• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
DragonEmperor23 said:
Salazzle's also part of the Dragon Egg group so Dragon Slayer Magic will do tons of damage to her.
That's stretching it. Salazzle isn't a dragon, it's a lizard. Otherwise it'd be dragon type

Okay. ƒæî

Sounds like it's normal poison then. Ingesting it would make him sick but that doesn't make it start having properties it has never shown before, like melting people.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Has the poison ever horribly disfigured someone?
Generic acid attacks used by random pokemon can reduce other pokemon to puddles in seconds

Salazzle's corossives are fsr more potent

"Corrosion: Allows Salazzle to bypass the opponent's resistance/immunity to be poisoned."

This is resistance negation for the most part. The part where it mentions being able to poison things that are immune to poison (and this is a Pokémon so that includes things like Ghosts and Robots) reminds me of the thread I made where I asked if the potency of something changed if it worked on something that was fundamentally immune to it based on its nature. The conclusion was that it's not any better and doesn't make any sense. (It was a thread about mind Hax working on things without minds and soul hax working on things without souls. The logic was that if you could manipulate something that doesn't exist in someone, then you're either manipulating something else and calling it the same thing or that person doesn't actually lack that thing.) it's similar becuase logically you can't poison a ghost or a robot because they have no organic functions yet Salazzle can.

Salazzle's poison is incredibly dangerous. Muk's poison is so bad that if it touches the ground, no wildlife will be able to grow there for up to three years. Some Pokemon can turn other Pokemon into puddles with their posion. Dragalge's poison can melt through steel. And Salazzle's poison is far more deadly than all of that. Cobra is dead if that poison enters his mouth.

Sptflcrw said:
Salazzle's poison is incredibly dangerous. Muk's poison is so bad that if it touches the ground, no wildlife will be able to grow there for up to three years. Some Pokemon can turn other Pokemon into puddles with their posion. Dragalge's poison can melt through steel. And Salazzle's poison is far more deadly than all of that. Cobra is dead if that poison enters his mouth.
No, it's not. "Corrosion: Allows Salazzle to bypass the opponent's resistance/immunity to be poisoned."

Salazzle's poison bypasses resistances. It is not stronger than the other poisons, they just don't ignore resistance like it does.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Resistance_Negation

" An easy to understand ability, this ability is the ability to get rid of the opponent's crutch of being immune or nigh immune to certain attacks. For example, say the opponent is resistant to existence erasure. This ability would make said resistance naught, and allows the attacker to use another move to erase the opponent from existence "

" OK, let's have it your way. "

Look, if you disagree and can explain why, I'm ready to listen. I'm just going off of how it's described.

" If the poison bypasses Cobra's resistance, then he'll die as soon as the poison enters his mouth. "

As said by Drite, Salazzle hasn't instantly killed anyone with her poison, so it's not death on touch.

Calaca Vs said:
If Salazzle's poison is able to bypass the Resistance of Dragalge and/or Muk then yes, it's far more deadly.
But the ability to negate resistances is not an indicator of how strong something is. Dragon Slaying magic bypasses magic resistance, does this mean that Dragon Slaying magic is stronger than every magic that doesn't bypass magic resistance? No.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
I agree tbh if she can kill the opponents instantly with her poison then it should be OHKO which in truth is not.
Additionally, it is... Probably not her opening move. I don't know what Salazzle has done in the Manga or the Anime, but I'm 70-ish percent sure her opening move is pheromones.

There's something else I want to address. There are two ways to get past resistance, having a stronger version of the attack that overpowers the resistance or having resistance negation. An example of the former would Base Natsu getting his flames ignored by Madmorl's heat resistance, but Madmorl getting burnt by Fire Dragon King's Natsu flames due to them being hotter than what Madmorl can resist. Resistance Negation means that your attack ignores the resistance of the person (obviously not counting higher dimensional stuff to avoid NLF). This means that it doesn't matter how strong your attack is because it will ignore the fact that the opponent would usually resist it. Character A using Resistance negating soul hax on Character B who has a resistance to soul hax worth 1000 souls does not make Character A's soul hax more potent, it just bypasses the resistance Character B has. Based off the description on the profile, Salazzle fits into the second category because it says that it bypasses resistance which is another word for ignore. Unless there's another wording of it that implies it overpowers the resistance with it's own potency, then it's just resistance negation.

It doesn't bypass resistances 'just cause', it 'bypasses' in-verse resistances because of its corrosive properties, meaning that it is far more corrosive and therefore potent than other Pokemon's poison

GyroNutz said:
It doesn't bypass resistances 'just cause', it 'bypasses' in-verse resistances because of its corrosive properties, meaning that it is far more corrosive and therefore potent than other Pokemon's Poison
Where is this stated?

But saying that the reason Salazzle's poison works on all pokemon specifically because it's poison is corrosive implies no other pokemon uses corrosive poison.

That'd be the case if no other Pokemon had corrosive poison. But since they do according to pokedex entries, it's safe to assume that Salazzle's poison works due to being more corrosive.

Okay but that requires more assumptions. Saying that the name of the ability implies it being of one thing is disadvantaged by other pokemon having the same name for that ability when the actual description of the ability itself elaborates on what it does as bypassing. Besides, who uses bypassing with the intent of it meaning strength or potency? You don't say, for example, "My 4-A AP bypasses your 4-B durability.".

It actually requires less assumptions. We know that some Pokemon have poison that is corrosive, yet cannot poison steel or poison types. We also know that Salazzle and Salandit have the corrosion ability and can poison steel or poison types. So either:

• Salazzle's poison isn't actually corrosive, it just magically bypasses in-verse immunities
  • Salazzle's poison is corrosive, and must be more corrosive than other Pokemon's poison via feats.
The second statement has more backing and makes more sense, so we should use it.

Also, the actual flavour text for Corrosion is this:

"The Pokémon can poison the target even if it's a Steel or Poison type."

Dunno where you got bypass from.

Yeah, it's really misleading. I take back what I said then.

Edit: About the resistance negation stuff. Not the instantly killing Cobra if he tries eating it stuff.

Cobra won't die instantly if he tries to eat it. He will, however, be beyond saving if the fight drags on. Which her superior defense (wow, it feels REALLY weird talking about Salazzle having better defenses than something) and Venom Drench will guarrantee, unless the lizard is merciful and just goes for a few Venoshocks.

Back