• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saltwater Crocodile vs Great White Shark

I think even the most ferocious, "both are bloodlusted" shark would think three times before appearing on the way at the territorial male saltwater crocodile.

Even a small non-aggressive young crocodile feels comfortable in the company of large sharks:
Couple Visited By Sharks And Crocodiles On Boat
Couple Visited By Sharks And Crocodiles On Boat

The White sShark has this. Not only is she more muscular and much faster, but she has added ramming power. The Croc's best bet is to go for her fins, which would make this a 65/50 match in the Shark's favor.

There were an serie in Animal Planet that made this fight, the winner were the Great White Shark; don't remember the name of the serie of the reasons behind tho.

Antoniofer said:
There were an serie in Animal Planet that made this fight, the winner were the Great White Shark; don't remember the name of the serie of the reasons behind tho.
Animal Face Off

It was a very poor miniseries overall.

ExerciseDancefloors said:
The White sShark has this. Not only is she more muscular and much faster, but she has added ramming power. The Croc's best bet is to go for her fins, which would make this a 65/50 match in the Shark's favor.
Really? And anything that a shark does not have a bony skeleton needed to fastening of powerful muscles? Saltwater crocodile physically much stronger than the white shark and can crush it with one bite in the head or in the tail, while the shark jaws, designed for small and soft-bodied animals, not be able to seriously injure the powerful body of a crocodile.

Speed will help a shark only to avoid this unpleasant meeting.

ðºðÁÐêÐâð╣Ðçð░ÐéÐïð╣ ð│ðÁð¢ðÁÐÇð░ð╗ said:
Really? And anything that a shark does not have a bony skeleton needed to fastening of powerful muscles? Saltwater crocodile physically much stronger than the white shark and can crush it with one bite in the head or in the tail, while the shark jaws, designed for small and soft-bodied animals, not be able to seriously injure the powerful body of a crocodile.
I'm afraid that's not true. The shark is a lot stronger than the crocodile, because it's literally made of muscle. Also, the croc's probably going to get drowned by the shark.

The crocodile won't be able to outmaneuver the shark, because the pacific ocean is the shark's home turf.

I'm afraid that's not true. The shark is a lot stronger than the crocodile, because it's literally made of muscle. Also, the croc's probably going to get drowned by the shark.
The crocodile won't be able to outmaneuver the shark, because the pacific ocean is the shark's home turf.
No, muscles of sharks are extremely weak as they do not have support in the form of a bone skeleton. Even the largest white sharks can be caught on a fishing line. In addition, muscle percentage of the total body mass in a crocodile is not less than in the shark (only one liver of a shark makes 20-30% of total weight). Crocodiles can hold their breath for 30 minutes in the active state, the more likely that the shark will drown when the crocodile will turn her on her back. Although I think this will not happen - the shark just die from a crocodile bite in the head or the tail.

The crocodile will not try to outsmart the shark. He's a real tank.

Really? And anything that a shark does not have a bony skeleton needed to fastening of powerful muscles? Saltwater crocodile physically much stronger than the white shark and can crush it with one bite in the head or in the tail, while the shark jaws, designed for small and soft-bodied animals, not be able to seriously injure the powerful body of a crocodile.Speed will help a shark only to avoid this unpleasant meeting.
No, muscles of sharks are extremely weak as they do not have support in the form of a bone skeleton. Even the largest white sharks can be caught on a fishing line. In addition, muscle percentage of the total body mass in a crocodile is not less than in the shark (only one liver of a shark makes 20-30% of total weight). Crocodiles can hold their breath for 30 minutes in the active state, the more likely that the shark will drown when the crocodile will turn her on her back. Although I think this will not happen - the shark just die from a crocodile bite in the head or the tail.
The Pacific Ocean is really deep, and Great Whites can travel down to 2,000 feet or possibly below.

Remember that Crocodiles have severe stamina issues due to lactic acid buildup (the stuff that strains your muscles when you exert them). The Crocodile has one shot at a lunge attack, and that's if it can survive the Great White's ambush from below, which would literally tear the Croc in half.

Also, sharks have been scientifically proven to have some of the absolute strongest muscles in the entire animal kingdom.

Really? And anything that a shark does not have a bony skeleton needed to fastening of powerful muscles? Saltwater crocodile physically much stronger than the white shark and can crush it with one bite in the head or in the tail, while the shark jaws, designed for small and soft-bodied animals, not be able to seriously injure the powerful body of a crocodile.Speed will help a shark only to avoid this unpleasant meeting.
The Pacific Ocean is really deep, and Great Whites can travel down to 2,000 feet or possibly below.
Remember that Crocodiles have severe stamina issues due to lactic acid buildup (the stuff that strains your muscles when you exert them). The Crocodile has one shot at a lunge attack, and that's if it can survive the Great White's ambush from below, which would literally tear the Croc in half.

Also, sharks have been scientifically proven to have some of the absolute strongest muscles in the entire animal kingdom.
Do not compels saltwater crocodile swimming to great depths. He will attack shark at the surface.

Sharks also have problems with lactic acid in the muscles. Red muscle fibers are used only for slow swimming. In half? It's funny... I would like to see how the great white shark kills the animal, bigger and stronger than seal.

What proved? Hugh Wise empirically found that 100 kg sand shark generates thrust force only in 50 kg.

I suggest not quoting if you would not delete quotes within the quotes. It makes the thread far longer than it needs to be.

If sharks had issues with lactic acid, they would drown, so that's out.

Actually, for the continuous slow motion sharks uses red aerobic . But the active movement use working of the white anaerobic muscle fibers that produce lactic acid.

Croc stomps.

The saltwater crocodile is a formidable and opportunistic hypercarnivorous apex predator. Most prey are ambushed and then drowned or swallowed whole. It is capable of prevailing over almost any animal that enters its territory, including other apex predators such as SHARKS, varieties of freshwater and marine fishincluding pelagic species, invertebrates such as crustaceans, various reptiles, birds and mammals, including humans.[5][6] Due to their size, aggression and distribution, saltwater crocodiles are regarded as the most dangerous extantcrocodilia to humans.[7][8]

RinkakuKagune said:
Croc stomps.
The saltwater crocodile is a formidable and opportunistic hypercarnivorous apex predator. Most prey are ambushed and then drowned or swallowed whole. It is capable of prevailing over almost any animal that enters its territory, including other apex predators such as SHARKS, varieties of freshwater and marine fishincluding pelagic species, invertebrates such as crustaceans, various reptiles, birds and mammals, including humans.[5][6] Due to their size, aggression and distribution, saltwater crocodiles are regarded as the most dangerous extantcrocodilia to humans.[7][8]

Except that they don't stomp, and encounters in the wild are entirely 50/50.

Crocidile has all the good advantages. Neither are too much faster, with Crocdile perhaps having slightly faster reflexes. Crocidle is stronger, better armor, and tougher. Anything the crocidle bites is going to do massive damage to the weaker cartilage body of the shark, and the shark's teeth are not properly designed to handle something as tough as the croc's hide.

If the shark looses a fin, it's game over, and if she's flipped over she's doomed as well. The croc has the disadvantage of not being able to breathe underwater but they can hold their breath for long periods of time.

One last thing. The shark needs to continually move in order to breathe, while the croc can force the shark to come to him. Add that to the fact that one of the crocidiles signature moves involves rolling, and would therefore tip the shark over and put it into a catatonic state, I'm seeing the Saltwater crocidile taking the fight 7.5-8/10.

If this fight takes place in the pacific ocean, then that means the shark would have much room to roam around. The underside of a croc is far softer than the rest of it (It's still tough, but much easier to penetrate), and I think the shark could easily land a killing blow with this arena. Most of the time I'd give it to the croc, due to having more armor and brute force, but because of the arena, I'm leaning a bit to the shark in this specific match.

Kazanshin said:
You know, there's a place for each vs debate, and IMO, interspecific animal debate belongs in Carn***a forum.
I'm a member of that site and, IMHO, they do a better job discussing the outcome of match-ups than this site.

Kiryu2012 said:
Kazanshin said:
You know, there's a place for each vs debate, and IMO, interspecific animal debate belongs in Carn***a forum.
I'm a member of that site and, IMHO, they do a better job discussing the outcome of match-ups than this site.

Kiryu? I know you! Your dream match is Bobobo-bo Bo-bobobo vs Discord! (sorry for what I did to chimpanzee vs gray wolf)

Back