• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans Tournament Round 4 Sans vs Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
And again, even assuming his soul is as durable as that of an average human in undertale (which is pretty iffy), he would literally die in less than a second (what they percieve as a second so don't bring speed into this), so he wouldn't have much to do if he did get tagged.

Sombra he wasn't trying to defeat, he was trying to get the Mane 6 to beat him on their own and was baiting all of them into following along with his plan.

That was an exemple. I want one time where he started off a fight with a rando seriously (and fast) enough that Sans wouldn't just teleport him into an attack.

He still needs to react to things to do something about them, and between being teleported and hit he wouldn't get time to actually do that unless he starts of with instantly defeating Sans.

Bloodlusted, Sans is like

866F0C6F-31A2-43B5-9694-B450D8444688

Bone-based attacks are thought-based, and faster than a snap, and the reason it takes time for bones to kill is because Frisk had a resistance to soul hax. Discord does not. A single tap and he's done for. Sans may actually take this...

Ehh. A single tap. Gonna have to hard pass on that. Sans doesn't one shot Discord.

Also. Didn't that move only work when Frisk choose spare? Cause if he could have done that the entire time casually, why did he?

Not a single tap, that would assume his soul has 1 HP. Assuming he is a normal human in soul tough, he still dies in a second.

The bones are summoned on tough, but have travel time. Teleportations is on thought however, which is why Discord would have a pretty big problem unless he starts with a winning move.

From the clips I found, he is definitely not someone that starts with a killing blow the moment he sees an opponent, so voting Sans.

He wouldn't exactly die in a second either. Frisk takes a few seconds to die by Sans attack.

Time travel? What now?

I'm told he Power Nulls as an opener

Can you bother giving reasonings to counter why he doesn't win? Hell, there isn't a reason for why he would win, the reason given "anything he does oneshots" but that doesn't work at all.

If he started with a blast, or most of his whacky stuff that takes several seconds to even do anything to an enemy, he's a deadman.

First took a few seconds because they had in general soul hax reisstance. Humans in undertale just have resistance to soul hax becuase they won against the monsters and didn't get destroyed-

That is circular reasoning.

"Monsters can one-shot with soul-hax"

"They never one-shot anyone tough?"

"They all resist it."

No, souls have a base durability and not every monster has enough power to do 20 HP damage per hit.

We assume 20 HP for normal peeps souls unless there is a reason not to. Which is 20 HP. Still enough to kill discord before he does much of anything on hit, but not on tap.

I mean. That still gives discord a chance to warp away. He does teleport. And does do it in canon. It isn't the case that sans is giving him literally 0 time to react

Buttersamuri said:
I mean. That still gives discord a chance to warp away. He does teleport. And does do it in canon. It isn't the case that sans is giving him literally 0 time to react
I mean, unless I get a good reaasoning why he didn't teleport away when he got blasted in the face with the elements (he had ample time), why he didn't just snap Sombra's beam at futtershy, or why he reacts at all instead of up and acting right away when faced with pretty much anything, I will assume that like most beings he can get surprised and would be disoriented if he was suddenly teleported.

Certainly disoriented for more than a sixth of a second.

The Elements have the one power in Equestria that can stop him, they literally reverse his powers so it's likely he can't get away from them. That was part of his plan to get them to stop Sombra, he purposely baited Sombra into attacking Fluttershy so he could pretend to be very hurt.

You comment to that, but don't bother to responding to the other stuff? C'mon dude....

Can you show me one time he starts with something that can incapacitate Sans faster than he would teleport himself away from, and faster than Sans would teleport him into an attack?

Or link something that shows where he would take less than 0.6 seconds to realize he's been teleported and is currently dying?

And it's not like Sans can't teleport him back if he teleports away.

I mean, does he start of the fight. And I mean "see an enemy and instantly use the ability" in a manner that would incap Sans ever?

We're not talking about him teleporting to dodge. We're talking about him forcefully teleporting someone else.

Which he has done

Buttersamuri said:
I'll say again. Sans never teleports to dodge. That is something he never did at any point.
He wasn't bloodlusted at any point. You have absolutely no reasoning for him not doing it if needed.

In his fight he could dodge six attacks from Frisk at once casually. At the end of that fight, he was hit by something that literally breaks the laws of reality as far as he is concerned, and had no possible way to see it coming.

Here, he is bloodlusted, so that doesn't mattter either.

Jackythejack said:
Imagine considering someone just attacking one extra time breaking the laws of reality-
It is. Undertale's game mechanics are canon, very blatantly. Not sure if you played the game, but they are rapresented constantly through minor and major ways.

Your invulnerability is important in both items that boost it, and the fact that Sans takes it away (Or partially takes it away, if you wear the glasses you keep some invicibility frames).

The fact that you can't move during dialouge is used for the joke with the dog that can't see non-moving objects.

The fact that you can't attack outside your turn is a pretty big cruch in Sans' whole final bit.

The fact that the Mercy button lets you escape and spare is the whole reason why Asgore destroys it.

It being 2-D during fight is important to Flowey's whole deal.

Speach box in this case, being stationary shows a gag if you call someone while on the trademill in Alphys' lab. (The box stays there, and the one you called is shocked as you leave them behind).

Etc.

I mean... that format is used to show how ridicolous someone'sw stance is... can't really blame me for misunderstanding it.

> Range: low multiversal

> Immortality type 1, 2 and 3

> Power nulling a power null

His soul have the same skills and stats as his body, as he doesn't need his body to live (showed in "A matter of principals")

Yeah, discord stomps. Spin the wheel to pick any ability stated on discord's page to finish sans.

Range doesn't matter because they're 20 meters apart.

That immortaoty means nothing compared to soul destruction.

And does he lead with power null?

What? That is literally not a reasoning. He doesn't range spam at all, and wouldn't teleport a universe away upon seeing a bipedal skeleton.

None of his immortalities counter soul destruction. Type 1 is just not aging, type 2 only covers the body, and he doesn't have Mid-Godly Regenerationn so type 3 is useless.

Him not needinghis body to survive, and his soul having his bodies abilities don't matter. Sans won't remove his soul, he will destroy it. Discord doesn't have determination to patch his soul back up after it being destroyed.

And no, most of his abilities are shown in a very drawn out, definitly more than "die in 0.6 seconds".

Also, his power null worked through removing physical components (wings and horns) of his enemy. That doesn't work for a skill used on thought.

And he did that not to defeat them, but to put them through a labyrinth without them cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back