• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs. Doomguy

Actually, hold up.

Pretty sure with unequalized speed, Doomguy blitzes. Even if he isn't fast enough to blitz from the getgo, Haste increases his speed significantly.

Sub-Relativistic plasma projectiles, also. This includes the BFG.

Sans speed is unknown due to being casually faster then Massively Hypersonic+. Doomguy has sub-relativistic combat speed. Seems pretty even to me. Also AOE is Sans kryptonite. Not to mention the only way Sans can hurt him is with KR due to soul resistence. Also Doomguy has far greater experience. This seems fair to me.

Sans soul manipulation can affect a 2-B with resistance to soul manipulation so Doom Marine's resistance isn't a problem, his attacks are can teleport and are faster than Doom Marine's movement speed and he has danmaku so Doom Marine isn't moving anywhere and will likely die when Sans attacks at the start.

I mean, Sans's speed is Unknown for being casually faster than Mach 3000 or so IIRC. Even if we assume he's baseline Sub-Relativistic (read: just barely above Mach 8740), Doom's Sub-Relativistic rating for combat speed/reactions is faster than Mach 9329 due to reacting to/easily dodging projectiles that move faster than that speed. And he becomes even faster when he activates the Haste Sphere.

Still, if the speed gap isn't large enough for a blitz, I should also add that his is one of the few matches where even his weaker weapons are capable of killing his opponent. His Frag grenades alone are this strong, for example, and other weapons such as the Rocket Launcher would be much stronger. Quad Damage would also make every single weapon he has 4x stronger.

Also, if AoE is Sans's Kryptonite, then the BFG is screwing him hard.

Sans immediately start off with his strongest combination of attacks which is a danmaku of bones that move faster than Doom Marine(can't move fast enough) and will probably kill him in 1 hit and besides he could always manipulate Doom Marine's soul gravity to pin him or beat him across the walls or area.

If Doom Marine can somehow get past that he could win

As for the Soul Manip, Sans' soul manipulation is a 'death by a thousand cuts' kind of deal against people with soul resistance, and the attacks need to hit an enemy in order to actually deal SOUL damage. Sans' attacks can be aimdodged by people with far slower reactions than what the Doom Slayer has.

Meanwhile, Doom has a Holographic module which can be used to distract Sans, the BFG has homing tendrils and a 15x15 meter AoE, and the Rocket Launcher in the reboot has optional homing capabilities. (as well as external explosives that can be detonated remotely, without destroying the rockets themselves)

You're also ignoring the fact that Sans won't even get a chance to 'start off' with anything if Doom fires first. Which he will, since his combat speed, reaction speed and projectile speed are easily the faster out of the two of them even if we highball Sans to baseline Sub-Relativistic. The minute Doom shoots, Sans will be forced to teleport or risk being killed right out the gate. AoE, homing attacks, etc. will take care of him from that point onwards.

They didn't dodge Sans attacks from just aim dodging they had to actively move out of the way at MHS+ speeds and they could react because they have MHS+ reactions although Doom Marine has higher reactions, he doesn't have the movement speed to dodge it and thus he can't do anything about the barrage of MHS+ attacks.He also most likely can't get past the platform "puzzles" that Sans creates since they probably require a speed of MHS+ to complete.And this isn't including his use of Gravity manipulation along with his attacks so even if Doom Marine could dodge all of the attacks with combat reactions alone he can't do anything about the Gravity manipulation.

I doubt DM's Hologram would distract Sans due to San's intelligence.

And whether or not San's or DM attack first is debatable, DM may have faster reactions but Sans can also teleport and just attack DM even if he is slower at the start.

>Easily dodges Sub-Relativistic projectiles

>Can't do anything about MHS+ attacks

Riiiight...

The Hologram was stated to be extremely lifelike in its appearance and function, and it even mimicks firing at enemies. It's not transparent either. Unless Sans has already encountered something similar, I doubt he would just instinctively know that it's a hologram.

Doom doesn't just have faster reactions. He also has faster combat speed. A quickdraw between them would end decisively in his favor.

My vote hinges on the status of speed equalization in this match, tbh.

With speed unequalized, I'm voting Doom. It's not a stomp, but he wins out nonetheless.

With equalization in play, it's probably inconclusive due to being a cointoss.

The only reason Frisk/Chara were able to dodge was thanks to there movement speeds not combat and reaction speed.

DM can't move out of the way fast enough if MHS+ bones are launched him in all directions regardless of superior combat and reaction speeds.

Sans isn't stupid enough to think a hologram that DM put down will be him.The hologram only worked on the demons which have a ******** level of intelligence and Sans is a genius.

If its SBA then the range they start from each other is a thousand of meters away which is more helpful for Sans but if not then that's more in DM favor but if the extent is as you say then this match would be a stomp in DM favor but then again if the speed was equalized it would be a stomp for Sans due to teleportation attacks and hax.

That being said, I vote Inconclusive.

...If they start from a thousand meters away, then that's just more distance that DS can use to dodge. How would that help Sans, anyway? His profile says his effective range is multiple meters, not 'a thousand meters'.

Not all of the demons have ******** intellect, and the Hologram is still a realistic and fairly lifelike projection. Moreover, it isn't meant to look like Doom; it's meant to look like another UAC soldier assisting him.

If Doom can move out of the way fast enough to dodge Sub-Relativistic projectiles, he should be more than capable of doing the same for MHS+ bone attacks. You're also missing the fact that Doom dodges projectiles from multiple directions consistently throughout every game.

In any case, speed still isn't equalized, so I'm sticking with my vote for DS.

It would help because Sans has teleportation and can teleport his attacks and can teleport throughout the Undertale map so a thousand meters would be nothing.

Realistic or not Sans most likely isn't falling for it and even if he did a quick teleport attack will deal with it anyway.

The thing is he can't move at those speeds so when Sans attacks he creates MHS+ platforms and obstacles that require MHS+ movement to get through and Sans also uses gravity manipulation and gaster beams which have a large radius of attack with a diameter at least the size of a normal human. DM's reaction speed can't help him unless he can move at MHS+ speeds.

Cool

Back