• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans bypasses LS crt (yes again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Dom470

He/Him
Im doing this again because I thought of an argument that I think actually makes sense for this:

Let’s say you have telekinesis and can only lift 300 lbs like that’s your limit. So you go over to try and tk a guy who weighs 200 lbs but can lift 400 lbs obviously you should be able to lift him because that’s not how tk works. Even if sans is fighting someone like Superman he should be able to lift him because Superman probably doesn’t weigh a ridiculous amount. On the other hand someone like Godzilla could probably resist it because he weighs so much. So yeah

Was this ever rejected? This is something that applies to every TK user. I think I might revise the TK page to add this so we have a standard

Im doing this again because I thought of an argument that I think actually makes sense for this:

Let’s say you have telekinesis and can only lift 300 lbs like that’s your limit. So you go over to try and tk a guy who weighs 200 lbs but can lift 400 lbs obviously you should be able to lift him because that’s not how tk works. Even if sans is fighting someone like Superman he should be able to lift him because Superman probably doesn’t weigh a ridiculous amount. On the other hand someone like Godzilla could probably resist it because he weighs so much. So yeah
Of course the opponent can't fight against the Tk if he can't apply leverage to something. If he can though he can resist it. So Superman would resist it because he can fly with force exceeding that much weight.

If Superman lets him, sure. When TK lifts someone, it means that the character is overcoming the resulting interaction between two masses, as described by gravity. Sans would never lift Superman because Superman's own exerted force trounces his. If the character can't do anything in the air once lifted, that is a different story. On the other hand any character with better LS than Sans would resist the TK, but less so for those incapable of flight. Characters that can't fly would still be able to flail their limbs with better LS, though.

This is something that's a default assumption for Telekinesis users, I dunno why you bothered making a CRT for Sans. If a character can't provide leverage, he'll be lifted by his opponent.

This is something that's a default assumption for Telekinesis users, I dunno why you bothered making a CRT for Sans. If a character can't provide leverage, he'll be lifted by his opponent.
Feels weird because he pointed Superman as an example...

You'd be surprised how much that logic doesn't get applied in vs matches.

You'd be surprised how much that logic doesn't get applied in vs matches.
What irked me was the example given.

Even if sans is fighting someone like Superman he should be able to lift him because Superman probably doesn’t weigh a ridiculous amount.
That's literally the worst character possible to make a point. Supes can stuff Sans TK into his ribcage. Someone like Juggernaut or Luke Cage would be a better example.

I'm going to ask a mod to close this thread. However I will make a CRT so we can add a note to the Telekinesis page to explain our standards on this if no one else does before me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back