• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama (Caped Baldy) VS Gumball Watterson

• Fight Location: Z-City
  • Starting Distance: 5m
  • Both in-character
  • Equalized speed
  • Saitama with prior knowledge
  • Parallel Timeline Saitama | Gumball With Optional Equipment
Saitama:
Gumball:
Inconclusive:

e592ecfe068035340a8e33fc70eb712c.png
J1hfnND_d.webp

Last edited:
Also wondering what gumball starts with
I mean, Gumball has a huge amount of HAX, but he never usually uses them in combat.

The most likely ones would be the Universal Remote, the helmet and the notebook, however it is questionable whether Saitama would just watch Gumball writing something, since in a fighting situation there is the awareness of it being something to defeat you somehow.

I mean, Gumball has a huge amount of HAX, but he never usually uses them in combat.
He is more inclined to use them and also the reason he rarley uses them is because he is fighting people he knows so he won't go all out
This has been discussed in a recent CRT before
The most likely ones would be the Universal Remote, the helmet and the notebook, however it is questionable whether Saitama would just watch Gumball writing something, since in a fighting situation there is the awareness of it being something to defeat you somehow.
He can also use the Console though where he makes the battle into an RPG thing and Gumball does AOE summons

He also always go first so Saitama needs to resist the atks

He also overrides the RPG system and can even heal and do it when Saitama's turn

Saitama doesn't have prior knowledge of the Magic Notebook being magical, and he would have very low energy against an opponent like Gumball in a contrived battle, so Gumball would write that his opponent isn't interested in fighting. That would give him a simple win. I could imagine a scenario where Gumball would be annoying Saitama before the battle, which would start it with Saitama having higher energy, but the original post provides no such context, so I'm not assuming it to be the case. There are ways to make this thread more interesting, like giving Saitama prior knowledge or making the scenario be that Saitama is annoyed by Gumball.
He is more inclined to use them and also the reason he rarley uses them is because he is fighting people he knows so he won't go all out
This has been discussed in a recent CRT before
That seems inaccurate. I remember that Gumball didn't know who William was yet he still ran away like against other opponents. Gumball doesn't use his abilities often in other circumstances either. He didn't use hax against the copycats, who were strangers making money off of copying the Watterson family for their own show and stalking them to see what they do. Gumball doesn't use his abilities because of a lack of realization, not because he restrains himself. Luckily, Gumball has always been shown to know the abilities of his items. His best items were used in ways that were relevant to the stories they were in, rather than for trivial one-off gags, meaning Gumball acknowledges their capabilities.

Now, Saitama has a likelihood of winning, which makes this more interesting. I still think Gumball is more likely to win though. Gumball would probably run away from Saitama while trying to write in the Magic Notebook, and if he would struggle with this task and realize he's going to get punched, he might resort to using the Universal Remote to defeat Saitama non-physically. If there are no good objections to this, then I vote for Gumball winning the battle.

Now, Saitama has a likelihood of winning, which makes this more interesting. I still think Gumball is more likely to win though. Gumball would probably run away from Saitama while trying to write in the Magic Notebook, and if he would struggle with this task and realize he's going to get punched, he might resort to using the Universal Remote to defeat Saitama non-physically. If there are no good objections to this, then I vote for Gumball winning the battle.
Are we really not going to consider Time Travel here?

Are we really not going to consider Time Travel here?
Saitama doesn't use it in character. He only used it while he was taught how to and then he forgot how to after fusing with his past self. It's unfamiliar to him. Saitama starts with trying to use physical attacks, and even if he could be pushed to use time travel, the hax from Gumball's items would probably have already taken affect by then.

yeah

Gumball leading with Notebook won't work with the new changes

but remote and console should work just fine

Back