• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sam Gideon Vs Isaac Clarke

Two armored characters whose franchises were once recognized in the past, but have been forgetten for a decade, until now...

The Rules:​

Speed: Unequal (Will be changed if it's unfair).​
Time & Place: An abandoned Moon base, 25 meters between each other. Unknown time.​
Equipment:
  • Assault Rifle, Disk Launcher, and Laser Cannon for Sam.
  • Line Gun, Disk Ripper and Contact Beam for Isaac.
Mindset: In-character​
Victory: Any means.​

Isaac Clarke: 0

Sam Gideon: 0

Inconclusive: 6 (Armor, Stillwinston, Pop, Ole, Reb, Sergeant)

Last edited:
Alright, so I'll just start seeing if I have a grasp on the situation, hopefully it can be moved fast. Clarke has a strong advantage in reaction speed until Sam enters augmented reaction mode, which he does all the time, so this should be fair. They've both got guns tho so as far as they're somewhat far apart Sam can also start dodge his bullets.

Isaac has Statis Module, but I'm not sure how that works, is it AOE? or does it affect everything? Also hacking, that can be troublesome

How likely is he to use Hand Cannon/Devil Horns? Also, is Hacking useful? Finally, does Sam have access to Elena's help, that allows him to remove his limiters, which greatly increases his stats at the expense of stamina, though I doubt that'll be useful here.

Stasis's shot itself has a radius of at least a small room, but it can greatly increase depending on the volume of the object/being in question (If he hits a moving car, the entire vehicle will affected except anything that is not part of it).

Hacking is done by manually hickjacking devices so it kinda of useless in combat.

He mostly starts with the plasma cutter or line cutter, and will likely switch to his conventinal gear like the rifles, javelin gun, disc ripper, force gun and contact beam in tandem with the Stasis and Kinesis modules.

The Hand Gun and Devil Horns are bonus weapon obtained after finishing the game in certain difficult. Dunno how often he will use them so I will just say is a "maybe".

The rest of the weapons are all customable so I probably may have to specify later.

Sam has Elena's help, of course.

Alright, so Sam has a small advantage starting off in that he's a lot more mobile and has regeneration, and while I'm sure Isaac has great aim that should give him as much survivability as him, give or take. Kinesis module probably wouldn't matter too much, as Sam's LS is much higher and he can still fire his weaponry if he's locked in place anyway, but it does take away that mobility.

How long do Kinesis and Stasis last?

Elena's help is probably not too important tbh, hacking works the same as Isaac's and stat amping's drawback is far too huge for this fight imo.

One more thing, Sam can only have three of his weapons at once with how the BLADE system works, you can pick 'em if you want. I'd like to know them before I detail how I think he'd fight though it probably does not matter too much.

Stasis can last several seconds, like 5 or 10 iirc, and Kinesis is continuously projected by Isaac.

Huh, I think both are limited in numbers of weapons that can be carried, I will specify the equipment being used in the OP.

EDIT: Three weapons for each one.

Last edited:
Alright, these weapons are really good for Sam, Disk Launcher allows him to melee as much as he wants without overheating and is homing while the laser cannon is powerful and should be nearly undodgeable. Imo he'd try and fight at mid range at first, probably diving in and out of cover. EMP Grenades are his huge wincon but they won't be his first move.

Reminder that Isaac can still use Kinesis to launch those discs and grenades back at him, specially due to higher reaction speed and Stasis dilation.

Anyway, what's your vote?

Sam can just shoot at the EMP grenade if Isaac uses Kinesis, then it'll explode and hit Isaac anyway. Also he's immune to its effects. Fair enough on the disk launcher though.

I'm not voting just yet.

Imo considering both have almost sure-fire wincons but don't immediately lead with them, Incon sounds good

Back