• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans (Undertale) vs Frieza (Dragon Ball)

There are an awful lot of unknowns for Sans. But, assuming Golden Frieza's speed isn't as fast as Sans ability to teleport(I doubt it is, but can't prove it), then Sans should probably eventually take this with his durability bypassing attacks. Both seem to have major stamina problems at thier peak though, so I probably shouldn't be too quick to call it. There's probably a few things I'm forgetting as well.

There's also the KR ability sans has. Knowing that frieza kill ALOT of people. It's going to hurt

IF Sans can hit Frieza with it. Just because Chara didn't try to deflect the attacks doesn't really mean that Frieza couldn't possibly ki deflect it. And if it turns out that Frieza 'can' deflect it, then Sans probably can't win. I know it's an unsolvable, opinion based, arugment. But I'm just throwing it out there to see what sticks for each side.

I kind of want to say Sans wins slightly, but it might be more close to a draw. Sans be assumed to have 1 HP or 9,999,999, which was what Frisk did to kill him in genocide. We'll go with the second amount for here. If it was 1, I'd say Frieza would stomp, but sleeping also increases max health (as said by the inn keeper), so it could very well not be that. KR could be of some use as well.

Anyways, it's really, really close. They both have the same range, same speed, and really it just becomes a test of who hits harder and who has better durability, which is why I say Sans wins slightly, or it's a draw. He was strong enough to be capable of killing Frisk, and is just about on par as Frieza. Sans' unknown durability makes this fight hard to really comprehend, but Sans has the ability to kill Frisk. I'll vote Sans, but it's likely a draw regardless.

Sans has 1 HP, but he's also a reality warper, something DBZ isn't really known for. He's capable of making things just 'appear' on your person, i.e. "You looked down and the key was already on your keychain". and is capable of dodging attacks from a theoretically impossible situation, even while asleep. His attacks appear to ignore mitigation from beings who can tank at least timeline level annihilations and possibly even multiverse level annihilations if chara's survival counts for anything. Frieza can annihilate sans in a single attack, but that's reliant on him being able to hit Sans and not being floored by sans' bones, suckerpunching nature and Gasterblasters, which are primarily used for Zoning, a tactic most DBZ characters aren't particularly used to. Bear in mind how Frieza died back in the Frieza saga. His inability to percieve from certain angles gives Sans a tactical advantage in some ways.

On the other hand, Frieza really only does need to hit one attack. Sans has near perfect prediction and MFTL teleportation... no NEED to breathe, since he's a skeleton (and indeed, is shown not breathing in the pacifist ending scenes)...

Tough call, but I'm gonna say advantage Sans because of reality warping.

I agree.

Hmm... I wonder though if Komachi's ability to hax distance would trump that even if he was reality warping... on the attacking Sans side of things.

Why Komachi all of sudden. And no I don't think so, seems more like it is related to time than space (The fact that he dodges during YOUR turn). Sakuya would, if she wasn't blitzed before.

It was just a thought experiment. Being able to cross an infinite distance(width of Sanzu River) in a finite time by decreasing the distance by her own powers alone. In theory, she might be able to set the distance between her scythe and Sans' body to zero.

Sans rolfostomps.

His Time Haxing is simply too good.. That and Sans could teleport people across time and space

Battles like this are difficult, since we don't know how the abilities of Sans would work outside of the game mechanics, and a large part of his power appears to be breaking the rules of the game.

For the purposes of the battle, we have to assume that Sans' powers can manipulate Frieza directly, as we only see him attacking the player's soul. Considering the amount of people Frieza has killed compared to the player, the Karmic Retribution would likely do a lot of damage to Frieza, but the problem is that Frieza only needs to get one successful shot off on Sans for him to go down. Given Frieza's far greater speed compared to the Undertale player, I personally don't see Sans being able to dodge Frieza's attacks for long, so it would likely depend on whether Sans could deal a large enough assault to take out Frieza before he tired out, as he can be seen to do while fighting him (twice, even).

That said, it obviously depends on how Sans' powers are interpreted. If he is seen as warping reality to dodge attacks, his chances would vastly increase. That said, if Sans can be caught off guard by by two attacks, I doubt he could dodge the amount that Frieza can deal. It also depends on whether we use Namek Saga Frieza or Golden Frieza, as Golden Frieza would of course be far faster and more durable than Namek Frieza.

Oh great, another Sans VS DBZ Character.

The first one was Beerus VS Sans and it is still inconclusive to this day, and now this?!

My money is on Sans XD

I'd say his dodging is not reality warping. Every other instance of him reality warping, you can't see him do it. But you clearly see him slide in the fight.

Icyhawk43 said:
I'd say his dodging is not reality warping. Every other instance of him reality warping, you can't see him do it. But you clearly see him slide in the fight.
That's just it. You see him slide, not walk or dodge. Since he is known to somehow 'alter' space, we can't really say that he isn't doing the same here. It could be just like how Komachi can manipulate distance for all we know. If he's doing this, it's undoubtedly very trippy. This is the heart of why Sans is so difficult to figure out in vs battles.

edit... For those that don't know Komachi, she's from Touhou with the ability to manipulate distances conceptually. She can use it to cross an infinite distance in a finite time. Here's a sample from a non-canon source depicting just how trippy it would be when used in general combat, showing her smacking her target away from her and, without moving herself, reducing the distance so she can keep on smacking her target. Yes, it's a non-canon source, but there's a lot of indirect evidence to support that she can use her ability this way in combat.

Komachi hax...

The point of talking about Komachi like this is because Sans has demonstrated similar styles of space warping in other parts of the game.

mmmmmmmmm

While Frieza is much faster, blitzing is not a tactic he ever uses, and Frieza would get his stuff wrecked horribly by KR. Adding in Sans' hax, my vote goes to Sans.

Sirius The EM Troll said:
Going by the logic that Beerus vs Sans was inconclusive, and Beerus > Golden Frieza, so voting Sans.
But Hit is winning against Sans, and he's weaker than Beerus. Where is your logic now?

Hehe

Anyway, Frieza is too cocky (he will probably try to tank Sans' attacks) and would never blitz in-character. He may have the reactions speed to counter Sans (unless he uses his teleportation shenanigans), and if he does then he one-shots Sans. If he does not, Sans one-shots him (how many genocides has Frieza done already?).

But I still see Sans winning more or less 7/10.

XXRiosrockXx said:
How does KR apply in a non game mechanic fight? Since in real life, you do not have a health bar or percentage.
It'd most likely feel like intense heart burn tbh.

Well thats just my guess anyway, Does anyone agree on that?

Tzula said:
XXRiosrockXx said:
How does KR apply in a non game mechanic fight? Since in real life, you do not have a health bar or percentage.
It'd most likely feel like intense heart burn tbh.
Well thats just my guess anyway, Does anyone agree on that?
I kinda agree. Because of the color purple and its effects, I can't help but see KR as poison or acidic damage, so I interpret it as feeling more like toxins coarsing through you and deteriorating you or an acid burn. Functionally in a real life-esque scenario, KR is basically deteriorating the soul and body.

My vote goes to Sans because of KR and Freiza being too cocky to dodge 24/7.

In my opinion I think the KR would do more damage to Freiza than it did to Frisk/Chara. By geno route requirements, Frisk/Chara kills 96 monsters in the Underground pre-Sans fight. Freiza kills whole planets. His kill count is substantially higher.

Remind me why this is even a contest. Death ball, Frieza blows up planet, and, unless sans' teleportation is infinite, he can't get away. I prefer sans WAY more than Frieza, but frieza could probably still beat sans on his WORST day.

So, I have no idea. Frieza has destroyed several planets so, KR would rip him a new one, and he also has no defence againt Soul Attacks, but I don't know if Sans can catch him with that speed disadvantage, maybe he could do it with Telekinesis and Danmaku, but there's also the fact that Frieza only needs to hit Sans once, and I don't think Sans could dodge a ki blast from the guy who is Relativistic at his slowest and MFTL+ at his fastest, so, yeah, like most Sans fights, I think the winner would be whoever manages to land a hit first.

KR would suck Frieza dry of his health bar - but he'd have one incredibly massive health bar considering the LV he's gained - more than Chara could ever have, so... Sans would win if he could consistently hit him, otherwise if Frieza gets off even one hit, it's done. I vote inconclusive.

To be fair kr bring you down to 1 and it takes one more attack to kill assuming you have killed more then chara or as much.

Back