• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakuya Izayoi vs Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)

If I have to vote...Sakuya? Just from glance, aside from Soul Manipulation, not much she could do against Time Erasure. Exclude that, and she probably couldn't get past her time manip either (at least not without high-diff)

Please link the two combatants' profiles in OP.

Sakuya's profile

Lightning's profile

While Lightning's ability to summon, heal/resurrect, manipulate gravity/time may pose problems for Sakuya, I see Sakuya taking this, as her time manipulation (+space at that) is superior to that of Lightning's own timehax, although Lightning does possess an advantage in AP and Dura.

@Andy Ain't she only able to use soul manipulation as The Savior (Low 2-C)?

Andykhang said:
If I have to vote...Sakuya? Just from glance, aside from Soul Manipulation, not much she could do against Time Erasure. Exclude that, and she probably couldn't get past her time manip either (at least not without high-diff)
Light can time stop as well.

@J-Man damn forgot about that lol

@Garg She can, though Sakuya's time manipulation is more potent and more versatile.

I vote for Sakuya due having a better and higher time manipulation. Plus, bullet hell is going to be quite a nice advantage

I'm voting Inconclusive.

Sakuya can Time Stop and Erase, Light can Time Sto and do Zangetsu to cast instant death.

Zangetsu? I don't see that technique on her profile (Nor death manipulation/one hit kill on her powers and abilities), do you have a source for it? Plus, this comment says that her going for time freeze is not in character for her, but time slowing is.

Additionally, if Zangetsu is a thing, is time-stop + zangetsu going to be her first move? Because time stopping for Sakuya is, and nowhere in OP does it say they're bloodlusted. Standard Battle Assumptions dictates that they are in character, but willing to kill.

Yea, in character, but that post claims that in character, Lightning will not timestop, at least, not for her first move.

Fllflourine said:
Yea, in character, but that post claims that in character, Lightning will not timestop, at least, not for her first move.
Read further down the thread please

Repo mentions Zangetsu as her instant kill ability and shows a scan of her time stop.

Eyes Emoji
Repo mentions Zangetsu as her instant kill ability and shows a scan of her time stop.

Ask him to add it to her profile then so we don't run into shit like this in the future.

I'm also not sure as to whether or not its In-character for her to start off with timestop + instant death combo. That comment claims it is not, while Reppu says it is.

Tally:

Sakuya: 5? (Andykhang, me, Numbersguy, Theglassman12, and TheJ-ManRequiem)

Lightning: 0

Inconclusive: 1 (Gargoyle One)

Partially depends on if spellcards are in place. If the rule is removed Lightning gets destroyed.

Otherwise, Lightning would have to dodge some of the hardest attacks in touhou (in my opinion) to avoid taking some noticable damage.

So, voting Sakuya for reasons above, then as well? Because one liner votes arean't counted unless they are saying that they agree with reasons stated above or by a specific person.

Alright, that is 7 votes for Sakuya.

To Lightning's none.

And Garg switched from inconclusive to the maid.

Back