• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama is plopped into the middle of the Chimera Ant arc of Hunter x Hunter.

SpookyShadow said:
Wow, I forgot about that. If it's not just showing it in much bigger scale then damn...
Planetary sized monsters, I want to see Nen users handling this
I'm uhhh pretty sure the monsters shown in that pic aren't as literal size reference, more just a representation of what lies beyond the continents of the Hunter x Hunter society.

I mean, the hunters were already seeing monsters of ridiculous size on Dark Continent so I wouldn't be surprised if there were planetary sized ones. There is already a random reality warping entity from Dark Continent that Zoldyck family got and HXH world is of hilariously massive size.

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Saitama's main weakness probably let's him get mind haxed, but otherwise just solo's the Chimera Ant Arc via physical strength. Keep in mind though that Saitama probably won't pay much attention to any of the Chimera Ants who he would perceive as weak. Even Meruem doesn't have Dragon level strength in terms of AP and durability, and Saitama views Dragon levels as fodder. Hell, the only opponents he hasn't viewed as fodder are Boros and Garou. So while Saitama wouldn't take the Chimera Ants seriously, he would probably just go and kill them.

Meruem and his colony are pretty much life wipers overtime. If you give him some time to spread and consume millions of humans then he'd definitely be High Dragon if not way higher. At least take out Komugi and Rose this would've probably happened. Also Ant Queens can continue to produce multiple colonies and Kings too.

SpookyShadow said:
I mean, Meruem would be Dragon level. He stomps any 7-B in OPM and Bakuzan is there.
Good point, but I mean Pre-Rose Meruem. Edit: Who would probably still be a mid or high Demon, but definitely not a Dragon.

Why are you using weakest version of Meruem though? I thought we are talking here about the strongest, ofc Pre-Rose Meruem doesn't stand a chance but Post-Rose can mindhax any time

EmperorRorepme said:
Meruem and his colony are pretty much life wipers overtime. If you give him some time to spread and consume millions of humans then he'd definitely be High Dragon if not way higher. At least take out Komugi and Rose this would've probably happened. Also Ant Queens can continue to produce multiple colonies and Kings too.
I agree there. Now that I think about it, since the Chimera Ant species was rated as a threat level of B in HXH, then a A level threat might even be considered God overall. Then again, you also need to take into account that the Chimera Ants were considered life wipers in HXH. If they were in OPM, they would get annihilated pretty quickly and easily once the HA learned about it and decided to send in some S class heroes. But yeah it'd be terrifying if a Chimera Ant species managed to produce multiple King's. Keep in mind that I'm pretty sure the Chimera Ants in the HXH series were just a random "faction" in a sense. Unless I'm mistaken, there should be many more Chimera Ant species out in the Dark Continent, imagine how strong they've gotten.

SpookyShadow said:
Why are you using weakest version of Meruem though? I thought we are talking here about the strongest, ofc Pre-Rose Meruem doesn't stand a chance but Post-Rose can mindhax any time
Because of the scenario. It's simply Saitama in the Chimera Ant Arc. And I'm assuming it'd be Pre-Rose since sending Saitama into it Post-Rose is kind of weird.

Well judging by title it's "middle" of Chimera Ant arc, so would it be Post-Rose?

There are seemingly planetary sized monsters in Dark Continent do definitely a God threat, after all Boros was one and he's a surface buster.

Yeah bear in mind it was an Ant King who barely ate anything. The Queen could actually produce multiple colonies. HxH Military isn't weak by any means either with a cheap nuke that can easily be mass-produced being able to annihilate the Ant King who was the strongest Nen user at the time.

Meruem wasn't even fully born, he just destroyed womb of his mother when she didn't finish

So if he was fully done, ate Netero/and Zeno and had some time to eat more hunters and create Hatsu he would be even more OP, but power wasn't point of Meruem anyway

SpookyShadow said:
Well judging by title it's "middle" of Chimera Ant arc, so would it be Post-Rose?
There are seemingly planetary sized monsters in Dark Continent do definitely a God threat, after all Boros was one and he's a surface buster.
Middle can mean literally any point in it after the start and before the ending, Post-Rose happens very, very late into the arc, I would almost consider it the ending of the arc even. But that's up to interpretation I guess.

Good point, although Boros was never confirmed to be a God level threat, just implied, even when someone asked ONE about it, he just said Dragon, maybe above that.

Boros Dragon level?! I think if anything he would be Dragon++++ or something, God are guys that can eradicate the life on Earth so I believe Boros is one, he tanked Saitama's punch after all

SpookyShadow said:
Boros Dragon level?! I think if anything he would be Dragon++++ or something, God are guys that can eradicate the life on Earth so I believe Boros is one, he tanked Saitama's punch after all
Well, Dragon's are not whatsoever equal. As you pointed out, even Bakuzan is a Dragon, yet he'd get fodderized by most other Dragon's in the series. I don't think Dragon++++ exists. Although, there is a fan made term called "Above Dragon", it's basically a made up threat level between Dragon and God, currently the only Above Dragon's to the fans are Awakened Garou and Boros. But officially speaking Boros is a Dragon level without CSRC. Meteoric Burst Boros though, I would guess is basically the highest level of Dragon possible. He easily destroyed parts of his ship, even though the ship took Saitama's moon jump while only suffering some denting, and, as you said, tanked Saitama's punch, although idk if tanked is the correct word. In his restricted state, it's more likely that the armor heavily protected him, in his unrestricted state, he survived a punch but it took off his arm. In Meteoric Burst, he survived a punch but suffered heavy internal damage (which is the feat I'm guessing you were referring to), then got obliterated by Consecutive Normal Punches, however managed to regenerate.

So yeah, he's arguably highest level of Dragon via Meteoric Burst, and is still VERY high into Dragon in his unrestricted state, but only outright God level with his CSRC. Obviously we know hardly anything about God level, but I'd guess he's probably gonna be a Low God, which is likely surface wiping, the bare minimum for God level, and that high God's will probably be capable of fully planet busting.

Back