• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sailor Moon Discussion Thread

Let's rebut your points:

-This seems to be a massive misunderstanding. No one, and I mean NO ONE, thinks that SM is Universal because the Silver Crystal's power is stated to be infinite 14 times. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE. We know it's universal because of a dozen other things with that as a bit of minor support. Also no it doesn't make sense by the tiering system of this site to say that something infinite can one-shot anything because that defeats the purpose of dimensional tiering at all.

Let's talk about what SM supporters actually use as evidence. For instance that Chaos was going touse the Crystal to form a new universe . No interpretation, no hyperbole, no nlf. It straight up can make a universe. Clear as day.

-What are you even talking about? The Kodansha Translation, aka the latest one and fromw hat I understand the original Japanese states that the Lambda Power "maintains and restores the cosmos" or something to that effect. The Cosmos is the universe, by definition. Again pretty crystal clear, and that's not even usually a main point of evidence that's again just a side-note like the "infinite power". Actual big points of evidence are how the Silver Crystal can create a universe, how it's energy warps the entirety of spacetime, how Chaos is stronger then the Gods like Chronos who made the timeline, how the Black Crystal, the equal of the Silver Crystal, also can warp the entirety of spacetime. There is so much that is so direct and you are trying to deconstruct side-stupport which doesn't really do that

-Nehelenia's mirror world is by all accounts in-verse a universe. Yes it being called that in a legend wouldn't hold up if there was something to contradict that....but there isn't. And there is in fact more to support, for instance the fact that the artbook says that Nehelenia's mirror contains constellations, or the fact that as a "mirror world" it's referncing the idea of a parallel universe, something that is also used in the 4th arc.

No, things in Stars did not just affect the Milky Way it's dishonest to say so. In the future Sailor Pluto noted to Neo-Queen Serenity that the very edge of spacetime was being distorted. Chaos was far more then a galactic power. If you look at it's 4 Chaos-Spawn known to us, 3 of them orginated from outside the Galaxy (Death Phantom comes from the end of spacetime, Pharaoh 90 comes from the Tau Dimension and a far off galaxy, a galaxy it moved at MFTL+ speeds, Nehelenia comes from her mirror world).

That's not even getting into the thematics of it, the Sailor Moon series is thematically about the fight between cosmos and chaos. Cosmos is Existence, the universe as understood as a structured ordered whole, Chaos it's opposite and equal being none-existence. You have to not understand Sailor Moon on even a narrative point of view, to think that it only centers on the Milky Way Galaxy.

1. Since when does having infinite power means everything will be destroyed in one shot? That's a made up assumption on your own part. Also, Sailor Pluto did say the crystal can destroy everything in one shot via the time paradox so there even goes your point.

2. It is the strongest power in the unvierse. It comes from the combination of all the sailor crystals. Can you name a stronger power in the series than the Lambda power? It controls the Galaxy Cauldron which creates and controls everything in the universe. This is basic reading comprehension And the scan you're talking about is an added note from Miss Dream that states it's based on the Lambda constant.

3. Nehellenia's world is called a universe becasue it's called a universe numberous times. The source material clearly states it's a parallel world sepearte from reality. And the European Legend Nehellenia is based on is a Sea Faring Goddess, and actually has nothing to do with universes. So I'm not sure why you're bringing taht up to disprove anything?

How can, creating a new universe, destroying the thing that creates all living things and celestial obects, and warping and destroying history not effect the entire universe and just a galaxy?

For nehellenia, if you want proof of the manga well here: Chibi Usa tells us an alternate Universe / World mirror shows us a galactic space which is essentially a universe and constellations, constellations of galaxies and even galaxies clusters which Thousands of galaxies

I would love to talk about the second arc. We barely speak on it, it be a change rather than discussing the powerlevels of the first arc which always goes on in circles. (lol it's like the great schism of the Sailor Moon fandom)

1 - Yet the scan before says this: https://gallery.missdream.org/albums/scanlation_smoon/smoon_act57/013.jpg

"Sailor Moon... we will finally meet, at long last... at the place where our fates began. The time has come at last to forge a new galaxy, a new history..."

Which contradicts what Chaos says. "Clear as day", you say. Galaxy or universe??? It isn't clear. But the final chapter scans say galaxy over and over. We use the low-end in this case, which is galaxy level.

2 - "from what I understand". Nope, you have to be precisely clear. If it's not clear you don't use the original Jap translation, you use the Miss Dream version, which clearly says galaxy. (Admittedly, I don't know Japanese.)

"Actual big points of evidence are how the Silver Crystal can create a universe, how it's energy warps the entirety of spacetime, how Chaos is stronger then the Gods like Chronos who made the timeline, how the Black Crystal, the equal of the Silver Crystal, also can warp the entirety of spacetime. There is so much that is so direct and you are trying to deconstruct side-stupport which doesn't really do that"

I pointed out earlier how the two terms contradict, and we should honestly use the low-end which says Moon is galaxy level... then that means all you said are limited to a galactic range.

3 - The problem isn't that an old legend says so, the problem is that there isn't enough proof. Some guidebook also states Saitama is star level. Doesn't mean he is. (on that note, I don't agree with SS level Cell either, but that's another discussion).

If it contains constellations it's probably at least small galaxy level, which is honestly pretty credible since Eternal Sailor Moon is damn strong and can restore an entire galaxy. So yeah.

4 - Last time I checked Tau was a nebula, although from the scans it looks like a galaxy. Can I please have that scan with Pluto and NQS?

and the thematics... what are you trying to prove. I'm just gonna point at the thematics of One Punch Man.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
Just a question crobat? What level do you believe Sailor Moon verse is actually on?

Galaxy level, maybe galaxy level+.

I actually think most points here are valid, just that they only apply to the galaxy, not the universe.

Chaos says he can create a new universe with silver crystal and galaxy galaxy, and then? Have repeatedly told us that silver crystal is the source of all energy, that it is infinite and Immeasurable that gives more credibility to chaos, In the last chapter, have said the universe so ....
Sailor Cosmos has access to the cauldron of the galaxy, which has created the entire universe, it could create / shape the universe like that in the chapter, have not told us galaxy, Universe (and if you want more evidence that contradicts Galaxy, it mentions 3 previous chapter "controlled the universe"

It is necessary to know that there is no distinction between the plural and the singular, so whenever the word "galaxy" is mentioned, it also means in Japanese "Galaxies"

Pharoh 90 owns taioran crystal, which supplies a whole "little universe" in energy, and Super Sailor moon deploits 10K more energy,

Sailor Saturn is also Universe level, are attack meant destruction of the universe / everythnigs

As he said above, the evidence accumulates ..... It has been mentioned Alternate Universe / World It also shows us the Space Empty and Constellation, putting in a small galaxy because of the constellation is a bad argument ... because with the size of the exterior view mirror, have constellation

AND space that is characteristic of the universe (it's like looking through the window of your home and seeing only a dozen buildings, the world is not made up of that)

Lambda Usagi restores the universe so destroying a universe is not shocking

1: ....Alright a peanut contains less mass-energy then a nuke. But you can't blast a nuke and form a peanut. It takes a lot of energy to create something but it doesn't JUST take energy. Sailor Galaxia has the Crystal of DESTRUCTION, no duh she can't CREATE a galaxy.

2: Why on Earth would I use a FAN TRANSLATION over the latest official English Translation, the Kodansha Translation? What is Buu a galaxy buster now cause a fan translation said he was?

3: "Constellations" are not just in a galaxy, they are an ordering of the stars in the sky and so would contains many galaxies. That not's even getting into the fact that you haven't given a reason why it's not a universe. it's described as such in-universe, and it's called a parallel world, like a parallel universe, so it's clearly referencing that idea. There is evidence and there is no counter-evidence other then you don't think there is enough evidence which I'm sorry is just your opinion.

4:Tau Nebula is a galaxy. It's several times referred to as a galaxy

I can tell you what the Kodansha scan says if you want, but Kodansha translation is not uploaded online. It's in act 53 before Princess Small Lady says she is going to go back to the past to help Sailor Moon

5: I brought up the thematics because you were claiming the entirety of the 5th arc takes place in the milky way, and that the story is contained in the galaxy, which goes against the central tenet of the story

Sailor Moon Universe proof:

• Disturb All Space Time With silver crystal
  • Sources of all Energy in the universe
  • Restore All the Cosmos Static'
  • Destroy The Universe Via paradox
  • Light Up All Time Space
  • Total control of the Galaxy Cauldron (creator of the universe)
  • Immeasurable and infinite
Even without nehellenia the universe proof is blatant

Sailor Moon Galaxy proof of Crobat:

• The battle that happens in the galaxy'
  • Galaxia Mentions Creates New Galaxy
  • Full Hyperbole

Honestly, we need to have a good discussion on Death Phantom and the second arc, becuase that's full of a lot of delicous spacetime feats and explanations.

That would be helpful, it really is full of spacetime shenanigans like Chibiusa turning into Black Lady causing more spacetime chaos then there had ever been before

Black Lady actually uses a portal inside the core of Nemesis to travel to the end of space time (that's where the negitive energy goes). Death Phantom actually reaches there physically by destroying spacetime.

CantStoptheCrobat said:
The "original translation" honestly shouldn't matter, if Miss Dream says planet it's planet level. Most other translations of SM also used planet level. This is like saying Saitama is star level because of that guidebook

Otherwise I'm not really gonna post my thoughts here since I firmly believe what I said in the last thread (unless people really want to know my explanation). Sailor Moon isn't universe level.

You are either very misinformed, or you never read the Manga. There is ALOT of evidence SM is universe level. LIke, its more of confirmed now.

I suggest you read or reread the Manga.

You know, Nehellenia might be proof of Chaos being Multi-Universal.

As, if she is a Chaos spawn and Aspect of him. And I don't think we have any proof of her not being atleast a low form of Universal+

Are the Chaos-Spawns in anyway controlled by Chaos? Is there anything connecting Chaos to them? Or are they separate beings entirely?

Nehelenia does not mean Chaos is Multi-Universal. She is an aspect of Chaos, and her feats scale to it but nothing more.

Nephillim99 said:
Nehelenia does not mean Chaos is Multi-Universal. She is an aspect of Chaos, and her feats scale to it but nothing more.
I see.

Her universe was four dimensional though, correct?

We do not know, if this universe is composed of space and time, it has been able to survive in it, either there is in it, or it has an infinite velocity (lack of space)

I don't understand how the universe could be anything other than four dimensional. The source specifically states it's a seperate reality. It's not like Jadeites dimension that was created while inside the universe. It's obviously seperated with it's own spacetime.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
I don't understand how the universe could be anything other than four dimensional. The source specifically states it's a seperate reality. It's not like Jadeites dimension that was created while inside the universe. It's obviously seperated with it's own spacetime.
My thoughts. ^

And ESM destroyed that?

Nephillim99 said:
Well no, she destroyed and overpowered Queen Nehelenia who was maintaining it
I've heard that she destroyed the Dark World in order to force Nehelenia out?

Sorry, I'm still rereading the manga. So my knowledge is probably a bit hazy right now.

Nephillim99 said:
That's just a galaxy. It's explictly stated to be a galaxy.

It was never called a Galaxy (Úèǵ▓│), only a Star System (µÿƒþ│╗) or (only once) a small universe.

A Star System can mean a Galaxy.

Also, the image appears to display a Galaxy. And, the thing about it being like a universe also adds to it being a Galaxy.

DarkLK said:
Nephillim99 said:
That's just a galaxy. It's explictly stated to be a galaxy.
It was never called a Galaxy (Úèǵ▓│), only a Star System (µÿƒþ│╗) or (only once) a small universe.
I showed two statements of it being called a galaxy above. Can you please show the corresponding Japanese scan saying otherwise?

Nephillim99 said:
I showed two statements of it being called a galaxy above. Can you please show the corresponding Japanese scan saying otherwise?
Sailormoon 09 016 - 『ss-zip.com』 -

Another scan has already been provided above.

The word there is "µÿƒÚø▓" Seiun which translates to "Nebula" or "Galaxy" not "µÿƒþ│╗" Seikai which is "Solar System"

Back