place he has never been too and doesn't know exists.

3. He can use that equipment, it's just that Sans attacks are faster.

The Wright Way said:
1. He can't do research. Sans isn't from his verse. And even if he was he'd have no way of knowing thst is who he is fighting.

2. In order to rig up traps, he'd have to do do in the Judgement Hall, a place he has never been too and doesn't know exists.

3. He can use that equipment, it's just that Sans attacks are faster.
1. When can we make a CRT to clarify prep time? Since every single prep time debate ends up being more about meta rules than the actual characters.

2. How the hell does he get there to fight, then?

3. Speed Equal. Also, Sans' attacks don't kill instantly, just really really really fast.

1. Probably a good idea.

3. Same way characters randomly appear in New York in SBA matches. They're just suddenly there.

3. Rick raises his arm to push a button. That's slower than Sans raising an arm and having bones pop out of the ground. Also, he's a 9-A against a 9-B. He's gonna one-shot.

The Wright Way said:
1. Probably a good idea.

3. Same way characters randomly appear in New York in SBA matches. They're just suddenly there.

3. Rick raises his arm to push a button. That's slower than Sans raising an arm and having bones pop out of the ground. Also, he's a 9-A against a 9-B. He's gonna one-shot.
...Oh shit, I forgot AP. It's been so long since Sans actually won something via one-shotting them with an AP advantage, and wasn't being fodderized by every attack.

But yea, Prep Time is quite badly explained at the moment. Most assumptions of it are just that; assumptions. Can you do research on your opponent? Probably not. Can you prepare the battlefield or know where you'll be fighting? Maybe.

I'll consider trying to make a revision for it later.

I do agree. It's a poor in the sense cause giving so much prep is pointless without knowing what he is fighting. Giving him a day or giving him 1 year makes no difference. He could get his equipment in a day as most is already built and he builds his equipment fast anyway. It basically just is a full arsenal battle since he can't really prepare for what he doesn't even know he is fighting. Most he can do is get his arsenal ready

Back